What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Groffice

Palindrome

King of Schwag
FlipFlop build

FlipFlop build

Building the FlipFlop

For thouse who might just jumped in, or isn't sure what im talking about.
A flipflop is simply just a electromagnetic relay switch, that diverts power switching between two poles.

Im using this, as the cabinets will only run 12/12.
And the supplyer of the strips, ran out of the drivers incl. in the price of the strip.
Anyway it will alow me to run twice as many strips, as I have drivers.

First I wired up the 12V coils, by mistake I ordered 12V DC and not 220V AC relays (will switch them later).
Why I didn't use black n red wires to indicate 12V DC

When the timer turns on the small 12V "LED driver" all the relays will switch, from A to B position. Once it turns off, the relay will flip back to A position.

Next was wiring the Drivers and LED strips, made a small explanation picture, on the first driver connected to two strips.
Once everything is connected, it will look like a mess and hard for find head's n tails in.

Im only breaking the positive wire, both the neutral wire from the Left and Right side. Is connected to the neutral wire, of the driver running them and tuged behind the relays. As long there where room, it is a lot of wires to fit in a small space and fuck it.
In the end, it will be covered up!

Yes it have taken some time, and it might look more complicated then it really is.
Cost of the relays needed for this was 36$, the 220V relays I have ordered to replace them is a bit more, but not much.

It basicly saves me 3 MeanWell drivers, and I do plan to switch the many indevidual drivers to a MeanWell or another quality brand.
But then I will still only need 3 drivers, to run 6 lights and less relays will be needed.

It have cleaned up really nice, getting the majority of the cables tugged out of the way.
Still not done, wiring the electrics but the FlipFlop is now working.

St. Phatty

In the movie Falcon & the Snowman, based on something embarassing that happened at TRW in the 1970's, the Tim Hutton (?) character is growing pot in his locker at work.

Your set up is much nicer to the plant.

Apple Computer should hire you to install Groffices in their new Headquarters building. :dance013:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Apple you say, hmmmm I think id rather grow weed at the Space X center.
Thinking that's more me, then old tech in fancy overpriced desing packages. :biggrin:

Moved on to the left side light traps

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Another busy day at the groffice

Closed up the light traps, and mounted IR reflector on the back wall.

Hung the last light and got it connected, now the light should be fully working once I program the FlipFlop timer.

Got started on making the drippers this evening, then tomorrow I'll try to get the watering hooked up.
And finaly I need to hook up the exhaust ventilation, then cut the final front pannels and it's about done.

A few more days of work!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Onward!

Installed the 2nd feed pump, connected it to a Flipflop with the right side pump.
One timer will then run the watering 24/7, and the flipflop will make sure only the closet with lights on will be watered.
The hose, is a reinforced suction hose.

Tested the flipflop and everything is working, minus the broken timer.

Almost done with the drippers, stil need to poke the drip holes.
But they have straightend, and the ends have been melted close.

The heatgun is very handy for this, might take a little time but it's well worth it IMO.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Borring work - maybe even more boring then trimming.
Good thing it's a one time only, making the drippers and once done they are done.

Taped them to a table top, downside up and plugged the soldering iron into the wall.

Poked a f**k load of holes, while wearing a respirator mask.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Almost done!

Still need to connect the ventilation, clamp a few hoses and it's almost done.

Got to buy Canopy fans, but im waiting for a budget boost.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Hooked up the ventilation and transplanted today, now I got to get the final outer skinn made.

FlipFlop Running

The timer next to the relay's activate the flipflop,
The first timer, of the tow timers between the fan controll's.
Power the drivers, turning them off for a minute while the FlipFlop switched. Then power's up again for 11 hours and 58 minutes, the last timer run's the two feed pumps.
Feeding the cabinets with lights on, for 5 minutes every second hour.

Gettin closer and closer, to being done with the flower cabinets!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Liftside front skin have been finished, still need a bit of work as I came up short on the OSB plywood.

But it have no impact on the functionality, it's only a cosmetic issue I can fix when I buy wood for the drying closet.

A peak into the cabinet to the right, thats been running a test grow the past 53 days.
Didn't get the clones as tall as I wanted this round, but given it was the first run I can easy accept that.

Buds are looking mint, the smell is extreem and everything is doing fairly well.
Lost 2/3 of 1 small plant out of 96, to bud rot.
So I will have to get on with installing canopy fans, in all the cabinets. As soon the budget is there, i'll buy them.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
This has been awesome to follow, thanks for sharing as that is a job in itself.
Really nice build buddy.:bow::good:

Your welcome, tho I am not done yet.
Still need the drying closet, a new clone section, as well as a new bigger veg closet.

And maybe an office table and a chair, for my long nights in the factory. :smokey:

Nifty_PoT

The effort you have put into this really shows man ,you should be really proud. Cant wait to see how the first runs turn out :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
The effort you have put into this really shows man ,you should be really proud. Cant wait to see how the first runs turn out :)

Thank you, im very pleased with the result so far indeed.
I'll be real proud if im able to get the results, im hoping for after a test or two.

Im looking forward to see what the results, of the first test grow is gonna end up like. It won't be long now, before it's time to chop.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Fixing the massive lightleak, thats going on around the cubboard doors.

Placed a strip of foam, on the inside of the doors.
Figured it would be the most optimal surface, less likely the get wet and fall off.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great work Palindrome nearly chop time I hope your work is rewarded well.:good:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Thanks guys, and yeah the chop is coming up soon.

Should have pre installed the canopy fans, but budget and all that kinda prevented it.
The air circulation is not good enough, just with the exhaust alone.
Not when the weather is acting up, just had lot's of rain and 70-75% humidity.

Resulted in a bit of light fluffy mold, not bad and nothing rotten, but still had to chop a few tops to save them. A joint worth lost, so no biggie.
And try to stop the infection from spreading, stuffed a table fan into the middle cab and got the dehum running in the lung room.

No new mold, but still 11 days to go!
And happy it's not WPM!

Latest posts

Latest posts