What's new

The Great Outdoors

blowingupjake

Howdy all,

I spent a few hours up in the High Rockies today and thought I would share a few photos:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It was a Balmy 21*f while I was up (10,000+ Ft) in the hills.
Not the brightest day, but the mountains look beautiful hiding among the clouds.

Who else went outside today?

Show us what ya got!

Hazed,
Jake

rod58

blowingupjake ,thats incredibly beautiful and seriously cold !
australian bush , xanthorroea or common black boy ..and bottom is the australian south coast
picture.php
picture.php

blowingupjake

blowingupjake ,thats incredibly beautiful and seriously cold !
australian bush , xanthorroea or common black boy ..and bottom is the australian south coast View Image View Image

Howdy rod58!

That Xanthorroea looks like a formidable piece of Bush!
The South Coast shot is gorgeous! Certainly gives you good reason to get outdoors.
I'll come visit that Southern Coast before I die, mate.
Nice shots!

Stay hazed
Jake

rod58

hey jake , down to the beach over the weekend , southcoast of western australia ..arguably the prettiest coast in the world , possibly the universe ! lol.
picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Howdy all,

I spent a few hours up in the High Rockies today and thought I would share a few photos:

View Image

View Image

View Image

It was a Balmy 21*f while I was up (10,000+ Ft) in the hills.
Not the brightest day, but the mountains look beautiful hiding among the clouds.

Who else went outside today?

Show us what ya got!

Hazed,
Jake

Is it creepy that I know exactly where you are standing for each one of these pictures? :laughing:

I lived up there for 3 years and still get up there to go shredding but nothing beats driving 10 minutes to the mountain. :yes:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it creepy that I know exactly where you are standing for each one of these pictures? :laughing:

I lived up there for 3 years and still get up there to go shredding but nothing beats driving 10 minutes to the mountain. :yes:

the creepiest thing here is that avatar of yours.......

Rod, I have been trying to work out where you live for a while from what you post.

By the blue of the water you are down the south coast of WA.

And the blackboys are found along the coast south and a bit north, like a few hundred k's.

I will guess Albany, but don't think they have any islands off the coast like in your pic, so would say further around the bottom a bit.

I think you may live where my cousin lives. Maybe you have fucked her. Good luck if you did.

I saw a program on television, LEO busting grows. Well it was one or two plants growing in short scrubby terrain like in one of your pics above.

It was down that way somewhere, maybe Margaret River.

Lowered a guy on a cable from the helicopter, to pull up one or two 3 foot plants.

At $3000 per hour for helicoper fuel, yeah, good return on the taxpayers dollar.

West Australia - the Neo Nazi state.

Ha ha - and the car numberblates used to read, WA - the state of exitement. Ha ha.

They charged me for 5 immature seeds I had in my pocket which I had forgotten were there.

And then they stole $5 out of my wallet.

Well I'm sure they would have stolen more, but that was all that was in there.

You can keep Western Australia, I'm not going back till they elect a Greens govt, which wont happen as the people there are too square.

And to you people who think that ocean looks nice and inviting; don't even think about it.
It is the breeding grounds for the great white shark down there.

My uncle used to be a fisherman down there, and he said some were bigger than the boat.

Last edited:

rod58

hahaha , thats as funny as silentfeet ..close but no cigar ..
blackboys grow anywhere there is sand , even 200km inland .
as for your cousin , well she certainly was memorable ! spoke with an accent , haha , only for a while ..
its funny though how we get a mental image of something from just a few narratives or tv events .. WA is a very dry - arid state but we do have our 'pearls' , our oasis's like any place , and i can assure you that 3ft plants are not the norm ..lol
i went to Victoria once and thought it was an absolute shit hole ..just an opinion .doesn't mean it is .
and yeah , with our liberal gov it is a bit , as you put it ,neo nazi . as is our great whites , they'll fuck you over too .
still though , we soldier on and there is a lot happens here if your in the loop , so to speak ..as long as your not too square ! haha .keep safe silentfeet ..

rod58

now maybe this pic is not what we mean by the great outdoors but thought ya's may be interested ,,the " SUPER PIT " as its known is located in the oz goldfields and is 3.5km long , 1.5km wide and almost 600 metres deep..
picture.php

rod58

jake , it's a goldmine , i think one of the richest in the world , to date 58 million ounces have been extracted from it and has a life now of about 12 years . with that also nickel , copper and a few other minerals are extracted . most of that life though will be from the waste heap . because of new extraction methods they can now process all the waste ..if you look closely you can see some shafts from 1890 that were dug by hand and have been intersected in the making of the pit . owned mostly by the canadians , Newmont Mining , since about 2000 it has provided work and wealth to a lot of people ..
what you can't see in the pic is the city of Kalgoolie-Boulder which is only separated by just a road on the left . blasting is done , i think , twice a week and shakes the whole city .. the mine known as the golden mile also supports a smelter as does many more open cut and underground operations in the area .. whatever though , until you sit at the observation deck which overhangs the pit you can't really get a good idea of the size of it !

Floridian

Veteran
I moved to Tampa from Colorado Springs in 1993 and had a beautiful view of Pikes Peak from my living room sliding glass door while I was there.I was a mile away from Garden of the Gods on N. Academy Blvd.I do miss the little gambling town of Cripple Creek way up in the mountains and their buffalo burgers.The Band wrote a song about that place in the 70s or late 60s.I don't miss the cold and the snow or the 6 weeks of summer though.Now I have 6 weeks of winter which is much more suitable to me.Cool state though I knew liberal MJ laws would happen there eventually, it was a very liberal state

rod58

that makes me cold just looking at the picture. but i could handle it for the fishing...:woohoo:
yep , i got to say old hippy that the fishing was epic , red snapper by the dozens and some serious man sized kingies !
ya gotta love the colder waters .:biggrin: