What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CascadeFarmer

I've been out in the garden yelling at the wind and my anxiety level is at a new high.
While no canna plants this year I was out there doing that a few months ago after I got tired of it. Yesterday, today and tomorrow cloudy, very cool and some rain. Never seen a Summer like this...what Summer?

nomaad

Veteran
I am having major problems. I've been so busy getting my drip and water dialed that I put off properly supporting plants until this week.

I put my plants needs and health in front of my own priority wise,many of my biggest plants are on the verge of collapse. They can't take another windy day. I've been out in the garden yelling at the wind and my anxiety level is at a new high.

Edit: I'm all good,was just flipping out for a moment. Putting a plan in action and supporting these bitches. Let's do it!

way to turn it around, bro. good luck getting trellissed.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
got any pics of things lately? i know it gets windy in butte county so a little worried but the last week has been real nice 85 or so with 7-10mph winds and sunny.....

interesting note about the veg foliar spray....gonna have to mix up some up that..what are yall using? i have some earthjuice and fox farms grow big, as well as a ton of samples i picked up at the grow expo...what kind of good shit should i put in there, i have a fogmaster jr. so spray everything down with too..

Yeoman

How about this weather! lol, jk..

Ladies are doing well. Getting great sunlight, but much less water evaporation w/ the cooler weather.

picture.php

Garden -July 18th

picture.php

The Church - July 18th

picture.php

Green Crack in light deprive - July 18th

picture.php

Jilly Bean canopy - July 18th

Keep on Keepn' on!

Regards,

B

BassDrip

Almost everything has slowed down compared to last year with the cool-snap... exponential growth just slammed on the brakes. I think because they were heavily watered right before it got cool... The hard downturn of leaves (the claw) is happening on the Blue Dream and its really bumming me out. I have never experienced this (even in the pre-season) with this clone. In fact, I have never had a problem of any kind with this clone.
Hey Nomaad, my big blue dreams are doing the exact same thing, seem to be more effected by the sudden cold streak of the last week more then any of the other strains in my garden, a few of the fan leaves close to the top are turned town and have a stiffness on the petiole, the very tips just started doing the 'cats claw' curl as well. they did the same thing when i first moved them out of the greenhouse earlier in the season but were able to recover, hopefully it warms up quick.

as far as flowering problems i still have the supp lights on all night and am planning on turning them off in a week. A banana kush cut still started preflowering gnarly just from the cold weather effecting its hormones, even with 24/0 light cycle.

Last edited:

nomaad

Veteran
I really like the late July supplemental light cutoff paradigm. I hope I'll be able to do that next year.

Sorry to hear that you're having the exact same problem with the BD... any chance you overwatered leading up to the cool-wave? Are they growing at all?

McDank8O5

I'm also curious about your foliar to keep them in veg nomaad!

We had that on and off cloudy weather back around the 10th and 2/3 of clones of started flowering. Huge bummer I will be lowering my expectations for this season as well

organic P

Stay positive everyone!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 12

swayzie

not sure if u would call this a big plant. but here.

outdoor scrog.

whitefire#3, kromes cut.

45 gallon smartie.

ocean forest, 707 mix

hoping she fills the entire 5x8 screen before she quits stretchin this season

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 12

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys I,m growing in Hawaii and w/a 14 plant limit would love to grow larger plants,however sunlight goes from 11-13 hrs over the summer and back to 11 hrs/day by fall are there any tricks to keeping in veg longer.thought about lighting for 6-8 hrs @night but wondering just how much is needed above each plant.thanks in advance for any replies aloha...

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hi guys I,m growing in Hawaii and w/a 14 plant limit would love to grow larger plants,however sunlight goes from 11-13 hrs over the summer and back to 11 hrs/day by fall are there any tricks to keeping in veg longer.thought about lighting for 6-8 hrs @night but wondering just how much is needed above each plant.thanks in advance for any replies aloha...

Are You growing Sativas? Seems like that would be the easiest. I lived on Maui in 77. The weed we had there back then was real good. It was probably that Elephant weed

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
White flies

White flies

I had some white flies in a olive tree, and now they are on some of the plants too. Will Spinosad take care of them? Any suggestions?

D

Durdy

Questions for all your outdoor pros

I'm growing some plants (which I wouldn't call large) in 100gals.

I have a bunch of leftover vermiculite which was used for stove insulation.

Would it be a good idea to use this vermiculite as a mulch?

and if so is there any precautions which should be taken before adding to the top of the pots?

B

BassDrip

nomaad- no i didnt give them a heavy watering before the cold set in. i have actually been taking it super easy on the water because i live in a bit cooler spot then you cats farther up north, been giving the 200 gal pots only about 8-10 gals every 3 days and just starting to step it up. The BD and others are still growin just slowed way down but after todays heat things should be picking back up, the downward pointing leaves are starting to perk back up.
heres a few pics of a corner of the garden.

Blue Dream:
picture.php

Headband:
picture.php

bottom left plant is dj short blueberry:
picture.php

kinda wishing i had gone for 300s instead of 200s but was low on flow in the beginning of the season for all the extra soil

happy growin

Status
Not open for further replies.