What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eatatjoes

Damn Joe,she looks super healthy and happy.

Thanks Ganja D, coming from a grower like you that means a lot.
This is my first year starting so early, using my own soil mix, nute regiment and growing these strains. So far so good.

E

Eatatjoes

Your soil will probably settle and become level, mine did on a slight slope after a few waterings.

feenom

i'm not talking about the soil level i am speaking about the different water pressure at each container due to elevation change and how these sprayers will emit differently based on that change...

primeform

Well I'm in the fray now...All my 60s are amended and turned and I got 20 of them planted today and put my lights up.

picture.php

Awsome TG! great inspiration for the season.

localhero

i'm not talking about the soil level i am speaking about the different water pressure at each container due to elevation change and how these sprayers will emit differently based on that change...

the pc emmitters like stickky said, the only thing with those is that they require like 10 psi to emit evenly so you might over feed the last bit of juice to the plants on the lowest elevation. i used those down sprayers last season from dripworks and they work ok. it is a challenge getting them to cover the pot. i was angling them into the ground to even out the spray. hit and miss and lots of tinkering with cleaning filters before every watering. the filtering thing was only an issue cus i wasnt always just putting pure water through the lines.

T

Trinity Gold

My irrigation system starts up pretty even. I'd say the first pot (upper left) and last pot (bottom right) start with in about 5-10 seconds of one another if that...I think I am using the mini jets...I'm not sure what they're called..they're just the sprayers that come in 90 , 180 or 360 in different colors depending on the pattern flow and diameter..mine are the green ones and i have them at 15 psi so they're doing something like 10 or 15 gallons or somethin per hour...With my pump and hose sizing it takes me about 30-45 minutes to deliver 1800 gallons to 60 pots.

feenom

yes friends i know about pc emitters but im trying to get a spray emitter instead of just a dripper, for better surface coverage...

localhero

well if youre putting a 20 psi inline regulator on your system which is required if you use those downsprayers then its probably just a matter of getting the sprayers placed right on your pots. any reason you wanna use sprayers over gravity + coiled poly with pc emmitters punched in?

if i had any elevation here id go with the coils more control over how much watering each plant gets and a more even watering and cheaper.

feenom

well if youre putting a 20 psi inline regulator on your system which is required if you use those downsprayers then its probably just a matter of getting the sprayers placed right on your pots. any reason you wanna use sprayers over gravity + coiled poly with pc emmitters punched in?

if i had any elevation here id go with the coils more control over how much watering each plant gets and a more even watering and cheaper.

yes of course i have a regulator in line but that's only going to keep the pressure constant at the same elevation...any drop in elevation will increase the pressure, thus varying the amount of water being emitted to each container....unless i went with a regulator at every change in elevation than i don't think the sprayer are for me...

T

Trinity Gold

If you can deliver 15 psi to your garden use the green 360* sprayers.. I have 4 per bed it works pretty good I would like to run 4 360 degree and 2 180 degree ideally but I probably will not add the extra sprayers. Unless you're talking major drop the PSI will not change more than 2 or 3 PSI...You have to remember it takes 27 feet of fall to make 10 psi...Are you on a cliff side or something? Another idea is to use some ball valves inline and choke the flow down. I've never had to irrigate a terrace or steep hill side so that is what i've got for you. I also think that the flow of the pressure compensating emitters is the same weather its 10 or 50 psi...

E

Eatatjoes

This is my first year trying light dep, only the one OG but I'm loving it so far. 5.5 Weeks flower
It's tough to see the frost on her from this pic but she's got plenty of it.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

feenom

If you can deliver 15 psi to your garden use the green 360* sprayers.. I have 4 per bed it works pretty good I would like to run 4 360 degree and 2 180 degree ideally but I probably will not add the extra sprayers. Unless you're talking major drop the PSI will not change more than 2 or 3 PSI...You have to remember it takes 27 feet of fall to make 10 psi...Are you on a cliff side or something? Another idea is to use some ball valves inline and choke the flow down. I've never had to irrigate a terrace or steep hill side so that is what i've got for you. I also think that the flow of the pressure compensating emitters is the same weather its 10 or 50 psi...

haha no cliffside gardening for me...it's a slight slope in which individual smarties are terraced, there might be a 10 ft fall from top to bottom which is approx 4 psi difference which would lead me to believe that non pc emitters like these sprayers would throw a different radius.....

there's the screw top adjustable 360 sprayers but i know those things can blow right off....hmmmm, maybe just a buncha 1gph drips coming off a 1/2 ring with 1/4 on stakes so i can move them around....

G

guest8905

feennom u hit the nail on the head, i like the kiss mehtod when it comes to h20. but thats imo, some like to get all crazy with it, whatever floats ur boat. as long as ur girls get the ammount of water and it is evenly disspursed u should be golden.

nice dep, eat at joes, I am doing my first large scale multi dep project this year as well. i am excited to say te least ;)

hope all are well and doing there thing.

some strains ive been working with just to share,

seeds--

ogksd bx ogksd
ogbb
bbnl
bb x bbnl
chemsour crosses
bbjhnl?
and a bunch more

clones--
bd
headband
ogkush
sd
mr nice
and a few more...some cheese...doem double straw diesel ect.....;)

have fun

T

Trinity Gold

haha no cliffside gardening for me...it's a slight slope in which individual smarties are terraced, there might be a 10 ft fall from top to bottom which is approx 4 psi difference which would lead me to believe that non pc emitters like these sprayers would throw a different radius.....

there's the screw top adjustable 360 sprayers but i know those things can blow right off....hmmmm, maybe just a buncha 1gph drips coming off a 1/2 ring with 1/4 on stakes so i can move them around....

I've ran them at 15 20 and 30 PSI .. The difference isn't really that much. You have to remember you're also losing pressure and flow at every connection etc., so a 4 PSI delta will not really throw any kinks in your plans..get those green 360s and some 180s too and you'll be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.