What's new

The Grand Frankincense + Chem Double D Wreck Grow Log (GLOG)

woolybear

Veteran
Happy to be running CSG genetics again. Thanks to OJD for donating the GF pack for testing.

Running two varieties this time:

Dankincense Regular seed project // This project uses my strain Dankincense ( Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba African x Original Diesel) selecting for a heavy NH23 x Kariba African Male from Nevil's Grail project RIP 🙏. The NH23 x Kariba strain produces insane Incense/Frankincense Terps/phenos and an amazing 3rd Eye High , opening your eyes up to the Amazing Terps/Highs that a special Haze can deliver.

The Grand Frankincense x4
= Grandaddy Purple Haze ( insane Purple Frankincense pheno) X Dankincense Male
African Frankincense vs Dutch Frankincense = Frankincense Heaven ( limited x don't sleep on this 1) 10-12 weeks

Chem d Wrecker Feminized project // Chem d clone only x Original Diesel clone only Reversed
Chem double d Wrecker x1 = Chem d clone x Chem d Wrecker 1 clone Reversed

full

The GF are numbered in order of popping. The CD-DW is quite tall at over two inches.

I ordered a new LED light for this grow! Will divulge details when it arrives.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy to be running CSG genetics again. Thanks to OJD for donating the GF pack for testing.

Running two varieties this time:

Dankincense Regular seed project
// This project uses my strain Dankincense ( Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba African x Original Diesel) selecting for a heavy NH23 x Kariba African Male from Nevil's Grail project RIP 🙏. The NH23 x Kariba strain produces insane Incense/Frankincense Terps/phenos and an amazing 3rd Eye High , opening your eyes up to the Amazing Terps/Highs that a special Haze can deliver.

The Grand Frankincense x4
= Grandaddy Purple Haze ( insane Purpe Frankincense pheno) X Dankincense Male
African Frankincense vs Dutch Frankincense = Frankincense Heaven ( limited x don't sleep on this 1)
10-12 weeks

Chem d Wrecker Feminized project // Chem d clone only x Original Diesel clone only Reversed
Chem double d Wrecker x1 = Chem d clone x Chem d Wrecker 1 clone Reversed

full

The GF are numbered in order of popping. The CD-DW is quite tall at over two inches.

I ordered a new LED light for this grow! Will divulge details when it arrives.
Nice bro , Dankincense and The Grand Frankincense are extremely Spicy Incense Haze and will blow any Frankincense Haze chaser away.

Chem Double d Wrecker has some insane Skunky Chem/Diesel phenos that will be very loud potent and tasty.

Look forward to a great show

woolybear

Veteran
My new light came in, it looks to be very high quality. Pretty stoked.

Seedlings are in the gangly phase, at about 2-4" each. I moved them to the 2x4 tent with my old LEDs; plan is to run my new light in the 3x3. I need to partially break down the tent, will do that on the morrow.

What's the led light for this grow? I got this: ViparSpectra KS3000 320W

1696489486078.png

This light showed up on Amazon when searching for LM301H. I watched a couple youtube reviews, and this site cocoforcannabis.com rates it as a top light in its class. So I bought it!

$290 total after 3% discount from the youtube. When you buy direct they collect no tax, if you purchase via Amazon you do. Dunno how that works but cool with me.

Solid construction, really nicely packed. Comes with all the hardware, some stickers and instructions.

woolybear

Veteran
11 days since first picture post

Seedlings are now under my LEDs. I have them set at 100% power but 3' or so above the plants. They have stopped stretching it looks like.

plants.jpg

They are in coco, feeding coco canna nutes. Applied Monterey BT to protect against fungus gnats.

Here's the LED unboxed:

light.jpg

I don't know if the new LED is that much brighter than the ones I made per se, but it definitely has much wider and even coverage, and better spectrum with the red LEDs tossed in.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
I lowered the LED lights a couple of feet and WOW they are much more intense, even at 50% power.

When I googled The Grand Frankincense Connoisseur Genetics this thread was the top result, lol. I guess I'll be blazing the trail of GF GLOGs!

This sounds like an awesome project! I would love to test some when you get to that point. Sounds totally awesome!

Edit: misread your first post, thought the dankinsense was your creation. YOU are testing these.... definitely going to keep my eye on this! Good luck!

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
17 days since first picture post

PXL_20231017_150431170.jpg

(clock wise from left: #1, #2, #4, Chem double d Wrecker, #3)

Transferred to 8oz cups. Good healthy white roots, with #2 having the best. Also bumped up the lighting to 75%.

Got fungus gnats back, b/c I didn't properly dispose of a harvested plant. Put my anti-FG plan into place:

- Treatment with Monterey BT
- Sticky traps, water bowls to drown them. Trapped 5 so far
- "Rake" the top of the medium with a toothpick to draw out the adults and harm the others
- Feed from below/side to keep top of medium dry
- Turned fan to high as they are weak fliers

Their stems have definitely strengthened under the fan.

This whole "3rd eye high" thing is something I've never experienced. Hopefully in about 3-4 months we'll be hitting 3rd-eye-town

woolybear

Veteran
Good healthy white roots. #2 had the most roots. Also bumped up the lighting to 75%.

However, the plants didn't like the light bump (especially #4). Transferred to 9oz party cups.

#1,3,4 have had overnight root explosions. #2 had 3-4 roots show up. CDDW not so much. All plants looking good

Their stalks have strengthened noticably. The CDDW is about 6.5" tall, with 5" of that stem. Looks like a squatty type. The rest are 5.5-6" tall.

PXL_20231021_031552922.jpg

Maria Sanchez

They're looking good for 17 days!

I hate fungus gnats, too. I also used those yellow sticky traps, but it never seems to totally get rid of them, as enough survive to breed and lay eggs. I tried using what they call "mosquito bits". I put some in water to get the active element in the water that I feed to the plants. It kind of inoculates the whole growing medium. And you can even spread some of the bit into the medium itself (when you mix it). Works quite well.

Just a thought: While they look like they're loving the newer pots, if those pots are clear the roots will get light (direct or indirect), which isn't the best for them. Roots don't like light, and if there's any moisture you may get some kind of algae or other molds with the water+light working there. Though clear pots are good for observation.

woolybear

Veteran
27 days since first picture post

plants2.jpg

A week ago I dialed the light down to 25% and the plants have responded well. They did not like 75% at all. All have healthy roots now.

I start them in 9oz clear cups, then 16oz, then final transplant into cloth or plastic pots.

Now, I sow the seeds direct in coco in 4 oz take-out solo cups (previously filled with ketchup), with a notch cut out near the bottom 'hempy style' for water release.

I'm pretty sure the skeeter dunks use the same main ingredient as Monterey BT, Bacillus Thuringiensis. A 16oz bottle has lasted me a couple of years.

Plants are ready for the next step, xplant into 16oz cups. Thanks for watching

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
33 days since first picture post

day33a.jpg

Happy plants! Need to be topped soon. I like to wait until the roots tap the bottom of the cup. They are very close.

I raised the lights a couple of inches. According to the owners manual, they should be at 50% at 26.5" away from the canopy. I've been exposing them to 50% light at an hour at a time to acclimate them.

Will they outgrow the tent? If they lean towards an open sativa canopy, maybe not. But if I ended up with 3-4 females, and the CDDW is female, we're gonna have to rearrange things. I have a 2x4 tent that is flowering some clones right now.

Wonder how long it will take to get to 100% on the LEDs?

Side view:

day33side.jpg

woolybear

Veteran
Plants have taken the transplant well, root explosions all around.

The CDDW has noticeably increased in size, matching the other plants. I also notice increased growth on the side branches overall.

All plants will be topped this weekend, with a nice fresh razor blade. Once they show a few roots circling the bottom of the cups, they'll have their final transplant into 1 gallon fabric pots.

They are being fed canna coco nutes with cal mag added. I think its around 700ppms before the calmag is added.

My standard routine is to feed 100% strength nutes, say 750-1000ppm, then 75%, 50% or lower, then plain water. This was taught to me by the infamous med-man. As in, I read his posts a long time in the way-way ago. I wonder if his threads are still on icmag?

Have a good weekend and thanks for watching

woolybear

Veteran
Another text update!

Transplanted plants into 1-gallon fabric pots. The CDDW got a two gallon as she's feminized.

Good news/bad news. It looks like #1,3,4 are male. Bad, b/c males, but good in that I won't be dealing with five plants in the tent.

Let's hope #2 pops pistils soon. When that happens, I'll also transplant her into a two gallon, for massive yields!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shame about the Male ratio on the Grand Frankincense, but hopefully the last seed is Female and I'm very confident just from the 1 seed it will be very special .

The Granddaddy Haze Female I used in this Grand Frankincense was extremely special from the very small batch I made around 15 years ago with the rare Frankincense pheno from the first ever relase from Rez SSSDH.
Intense Frankincense smell/taste but still some Purple look , and extremely potent on Sativa High and a Resin machine.

woolybear

Veteran
45 days since first picture post

This post will focus on GF #2 and the fem Chem d Wrecker.

gf21.png

GF #2 has a lovely structure after being topped.

gf22.png

The rest of the GF's are still in the tent. #3 is 99% a male, while #1 and #4 aren't showing me lady vibes yet.

The CDW has a nice fat pistil, but is indeed a slow growing plant.

cd1.png

cd2.png

Hopefully the Chem double d Wrecker takes off soon! Thanks for hanging out.

woolybear

Veteran
Good news! GF #2 is a female! The GLOG is saved.

Trimmed some bottom stems for cuts and will move her to a two gallon... though I'm not sure if that's necessary, as she looks to be a HUGE plant. I'll probably fill it 2/3rds way full.

Thinking about unpacking my extra tent and giving each girl their own. Not sure where I'd put that other tent though.

Again, if I had more females, it'd be a crowded situation! Loving the structure on the plant.

The CDW has taken off since last time. Soon I'll begin low-stress training for both, by tying down both main stems, called mainlining I think. It doesn't have as many nodes five versus six for the GF, so less to choose from for cuts.

GF #2 is 26" and has another 30" of clearance to grow. Should I put her into flower ASAP? I tend to over-veg and she's pretty big as it stands.

woolybear

Veteran
MASSIVE NEWS UPDATE

It's black friday season in the states.

I have a new 2x4' tent in box I'm not using. Just bought an Inline Duct Fan Kit with Carbon Filter, Thermometer, and Ducting from icmag sponsor @VIVOSUN, and bought a 250 watt Viparspectra light. under $300 for all that, not bad.

YES, each plant will get their own tent! GF #2 is going to be massive, cramming them in one tent won't do them justice. Also, this will let me be able to give the CDW more veg time.

This will also give me more room to pop more seeds!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
45 days since first picture post

This post will focus on GF #2 and the fem Chem d Wrecker.

View attachment 18918633
GF #2 has a lovely structure after being topped.

View attachment 18918634

The rest of the GF's are still in the tent. #3 is 99% a male, while #1 and #4 aren't showing me lady vibes yet.

The CDW has a nice fat pistil, but is indeed a slow growing plant.

View attachment 18918635

View attachment 18918636

Hopefully the Chem double d Wrecker takes off soon! Thanks for hanging out.
Nice update bro , really showing the lineage in looks now than when small seedlings.

woolybear

Veteran
55 days since first picture post

Tied town top shoots, topped four biggest nodes on each plant.

The Grand Frankincense. I'm putting her into flower as soon as I can get the new tent put up, in the next couple of days. She's big!

30" tall. Only two stems were mainlined (tied down), the other two are growing fast to match.

gf1.jpg

gf2.jpg

gf3.jpg

Chem double d Wrecker can use some more time to cook. As you can see she's loving the led lights. In ten days we've had a nice amount of growth. Haven't taken any cuts off her yet, not as many nodes to choose from in comparison to the GF.

I want to maximize the yield from this plant. She's not going heavy into preflower yet.

28" tall, non-tied down stem

cddw1.jpg

cddw2.jpg

cddw3.jpg

Attachments

• cddw2.jpg
    cddw2.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 72