The Goji Hunt

FlaCaEnt

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FlaCaEnt

All looking super healthy. Can't wait to see what pheno's you've got, exciting times!

thanks supa, and yes definitely exciting times as a few more preflowers were coming through today. #2 is looking like a girl , #9 is a little early but might be showing pistils as well. They are definitely loving the transplant and are all very thick stemmed hardy plants so far.

Also I Have a few questions about males and pollen storage, I know I once found a very decently informative thread on here discussing the topic but i haven't been able to locate in since then. If anyone has any bookmarks or suggestions on where to look for some quality info, bring it on. Thanks for checkin in

toppin

Veteran
Also I Have a few questions about males and pollen storage, I know I once found a very decently informative thread on here discussing the topic but i haven't been able to locate in since then. If anyone has any bookmarks or suggestions on where to look for some quality info, bring it on. Thanks for checkin in

Put pollen storage into the thread title search at the top of the page and it brings up 5 or so threads on storage.

Danksmith

Veteran
Lookin good fellas:)

Bodhi has some of the most consistently dank genetics from my experience.... And w 44 you'll pull some nice flavors! Hope u find a butter berry type

Pullin up a chair;)

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
This is going to be awesome :lurk:

Everyday that passes that I'm not running Bodhi's gear, I am kicking myself in the ass.

5 packs currently in transit. Oh, the anticipation.

Can't wait to see this selection!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
If you're going to make F2's select multiple males and females to do it. I'd just do open pollination personally, but that's not practical for everyone. Taking 2 plants to make the F2's will result in you losing some of the genetics from the line.

FlaCaEnt

If you're going to make F2's select multiple males and females to do it. I'd just do open pollination personally, but that's not practical for everyone. Taking 2 plants to make the F2's will result in you losing some of the genetics from the line.

We will probably be saving pollen from 2/3 males and taking cuts from the best 2 to keep around long term. We have 22 more beans to pop once we run through these and will repeat the same process. Keep the keeper phenos of the females and then save pollen from 2/3 and cuts again of the best 2. All 4 males w/ probably be around until a flowering is done of the f2 and we can see the results, then we will probably consolidate it down to 1 maybe 2 males and get rid of whatever extra pollen that didn't get worked w/.

as for an open pollination i too think it to be favorable but under the circumstances its just not practical right now as u said.

I have read a lot on tips for selecting males but it seems the consensus is to watch the progeny grow out in order to find out which one you really want to have around.

FlaCaEnt

also an update on the sex
Confirmed Males: #1 #4 #9 #10 #12 #14 #15 #16
Confirmed Females: #2 #3 #5 #7 #8 #11#19 #22

MR_Falcon

Veteran
good luck, I really like all the individual pics. this could be really helpful for all. thanks for your effort.:tiphat:

FlaCaEnt

These images were take after an RO watering and Heavy 16 Foliar feed (75ml/gal)

Top View of the Goji canopy
picture.php

Side view of the Goji Canopy
picture.php

Goji Female
picture.php

Goji Male
picture.php

This image is of some purple stem occurrence that we have been seeing in the Garden. Any input on this, is it an issue ? The plants seem to be perfectly healthy we are thinking it could be a strain characteristic.
picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Boy, I saw you were in Air pots and assumed they were the .8 gal ones I like to use to look @ #'s.
When I went back and read you transplanted into 3 gal. pots, I about shit myself! :yoinks:
Not going to be able to see the forest from the TREE'S! :D

Happy hunting!

SupaFunk

Veteran
I honestly don't think the purpling is anything to worry about, I'm pretty sure it's a trait of the strain.

They're looking super healthy. Oh man, just wait til you see the root mass in that size air pot. You'll wonder where your medium has disappeared to, pure white mass!!

30years

hi,
not sure where you are from but you can take vegetative samples and have them analyzed to determine potency. i use it on males a lot. i choose what males i like based off of morphology, vigor and odor. if you keep the germ date and then the date you cut the sample you can get a very accurate predicative test. speeds up your selection process.
best,
30y

RulaTone

Veteran
Hey i love your style FlaCaEnt!
you work really clean without forgettin details...so nice..

Those T5s are just awesome, but i think is time for HIDs now, dont you think the same?

I see healty plants there and i've seen other goji purple on the stems so i think its just ok but maybe just a little cold in the room?

Best luck with your selection i feel lucky to be a spectator here, your project is moving really well

---

Interesting things 30years, a bit more explanation?

Latest posts

Latest posts