What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomaad

Veteran
yo ganja d,
is that rumor or fact. ive never actually heard that. and my instructor started out with dan inosanto one year after bruces death and is the same age as dan is and bruce would be. but it doesnt actually suprise me as ive found that many people id never think were tokers, or in this case eaters actually are.
wonderful addition to the conversation.

tom - we'll see you when you return.

home stretch guys good luck all...
j.d.

i studied Arnis de Mano at a school where Dan Inosanto was the grand master. I met him a couple of times, though he was not a regular instructor there... he did not seem like he was high. ;)

jdkronyk101

i studied Arnis de Mano at a school where Dan Inosanto was the grand master. I met him a couple of times, though he was not a regular instructor there... he did not seem like he was high. ;)

yeah maad,
dan is as serious as it comes. a true guru. one of the only people bruce saw as an equal in the arts. he came to their friendship already a master. my teacher did kali/escrima and jeet kun do with him for a stint. my wifes been down there in l.a. to train with him a couple of times as well.you'll find that many a ganja farmer also a true soldier...lol
i also doubt he was high as well...lol
but you never know..lol

Last edited:
D

danimal7

hey guys , I needs a little help.

i have 2 monster Alaskan Ice sativa phenos going outside , and they are looking a little sick
the stalks/stems are very purple and the tops of the main stalks are yellowing/shedding ?
Franco(greenhouse) says AI is a heavy feeder ,but I thought sativas were not so heavy feeders ,
I dont think I have over fed , because I use a 55gal barrel to mix in and i usually half the nutes ,
about 8' wide x 5'tall
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

danimal7

and then there is this one from seed ...maybe an AI ? didnt keep good records of what went were. but just the tippy top of this plant is looking shitty . the rest of the plant looks good?
picture.php

Sideways

The only time my plants have had yellowing at the top first is from over fertilizing. If the foliage starts to get golden/crispy, it is most def over ferts. I would flush with lots of plain water. Just my .02. Good luck!

bodymind

Veteran
i agree with sideways... i just burned several kalimosts outdoors with too much guano and the exact same thing happened. it could be a ph thing too, but seeing how the plant is so big and well established i would doubt that. flush with lots of water. bring a hose out there and flood it. good luck!

D

danimal7

thanks guys , anyone want to comment on the purple stalks? ive heard when you see this you need P.?

Danimal in my experience purple stalks are a P deficiency or possibly a K. Don't know all I do know is when your plants stalks turn purple like that you need to flush out what's in there and start fresh, cause you probably have root lock.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't Try This at Home....

Don't Try This at Home....

Hola Compadres..I have really enjoyed this thread. I am just blown away by what I'm seeing here. What a show you guys are putting on. Many thanks from this avid fan for the entertainment, always my first stop here in the morning.
I have wanted to join my friends here but have been hesitant. Today I'm going to take a chance that you boys won't throw rocks at me and my girl. That's child endangerment throwing rocks at a little girl like mine.
This is Jolly Bud, not a Tom Hill strain. Grown from seed, planted in my greenhouse in early June. The green house has never been covered thus my thinking I can get away with posting in this "outdoors" thread. She was topped early and trained to the ground, I have pruned many many smaller colas along the way..and it is an every day thing keeping these spread out, almost out of control now.
I don't recomend this training as, I think it was, Tom Hill said.."if Mother Nature wanted them to grow that way she would have done it". Still the largest plant I have ever grown. I'm thinking she will put on a good show for my lenses soon, one reason for growing this way, she is flowering now, we had 45 degrees here at 4500 feet this morning that should encourage the flowering to speed up.
She mesures 80" X 68" with the tallest cola at only 30" tall.
The grow thread is here: Jolly Bud
Thanks for your views and post, I'll take my chances on the rocks thrown...DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the entire album of images is here: Jolly Bud Pix

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hey Dan, Over here, we are wondering if You cut out all nitrogen too early? It looks like a deficiency to Us

H

humboldtlocal

Real good job on the tie down Doobie. That is a very advanced technique and you did a very thorough job. Your plants look great. Your love is clearly visible. We will stone you but not with rocks.:)

nomaad

Veteran
Nice one Doobie. Super clean gardening. I'm going to be doing some experimentation with that technique in next year's light dep.

Doobie, looks great, I was tying ours down all summer as well. My biggest is about as big as the one you just put pics as well. It's either LUIxF13 or Sour DieselXNL, I'm not sure because I can't find the tag I originally put out. I'll be out there tomorrow trimming out the insides of all of them and plan on getting some pictures to throw up..

How were you tying your branches down ? In your closeups I can't see where you were anchoring them.. We used cattle panel laid down under them and hundreds of black zip-ties to tie down the branches.. Tried the green stretch tape but every week we'd go back and the tape was broken and the plants were standing back up so that got annoying. Anyway, love seeing that trunk it totally looks like ours when I look inside but it makes me realize how much thinning out I have to do inside as well.. Going to be hours of work out there..

BB

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Ok I counted them

Ok I counted them

Well I took a pad of paper and a pen and walked out to the Orchard.
Heres whats going now.

ChemdogD/SourD
Sour Diesel
Mekong Haze
Purple Camo
LA Conf
SharkBreath
X18
Orange Crush/ SalmonCreek BigBud
SweetTooth
4SD
Deep Chunk/SweetTooth
GDP (from Honeydew)
Humboldt
Columbian Red/Bubba Kush
Ketama Xaogen
O Haz /skunk1
SAD
Kusage
Burmese Kush
OG Kush (from Honeydew)
Your welcome to see any that You like. Most are not large though. Not this year, due to weather.

Dr.Know

Finally starting to flower...
I never imagined with a late (mid-June) planting they would outgrow their 200g smartpots but its starting to look like I should have went with 300g.

Blue Dream

picture.php

Hawaiian Sativa

picture.php

picture.php

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I love your plants Doobie.
I`m sure that like this they will catch many sunlight :artist:
I will be waiting for the flower pics {;

Status