What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bajangreen

What do you guys recon the increased per plant output of a tree-conventional field grown is what? 100%, 2000%.?

FatherEarth

Veteran
"What this thread really needs is to be locked, sifted down to about 1500 or so posts and made a sticky."

Im working on that sifting currently. I agree it is hard to find information without LOTS of sifting. Searching for certain members posts and filtering out others. There is so much info itll take all winter to really get it pulled and organized. Thanks for all the good info, this thread has changed everything for me.

HorseMouth

RootWise,

I agree with a lot of what you just posted, however it's hard to really define your BIG plants parameters. Why don't you come out and say what a BIG plant is in your mind, and therefore allowed to be shared here. What's the poundage you are imagining here? Is a 5 pound plant big enough to post pics of? and do I have to wait till it's weighed out and achieves that 5 lb. mark?

A BIG plant to one person is just not the same from one person to another.

For me, who only grows Outdoor Light Dep. plants there is no forum. So I come to this forum and post here. I'm sure my 1 lb. plants that are done in August would not make the cut in your mind.

My interpretation of the title of this specific forum is more of a 'How to' Grow Large Outdoor plants, And not so much of a 'These are' Large Outdoor plants. I think most ppl. gravitate here because they want to go from 'How to' to 'These are'.

Maybe I've got it backwards. This thread does need to have at least half of the posts deleted for pure uselessness, mostly regarding some weird personal quirks.

I do think ALL relevant Pics should be kept however right where they are.

Peace

Tom Hill

Veteran
MoneyMike is a grower I most respect, why, because he pushes what I know to be true past the boundaries. Any fool can keep a plant healthy for two months during the quick indoor trip, and likewise I see the big fat training wheels that comes from giant containers or beds - I was there during their conception. But push a plant through it's life with optimum health, to a much larger capacity and much longer than your battery would suggest, well then, now you have my attention! Cheers, Mike, I humbly bow sir, sincerely.

V

Veg N Out

More than a decade after overgrow, the question comes up even within the minds of the guys at the top. But that quote right there, is sitting comfortably atop the hill, and there it will remain. The biggest plants have the biggest batteries, period - not foo-foo juice or secret recipes, not topping techniques, not any-other-godamn thing, you build a plant from down low.

:thank you: for showing me the road to the Top, brother. :woohoo:Wasn't with out its bumps...But the journey was fun and now all that's left is just to add more soil to my House Pads ..........Hope every one is going in to the fall Strong... Bless

Tom Hill

Veteran
picture.php

Bro you push back as well as the best of them, ie i've learned as much from you as you from me, anyway screw the jury on that, let's make Oxygen. Here is SourD doing her thing.

It would be sacrilege to me if we got so caught up in the little things, so as to be blind to the window in the sky. -T

B

bajangreen

just a nobody showing his empty "batteries", looking to recharge them just now.

Attachments

• IMG02440-20110101-1203.jpg
    IMG02440-20110101-1203.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 15

Tom Hill

Veteran
I do not even know how to photograph some of these plants outside of training monkeys. MoneyMike was here and they are clearly growing out of their britches n den some, woop!:p

picture.php

All parameters are carefully measured, all stones from length of exposure to how that fits inside of the pot was inside my sometimes delusional mind. Grow them often, grow them big. -T

and shit, those sours are too far off to consider, but them Berry White albums be making the rounds inside of next week, down lala way ;) Pics to come

The Revolution

Veteran
Wicked Tom, Very nice. Bud, that timewreck is a beast. Can you tell us a bit about the genetics, and also for those not aware, what type of creature dropped those eggs on the leaves of that beautiful sativa?

FatherEarth

Veteran
My first outdoor ever, not to mention building and learning how to grow in a hoop house. Made a gang of fundamental mistakes my first time out, that I certainly have learned from, and wont repeat. Hemp Diseases and Pests saved my ass and alleviated many headaches. Much respect to the person who got me started and showed me the way, this thread has helped me tremendously.

The hoop house is 76' long and 15' wide, been yanking kivvers over it to try and beat the rains, late start but better late then never. These girls were put out on the solstice June 20th, no pots here, we dug a trench 7 ft wide 24" deep and filled it with amended soil mix shared with me from a good friend.

Thanks Brotato:

101.jpg

101_N.jpg

epcisnw8b

FatherEarth

Veteran
The hoop house is 11' tall so you can get an idea of the size of these ladies. They certainly got WAY larger than I expected putting out so late. Had to decide to up size the hoop house 3 feet or top them. I rebuilt the house instead. Next year I should have it dialed in and hopefully in a sunnier location. Thanks again.

Tierra Rojo

Daaaaauuumn Tom! Blown away as usual. We are building greenhouses and gettin ourselves ready to make a big move outdoors. I've never been so excited about something. Having grown up under 450,000 sqft of glass means im goin home. The mmed is going to allow us to have retractable roofs. Glass only. This should however be to our advantage. Damn expensive, but to our advantage. Can't wait to be a part of the thread next year. Inspirational. The lot of ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts