What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE GROW OFF: CALI HAZE VS MAX GOM VS LA BLANCA

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
thanks for the input guys but your missing the point, the more growth inside the tent will reduce my yields due to light penertartion im guessing if you grew 1 sour 60 under your 100 watt hps you would of pulled more than what you did due to space issues

im in a situation where la blanca is sitting at 20" and when she kicks into flower i would expect her to double up to 40" tall and also branch outwards ontop of this i have an onyx also which will not be small in the coming weeks, and ive just inspected la blanca and she has now put out her 1st sign of hairs so you can guess what size she is gonna be in the next 7-10 days. fuk me :yoinks:

the breeders state that once she has sexed she will not start flowering for at least another 4 weeks so from now untill the next 4 weeks she is gonna be growing and growing and growing

at least we now know that these new seeds are 100% automatic and im really impressed how they have managed to take the flowering gene and extend it for longer vegative grow, im gonna stick my neck out here and say that she represents the normal strain white widow in every aspect so far, i cant begin to imagine how white she is gonna get :)

as far as bud shots go maxi is at the stage now where her budsites are just coming together , you can see in the above pics her flower tops , ive not counted her bud sites but she has quite a few

ill update with pics of la blanca in the week as im montoring her pistil production and get some shots of maxis bud formation

just for the record maxi is on 1.4 ec and its dropped again her appetite is uncontrollable at the minute she is also drinking around a litre of water a day

Last edited:

Bighill

They are looking really good mate, bushy is an under-statement... If they stay this happy they will yeild some place in the mega category. :D

When i seen your tent, my first thought was, those need a good defoliation. Maybe just get rid of some of the fans to help with light penitration.

Bh.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
They are looking really good mate, bushy is an under-statement... If they stay this happy they will yeild some place in the mega category. :D

When i seen your tent, my first thought was, those need a good defoliation. Maybe just get rid of some of the fans to help with light penitration.

Bh.

good point

maxi has spread out so her budsites are in full show of the light with a little bit of leaf tucking here and there and la blanca hasnt made the transition into flowering mode so she could stretch upwards and expose her budsites she has also undergone some fan leaf tucking procedure.

im a big believer in fan leaves giving the plants energy they act as solar panels and by cutting them off i could be harming my potential yield, id rather bend and tuck the fan leaves and wait for the plant to shed them naturally.

maxi is at the stage now where the transition from veg to flower is now complete her growth has slowed down and she will now concentarte on forming me some smoke :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Good job lad , looks like DWC is THE way to go with Autos ! :tiphat:

dwc is the way to go period :)

ive created a monster, maxi is not gonna dissapoint , the only thing i would say is i wanted the version that has the phatt main cola in the pics that advertises these seeds and ive some how ended up with this amazing bush which is only 5 weeks old ontop of this the smell is insane i think its ths carboload bringing out the ak47 smell truly makes ya mouth water, i havent measured her in a good few days and just broke out the tape measure she is currently standing at 80 cm tall i upped her feed to 1.6ec and its dropped to 1.5 ec in the space of 24 hours , the top of the plant is getting light burn on the tips cause she is nearly touching the light and i cant lift it no higher, im absoultly blown away by what this girl is achieveing so far :)

pics to follow.......

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
uptosumpn NICE!!!!! DWC or AutoPots for ME!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

id stick with one or the other and master how to use it any system can grow big plants once you understand how they work, dwc is my chosen weapon of choice not just for autos but for regualr seeds ive seen some impressive grows over here in the uk with dwc and im not about to change anytime soon

heres a couple of pics of maxi, look at her leaves in the pics pointing up its all most as if she is saying give it to me lol if her smoke is as strong as her smell then im in for a treat

you can see some of her flower tops in the pics still havent got round to counting them all yet

ive decided that im gonna top my onyx ive done it in the past with good results so im gonna do it again this time round and see if we can settle the debate on wether or not topping autos is a good or bad idea plus it will give me an extra week for maxi to finish off while the onyx recovers ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
as previously stated maxi was on 1.6 ec and it had dropped to 1.4 ec so ive now upped her feed to 1.8ec to see if i can get her under control and finally get dialled in on her ;)

ive never had a plant that has took this much feeding before in dwc and from looking around at other autos that have had this much feeding they have produced really well so fingers crossed :)

la blanca has started putting out hairs from more than 1 clayx however its a real slow process and she seems to be taking her time but this is not a bad thing looking at the space im being left with so she can take all the time she wants

baby onyx is gonna get beheaded towards the weekend just gonna let her go for a few more days

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ive just checked in on the ladies and to my amazment maxi has gone from 1.8 ec - 1.7 ec in the space of 6 hours, im now mixing up a feed to increase her again, serioulsy this is crazy im gonna get through a whole bottle of nutes on just this 1 plant at this rate im glad she cant walk to my fridge otherwise there would be fukall food left in my house :wtf:

heres some pics of la blanca finally putting out some hairs

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
they should rename onyx, WASTE-O-SPACE the largest yeild dry so far for me has been 7.3 grams

Sounds like you got some bad phenos mate, I had 2 onyx plants under my 150, one yielded 35-37 grams and the other was around 20...for me it was far from a waste of space...

Skotty will tell ya the same...Better luck next time i hope for you Mr. b!:wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
they should rename onyx, WASTE-O-SPACE the largest yeild dry so far for me has been 7.3 grams

newtons law of physics mate,

Action and reaction are equal and opposite
To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction
id blame all those people who have been getting 3+ ounces from the onyx, for every action there is a reaction ;)

however probability does state that you are likely to get a bumper harvest the more attempts you do so get popping some more onyx seeds :)

your quite welcome to come round my place and share my efforts at harvest time though fella :tree:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
just got an email from la blanca's breeders regarding her performance, i sent them an email about a week ago and reiceved this today

Hi Scott,
how are you? In my own tests, this variety start flowering aroun the 5th week under 400W, with 16/8 hours of photoperiod. I always recomend this photoperiod for grow these new varieties (between 14-16 hours of light) for a correct and faster development. I´ve harvested this variety under 14 and 16 hours and I don´t know any cannabis plant which finish his life under these light hours. You should know that these varieties has only 30-40% rudelaris, wich means independence to photoperiod. The flowering time is given by the male, so it´s normal to harvest these varieties after 3 months from seed, because we have used the feminized polen from La Blanca to make the cross.
Hope you will find this explaination direct and clear.
If you have anything more to ask, here I am.
Thank you so much for all.
Take care and be safe.
Pato

i sent them an email as a concerened father in regards to my little girl showing sex but whilst waiting for a reply she has already done so, as stated above 5 weeks from seed which is roundabout the time she did

im so excited i think a little bit of wee just came out :jump:

Scrogerman

Veteran
LOL Looking Good there Mate!
I cant get over the EC your Auto's are taking on there, its Mad as bro, EC-1.8 is increadibly high for DWC, highest iver ever heard of in DWC. Its my experience that DWC grown plants usually" require a much lower EC compared to other grow styles/systems. Ive grown some plants on EC-0.4/6 for the whole grow. Chiesel (BBuddha) was one example, but for the most part evertything ive grown asked for lower EC's as apposed to NFT, E&F etc. Crazy EC's there mate, very Hungry plants. These Scheese im growing out are Hungry little beggers & on EC 0.8 now & asking for more, Wk4 Veg. Anyway G'Luck with the show man! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
LOL Looking Good there Mate!
I cant get over the EC your Auto's are taking on there, its Mad as bro, EC-1.8 is increadibly high for DWC, highest iver ever heard of in DWC. Its my experience that DWC grown plants usually" require a much lower EC compared to other grow styles/systems. Ive grown some plants on EC-0.4/6 for the whole grow. Chiesel (BBuddha) was one example, but for the most part evertything ive grown asked for lower EC's as apposed to NFT, E&F etc. Crazy EC's there mate, very Hungry plants. These Scheese im growing out are Hungry little beggers & on EC 0.8 now & asking for more, Wk4 Veg. Anyway G'Luck with the show man! ;)

ive took some pics of the plants and ill do 1 with the ec meter in the res so you can check out her mix lol its kerrrazy

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yesterday i posted a pic of maxis ec where she was sitting at 1.8, doing my morning check on the girls and she is now sitting at 1.6 ec seriously and about a l 1/2 ltr of the res has gone

picture.php

im scared, i dont know which direction to take, should i just up her back to 1.8 or push her upto 2.0 and see if she maxs out lol

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 45 from seed

la blanca is 23" tall and feeding on .9 ec and ph 5.8 she is stuning to look at and i would say she represents regular white widow in every respect so far in fact if you was to put both strains side by side you would find it difficult to say which is auto and which is regular ;)

maxi is residing at 96cm just under a meter tall never seen anything like it so far in my growing adventures, her apetite is crazy, ive not pushed her past 1.8 ec because she is going to be introduced to pk on her next res change, she loves the ph of 5.8-6.0 this is her sweet spot ;)

i cant even begin to tell you guys the smells im getting in my tent right now even my baby onyx is starting to hum and all the smells are mixing together ranging from some dank skunk smells through to some fruity goodness its all in there lol cant wait to get la blanca on some carboload and amplify her smell :)

pics to follow.......

Latest posts

Latest posts