What's new

The growing large plants, outdoors, thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhemp

Yes... like this bust in LA I captured and presented here on IC Mag a few years ago..Nice fan leaf Tom!......DD

7084MalawiHopecops003.JPG

In other news... Two LA policemen were crushed to death when an 1400 pound bud rolled off a flat bed onto them. The "killer weed" was promptly shot to death. LAPD spokesperson Sgt. Studanko had this comment " Whoa, man, that was trippy".... Film at Eleven.:)

Y

Yankee Grower

Here are some excerpts from the Marijuana Horticulture Medical Grower's Bible, that I tied together concerning Magnesium & Calcium after hearing through the grapevine to be careful with your distribution of K-mag (don't over do it)
Yeah global additions of something like K-Mag is not good. I never tried top dressing with it. Been a few years since growing outdoors but indoors would add some K-Mag globally but put a concentrated amount at the bottom of the container and would do the same outdoors at the bottom of the hole. Same goes for high salt stuff like composted steer manure.

Don't see any reason you could not top dress with some rock dust. I used to top dress with greensand occasionally.

I also used to love using high P seabird guano in flower in a spike or top dressing for flavor enhancement mainly. Pretty sure I figured out why it works that way and about their diet compared to bats.

bodymind

Veteran
yep watermelon has deeply lobed leaves. i'd say it's a cucurbita maxima species from the looks of the leaves.... or it could be same giant, vining cannabis. lol.

hogan400

although this is my first outdoor get-down i feel good, just not sure what to expect, our season here has been cloudy and cold. we went out june 2nd in 100 gal smartys. ive learned so much on this thread. i wanted to share a couple pics and say "thank you" for the knowledge. i used a ffof+light warrior mix. ida mixed somethin special, but wanted to keep my first yr simple. some brix mix, calcium25, botanicare veg and bloom, a little earth juice catalyst and cal-mag. alternately spayed spinosad and serenade. shivas are getting the boogie on, my cinx are a little small but looking ok and some blue dreams from the harbor. not nearly as big as some of ya, but in my heart i feel loved and fortunate!

Attachments

• IMG_2211.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2204.jpg
    IMG_2204.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2205.jpg
    IMG_2205.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 17
although this is my first outdoor get-down i feel good, just not sure what to expect, our season here has been cloudy and cold. we went out june 2nd in 100 gal smartys. ive learned so much on this thread. i wanted to share a couple pics and say "thank you" for the knowledge. i used a ffof+light warrior mix. ida mixed somethin special, but wanted to keep my first yr simple. some brix mix, calcium25, botanicare veg and bloom, a little earth juice catalyst and cal-mag. alternately spayed spinosad and serenade. shivas are getting the boogie on, my cinx are a little small but looking ok and some blue dreams from the harbor. not nearly as big as some of ya, but in my heart i feel loved and fortunate!
This is your first outdoor ?
GET OUT!!!

Dude that is a nice first outdoors.:tiphat:
I want some 'blue dreams' for next year:jump:
That is a fine looking frame for your greenhouse.
May I ask what kind it is?

hogan400

yes, my first ever. very happy and super stoked.

greenhouse is ovg.com, 30x64.

because of tom, butte, nomaad, rootwise, hlocals, trinity etc... so much "big knowledge" is to be had, techniques to be witnessed, applied, and learned! thankful and really appreciative for the forums here, even though im nervous about posting. hahaha

yes, my first ever. very happy and super stoked.

greenhouse is ovg.com, 30x64.

because of tom, butte, nomaad, rootwise, hlocals, trinity etc... so much "big knowledge" is to be had, techniques to be witnessed, applied, and learned! thankful and really appreciative for the forums here, even though im nervous about posting. hahaha
You've obviously had some badassed teachers who've taught you well and should be stoked:dance013:

That is a nice size greenhouse with quite a lot of height
Well thank you for posting even if you are nervous.
I hope I didn't scare ya.:nanana:

Kidding:wahey:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Sour Camo

Sour Camo

This one is growing out at Budd dogs spread. We are way behind this year due to the weather. I made the female seeds for Budd dog, from an old California Purple he grows, and a Sour Diesel plant I brought back from Humboldt.

picture.php

has anyone heard of using milk during your watering process for flowering? I was told by more then one that adding milk to your watering will increase the calcium causing the buds to gain more crystals? Or using milk as foliar to kill powder mildew

FarmerBoy

It wont work cause plant cant uptake so big moleculs, however grease and soil isnt good combination.

Calcium are in egg shel and rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts