What's new

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
keepin an eye on your lucky dip loudog... i got some of those freebies too, could be anything. yours looks to have a strong indica influence.

Dimebagg

Oct.26

I didnt get a pic of my solo cup alone, but here she (hopefully) is, in with the rest of the cab. 22 days from seed

picture.php

GP73LPC

Veteran
u don't have to veg for 4 weeks and flower for 12. you can veg and/or flower for as long as you want.

on roughly jan 25 judging will occur.

if you grow a strain that is ready in 50 days and you only flowered for 12, then you pics at 62 days will be what is judged. some people will be smoking theirs before the contest is over...

does this make sense?

this is the way i understand the rules?

anyone else?

v?

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also....

120 divided by 7 = 17.14 weeks

not 16 weeks? so which is it? it appears as jan 25th is the deadline?

GP73LPC

Veteran
the contest was for 120 days.

120 days from sept 25 is jan 22, that's all i know.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
where are you guys getting this from? its right in the first post of this thread
Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.
120 days minus 4 weeks aka 28 days = 92 days or roughly 3 months. 4 weeks veg+12weeks flower = 4 months or roughly 120 some odd days.

the judging is to take place at the end of the 120 days. 120 days was chosen to allow those who grow slow sativas a chance to finish. if you finish earlier, take pics and wait for the voting. you dont have to use the entire 120 days.

WelderDan

Veteran
Late again, too many family members around lately

These are the best of the bunch, going into flower in the next few days

G13/BSH, Killer Queen, Killer Queen, G13/BSH, LUI/Blue Moonshine

The nicest G13/BSH & Killer Queen

G

greenmatter

went through the beans and found some freebees that should finish before the end of the game. the super smart organic mix that i used on the first set of cups was pretty much a super failure so i went with coco this time ..... never grown in it but ya gotta start somewhere

red= warlock

orange= blueberry gum

green= romulan

John Deere

Veteran
Whoa. Some nice plants around here, especially Garuda!

I lost my first round when I was called out of town for an extended time. I started more but not much to post pictures of yet--2 seedlings and 2 that haven't broken ground yet. Oh well. I'll grow and post pics as they develop. No biggie if I'm not according to the official cutoff date. I'll just smoke up my own reward!

Garuda

Veteran
Tnx mates :) The secret is: Doing nothing :D I handled them just like the regular ones in 1.2l-treepots. They germed in BB Lightmix and that was it for veg, no nutes, just root stimulants. Now they get the same food as every other plant in my flowering area, which is at first too much as you can see by the burned leaf tips. Soon they will be getting used to it and live happily till I switch them back to plain water in the end :)
Maybe the blumats do a part of the trick...

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Hope you all will still let me continue as I missed last weeks Post. I had a friend die at my place and it cause a lot of turmoil - and my only camera was packed up with his stuff and taken away.So i just got it back yesterday. During that time i did have a bit of a problem, the shelf i made for these girl broke and found them all on the ground and in bad shape. But as you will see they have pulled through. Except for the romulan - doesn't look happy. I think the nute Reg im feeding the others is to strong for her.

Hammerheads

Strawberrry Coughs

Romulan

UKCheeseWreak (Fem)

Voidling

Sorry to hear that headband. Just list a dear friend this week. My condolences.

I'm not part of the challenge but just put my seedlings into beercups and using general organics in coco. Seems to be staying too wet. I hope y'all put up some great results and I can pick up some good tips in this thread.

Good luck everyone

the person with the right skills who also plucks his girl out of the cup n completely trims the roots from the top to the bottom on the ouside 8th n inch of medium and then packs fresh soil in to fill that void in veg will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts