What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Grateful Dead thread...

SirSteely

Deadhead here. Was lucky enough to see them 5 times, but only from 88'~92'. Like a little bit of every era of dead, but I agree the 90s were depressing.

http://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

But here...^^^^^ Grate full length shows covering all eras.

~jam a little dead to those plants,they play it right back to your brain when u smoke.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ETREE mobile app for iphone is the best thing to ever happen to mobile technology. I used to need an entire bookcase for my XL-IIs, now the entire collection fits in my pocket.

Android has a new one called Deadcast. Gonna install it on wifes phone later and check it out.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Rolling Stone description of the Dead 1969

""As weird as anything you can imagine, like some horror comic monster who, besides being green and slimy, happens also to have seven different heads, a 190 IQ, countless decibels of liquid fire noise communication, and is coming right down to where you are to gobble you up. But if you can dig the monster, bammo, he's giant puppy to play with."

- Rolling Stone, 1969

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Saw them in 1974. I was high on some good blotter. They mostly played "Workingman's Dead" and "American Beauty" stuff I think..
At the end of a 4 hour show, Jerry came back out and said the band had so much fun that night, and they had nothing to do the next day.. He said if we wanted, they would play again the next night for $1 per ticket to cover the cost of the arena...I went back the next night, just tokin' and really enjoyed the show..

Last edited:

MrKeebler

Recent Dead Head, they're all I listened to for a couple months straight! China Cat Sunflower, Black Throated Wind, One More Saturday Night, Dire Wolf, they're fantastic!

Saw them in 1974. I was high on some good blotter. They mostly played "Workingman's Dead" and "American Beauty" stuff I think..
At the end of a 4 hour show, Gerry came back out and said the band had so much fun that night, and they had nothing to do the next day.. He said if we wanted, they would play again the next night for $1 per ticket to cover the cost of the arena...I went back the next night, just tokin' and really enjoyed the show..

Wow man, awesome story.

Too bad nothing as cool as this will ever happen again.. Got damn corporations and music industry bullshit.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
This is sounding reeaaal good.

DavesPicksVolume9.jpg

showthread.php

lr3

i love the 1970 harper college accoustic set. the '77 cornell shows are another favorite for me as well the capitol theater shows from 71 that surfaced in the early 1990's. '77-'78 had some great st. stephen's. i had a couple hundred dead shows on DAT back in the day--with lots of soundboard->reel to reel->DAT. nothing like a grateful dead show. first show was buckeye lake 1991, caught about 30 shows in Jerry's last 4 years. my last one was in Vermont on 6/15/95, did the entire boston garden run in '94. i knew going into each show that he was living on borrowed time, so never took a show for granted.

lr3

harpur college, that should be... had it on tape before dicks picks chose it for a disc release making it available to the masses.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey everyone,

The grateful are one of my all time favs
Although I've only known about them about the last 10 years or so I like to class myself as a uk dead head !

Thanks
GA

lr3

Hey everyone,

The grateful are one of my all time favs
Although I've only known about them about the last 10 years or so I like to class myself as a uk dead head !

Thanks
GA

thought hawkwind was the UK equivalent, though the music is much different (metalesque psychedelia versus folk/improvisational).