What's new

THE GROW OFF: CALI HAZE VS MAX GOM VS LA BLANCA

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking good fella, thats one Bigg lady dude, Beast of an Auto & im sure is gonna yield V-well for ya. Have you started on the VitaLM Nutes yet bro? Nice, G'Luck! ;)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Did i show ya me Cab matey,! here she is, 1m2 & flying

LOL, theres me going on about pumps & look at my piece of shit thing, only cost £12 lol, but is 10lpm(45db's), a lot less than im used to but times are hard, im gonna have to stick some cheap ass extra shit in there too for now, maybe another one or two little 3-5lpm pumps, but we'll see. There loving it anyway, moving too fast if anything, those shots were taken 10 days or so ago now, Now its full & canopy height is sitting at 7" atm, but is gonna hit 20+" i think, a bit too high really but i have the head space so i aint that phased. Laters fella! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
very nice plants my friend, the maxi look very nice...
But i have a doubt, the blanca is tall etc...well, but it is really autoflowering stuff? coz i can't see any flower on it and u don't show any pics of her sex....

How the smell of the MAXI?

Take care:tiphat:

hi stitch nice to hear from you i hope you are well :)

in regards to your question about maxis smell,

she just smells of a sweet pineapple that really is it no citrus or mango or skunky dank woody pine smells just 100% pineapple

now about la blanca and her auto activity i can only tell you what i have myself seen and researched myself this far of my grow

the breeders say she will take 3 months to grow and they say that she will take longer to grow indoors (not a problem for me as im not in a rush) after seeing lots of people saying that la blanca hadnt sexed after 3-4 weeks i emailed the breeders to find out what the situation was, they told me that la blanca should sex around the 5th week and it will be another month before she starts to flower, my la blanca shown sex on week 5

heres where it gets interesting, the breeders say she is best grown on 18/6 light cycle im currently growing on 20/4, there was another grower on this forum also growing la blanca on a 14/10 light cycle or something along them lines i cant remember exactly and his plant had sexed within 14 days,

so my conclusion about la blanca are as follows she is best to be grown on 18/6 light cycle or lower the fact that i am growing her on 20/4 is delaying her flowering process or you could say it is slowing it down, the reason for this is because her dark period is not long enough for her flowering hormones to build up and kick in,

as i have already stated she has shown sex which is a good sign and her appetite has increased , she is starting to spread out which is always a sign that flowering is starting to kick in but very slowly, i cant change my light cycle to 18/6 because maxi is thriving on 20/4 and she only has about 3-4 weeks away from her destination, after i have chopped her down i will switch la blanca to 18/6 light cycle and then continue to flower her by this time im hoping she has already started to bud either way la blanca is gona be impressive in the coming weeks

the breeders also state that its not untill the 2nd month when she starts to bud i think she is currently at day 56 which makes her 8 weeks in so im guessing she should start budding in the next 2 weeks, also i could put her in total darkness for 24 hours and trigger her into flowering quicker but fuk that ive come this far im gonna go for maximum yield with her and let her have the whole led panel to herself so she can do her thing

as far as sexing goes i posted some pics a few pages back of her sexing ill post some more up for you in a minute but believe me its really difficult getting in there to take shots hence why i dont bother doing it

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hey scrogerman cheers for dropping in , ive put la blanca on the vitalink max nutes as i ran out off canna veg nutes she seems to have taken to it really well :)

by the way your pics never shown up mate so i cant check out your grow lol but i hope its all going well for ya ;)

stitch here are the pics of la blanca sexed 100 % female

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah, cool man, you'll be happy with that suff im sure bro. interesting plans you have going on there & im sure she'll perform for you, looks like you've done your homework. Nice ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i made a mistake in my previous post the light cycle best for la blanca is 16/8, this is what the breeders recommened her to be grown under and not 18/6 my bad :(

just been admiring maxi (wipes drool off his chin) and her trich production is fantastic, i thought the onyx looked good but this gal has put that to shame, ill get some pics up later on in the week, she is at that stage now where her growth has stalled and she will begin to bloom full throttle and phatten up, i wont be doing any more res changes on her because she is literally to big to move about so im just gonna be topping her res from this point onwards untill flushing time which wont be long now :)

her ec is 1.4 and ph 5.8-6.0 im not completely dialled in on her as i lke a bit of room for manouver and every feeding chart states you should lower the dosage at this point in the grow so 1.4 ec is a safe haven for me

to be continued .......

i love this maxi

i love this maxi

Hi dear friend i'm ok thank u

Wow nice smell so for maxi, i was sure about it!!! hehee

So in fact la blanca is not autoflowering, coz 2 month to start flowering indoor it is not interesting at all!!!
I know that i maid an auto snow ryder for SS 3 years ago and it was hard to do, what i can see is that they could solved the problem that i had in this time, i mean that snow white is hard to automatize, just maid also tests with auto snow ryder of white label realized by chimera and they wasn't auto either!!!

thank care

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Hi dear friend i'm ok thank u

Wow nice smell so for maxi, i was sure about it!!! hehee

So in fact la blanca is not autoflowering, coz 2 month to start flowering indoor it is not interesting at all!!!
I know that i maid an auto snow ryder for SS 3 years ago and it was hard to do, what i can see is that they could solved the problem that i had in this time, i mean that snow white is hard to automatize, just maid also tests with auto snow ryder of white label realized by chimera and they wasn't auto either!!!

thank care

stitch your english is bad at times and its hard to make sense of what you actually mean however i think what your trying to say is la blanca is not a true autoflower in the sense it doesnt matter what light cycle you grow under she will automatically flower

however im only a grower and i know nothing about what the breeders have done to create this strain, all i know so far is what they have told me which is she only contains 30-40 % male ruderalis trait what ever this means and that she can take upto 3 months + to grow indoors

they have stated that she can take upto a month to sex and will not start flowering untill the 2nd month which is roundabout where i am now with her so she could still kick into flowering anytime now, as i have already stated she has started to branch out and is growing upwards quite quickly which is a sign that she has gone into flowering mode but im not 100% certain, the breeders say to grow her on 16/8 light cycle as this will make her flower quicker but what ever happens i will get her to bud and sample her delights

again i have not seen many people growing this strain out fully so i can only go off my own findings on her and if she hasnt started flowering within the next 2 weeks then we can safely say that she isnt a true auto that will sex under any lighting conditions it will have to be 16/8 as stated by her makers

but at least any 1 who is reading this diary for info can get a good idea about these new strains from this seed company and know what to expect if they choose to grow them out

i have faith in the breeders and so far they have been pretty spot on with what they have told me so the next 2 weeks will be the make or break point for la blanca and her auto activity

thanks for dropping in mate its always a pleasure and talking about not sexing i have a female onyx seed who is about 30 days from seed that still hasnt sexed any ideas???

its not a major problem as i would love to grow out an onyx and veg for as long as possible to get the ultimate yield from this strain :)

sorry for my english, maybe i should write u in spannish or french and the u traduce the textes in google??? lol

i just sais that 3 years ago i maid an auto strains using snow white and it took me long hard work to do it, snow ryders from white label is not auto at all and chimera the breeder also used a snow white, but the result is non auto, maybe this seeds company where you bought the blanca had also troubles to make it 100% auto using aswell a snow white strain as me but they maybe could solved the troubles that i solved myself with this strain...?

Is it clear for u my english?

than for the onyx...30 days with out sexing...maybe u putted her in a place with not enough light ( in the shadow of ur huge blanca!) this can sometime show any troubles for sexing or it is not an auto seed!!! this is my answer...
Where did u get the seeds from?
onyx like all my lowryder type strains are sexing in less than 25 days.
can u show pictures of the plant?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
sorry for my english, maybe i should write u in spannish or french and the u traduce the textes in google??? lol

i just sais that 3 years ago i maid an auto strains using snow white and it took me long hard work to do it, snow ryders from white label is not auto at all and chimera the breeder also used a snow white, but the result is non auto, maybe this seeds company where you bought the blanca had also troubles to make it 100% auto using aswell a snow white strain as me but they maybe could solved the troubles that i solved myself with this strain...?

Is it clear for u my english?

than for the onyx...30 days with out sexing...maybe u putted her in a place with not enough light ( in the shadow of ur huge blanca!) this can sometime show any troubles for sexing or it is not an auto seed!!! this is my answer...
Where did u get the seeds from?
onyx like all my lowryder type strains are sexing in less than 25 days.
can u show pictures of the plant?

perfectly understood what you just said ;)

ive emailed the breeders and sent them a link to my grow diary and told them to have a look at my grow and maybe post some comments in regards to her growing style and if she is infact 100% autoflower, with a bit of luck they may well be able to shed some light on the situation, i dont think it matters if a plant takes 15 days or even 2 months to start flowering under a constant light cycle it must surely still be classed as an auto???

i personally believe this is what the breeders have tried to do they have kept their original la blanca strain and tried to get her to autoflower keeping as much of the original qualitys as possible, thats just my opinion if she sexed at week 5 then surely week 10 would be when she starts budding and then maybe 4 weeks to finish off making her a 14 week seed to weed grow indoors, the breeders already stated she would take longer to grow but would produce more and have more thc at least this is the theory im working on, in order to speed up her process i.e to make her sex quicker and flower faster then you need to grow her on a lower light cycle which has already been proven to work by a grower on this forum

but all this is speculation i have no idea as to whats going on with her all i know is she is a massive bush and is gonna yield big time when she finally does her thing wether it be through her own automatic switch or i have to induce her

also different breeders are doing different things with autos some are trying to create new strains using gentics that have benn around for ages like your own and crossing them with already stable autos then you have the true breeders who start from scratch and try and bring something new to the table , then you have breeders who have already stable regualr plants and they try to convert these to autos keeping as much of the originalaty as possible which is what i think these breeders are trying to do.

then there is also the possibility that the strain isnt 100% stable or that the genes have only passed partly onto these offspring but if i was a new breeder trying to get recongnition for new gentics i would of made sure my plants did in actual fact auto under every light schedule and not just 16/8 but i still have a couple of weeks left before i can make any rash descions thats just my opinion though

your bang on about the onyx also as light penetration is really difficult currently in my tent for her and she is suffering because of it, im such a bad grower and she deserves better

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
heres a couple of trich shots courtesy of maxi gom this is before she starts to swell up :)

picture.php

picture.php

well if a plant is taking so much time and than needs like only 18 to 16 hours of light regimen for flowering, i may not call it myself auto, this will may better have the therm of SEMI auto, which is not really interesting in fact for indoor growers, but more interests for outdoor.

You are not a bad growers at all!!! ur doing very well, and to see that u grow with led, u have very good results!

u can be very proud of u, for sure!

just wait a little bit more with onyx and let me kow what happen please.

take care
:wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ok i have just reiceved an email back from the breeders regarding la blanca i dont really understand what this means in terms of photo period ??

if anybody can translate and maybe explain then we may all be able to understand what is happening with these new autos

Hi brother,
Don´t worry for your mails. I really like to be in contact. The problem is that I usually don´t have so much time for do it in places like forums. I will take a look after Viena show (next week) and talk about the seeds. In the meantime, you only have to read the catalog of ****** where I told about the % of autoflowering for each varieties. Just to tell them (if yu want,of course) They show their independence of the photoperiod (as the automatic varieties) but the flowering time is a bit faster than normal feminized varieties.
Anyway, thank you so much my friend for bring me the chance for talk directly with you and your partners at the forum. Hope to take a round in the coming weeks.
Take a ot of care and be safe.
Best regards,
Pato

thankyou

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
stitch dont get me wrong i think you are excellent at what you do as far as plant creations go but lets not be to hasty here, lets step outside the box for a minute and examine some things that are taken place around the internet with la blanca

number 1

people are growing her on different light cycles with different results

20/4 sexed at week 5-6
18/6 sexed at week 4-5
16/8 sexed at week 3-4 or less

now lets look at what the breeders say

after the plant has sexed she will take another month before she starts to flower

so...

20/4 flower week 10
18/6 flower week 8
16/8 flower week 6 or less

also the breeders state she is a fast finisher

20/4 would take 14 weeks to finish from seed
18/6 would take 12 weeks to finish from seed
16/4 would take 10 weeks or less from seed

when you consider super autos take 12 weeks from grain to strain this doesnt sound as bad, lets for a minute think about what these breeders have done with the ruderalis trait, they say they have only used 30-40 % of it so this is gonna make for a longer veg period ??

Cannabis Ruderalis: Auto-Flowering Ability
The most notable characteristic of the Ruderalis strain is its capacity to flower (and therefore reproduce) according to an individual plant's age, independent of the photoperiod in which it is growing.
Since nearly all flowering plants take their cue to reproduce from the climatic factors indicative of season, the ability to begin this process based on changes in the plant rather than in its environment is known as 'auto-flowering'.

A Cannabis Ruderalis will begin flowering when it achieves a certain stage of maturity - normally after about seven weeks of growth, when it reaches its fifth to seventh internode. Once a Ruderalis has begun flowering, it continues to do so until other environmental factors (most notably winter) cause the plant to die. The other varieties may expire naturally once their reproduction has been accomplished, or may return to vegetative growth if given a long photoperiod

most people have given up when they thought there plants were not true autos because we are led to believe that they should sex in less than 30 days

what if these breeders have come up with something totally new with the ruderalis gene like you did with the super autos????

there is nothing i can do right now other than to let la blanca keep growing so if after week 10 nothing has happend then we can all stand up and say what a wank seed producer they are but lets not jump the gun just yet :)

im taking 1 for the team here by putting her on show to see what happens so lets try and be a bit positive about things

as i already stated i will bud her out whatever it takes

have a little patients

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
what if the breeders have managed to switch the process around?

what if they have increased the veg time and in turn decreased the flowering time??

the END

what if the breeders have managed to switch the process around?

what if they have increased the veg time and in turn decreased the flowering time??
That sure would be Cool! I got high hopes either way for La Blanca, She really seems to have expanded the footpath of automatic flowering plants.

Hey AutoBreeder,
I have a question about your genetics...
So I have learned through Skotty and his conversations with you, that Cali Haze was founded on your very own ruderalis variety; Indicalis. Stating there is No lowryder genes. That's radical!
but I was also wondering about your previous strains for SS.... were those all founded by basic lowryder crosses?

for example the strain 'SS', it is made out to be a lowryder type plant, does this mean there is any amount of original lowryder in it's genes, or did you develop it from scratch to become the next basic building block of autoflowering cannabis?

Was the SS the building block for strains such as Onyx, Mi5, HBD, RRF etc?

Maybe some other incite you wouldn't mind sharing...
thanks!

hi

well when i dais just wasting ur time , i said that for the mail answer coz it doesn't mean nothing

In fact i just had an eye on K web site and read the description for this strain....
I'm very surprised cause it seemce like my strains...I mean, it is like a descripcion of a super auto, same time of life, etc... very strange to me!
anyway i'm not really interested in this strain coz i'm not really an indica lover...:blowbubbles:i just love sativas, so that why i focus all my energy on making pure AUTO SATIVAS...:dance013:

to answer u the End, of course not it is not a problem to share some of my knowledge with u, in fact i'm really please to do this, but i have to be very carefull to this and what i can say coz i don't want to be ban!

Well in fact all the first plants that i maid were lowryder crosses, with a high selection of tall individues and big yield...
The goal was to provide to people a new way of cannabis autoflowering, with the different that they won't stay short.
Before working for this bank, i worked also with other very well known one, L...... the one who maid the ak 47 and white russian auto.
Just to be clear, my goal in the job with autoflowering cannabis is to provide different kinds of genetics i mean, like lowryder, kind, super auto (maid with my own selection of rudiralis named Stitch 0.1), non rudiralis autos and Giant autos...

I don't want anymore short small plants with small yield that people are tired about, just big tall autos plants are the future and i'm trying to show the way...:dance013:

we need plants like this...

Attachments

• DSCN0626.jpg
    DSCN0626.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts