What's new

The future of MMJ in New Jersey

Watch an interesting video report about New Jersey, and the implementation of its medical cannabis law.

This January, New Jersey became the 14th state to pass a medical marijuana law, allowing the use of cannabis to treat certain medical conditions.

The Legislature set July as the deadline to launch the program, but Gov. Chris Christie has asked for a six to 12 month delay to plan for the growth and distribution of marijuana.

With so little information about how New Jersey’s program will work, The Star-Ledger visited two states with very different cannabis laws -- New Mexico, which the New Jersey Legislature looks to as a model of a responsible medical marijuana program, and Colorado, which has lax laws and is seen by some as a state that has lost control.

To watch the entire video report click here.

Last edited by a moderator:

igrowone

Veteran
i have been following the NJ experience with an hopeful outlook
that is NY, presuming that MMJ will happen in NY, will take a lesson from NJ
and the dispensary only system of MMJ will be shit canned before it takes hold

Vermonster

I am worried NY will be seriously delayed as it seems to be the last straw, NYC goes it will game over.

This was great, Thank you.

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its really sad that new jersey patients cant cultivate for themselves.....that needs to be amended asap :(

Nunya Biz

Sucks for NJ MMJ patients.

I'd take the wager that Alabama would legalize MMJ before New York, Born and raised in NY and NYC is a joke, it is filled with fear culture sheeple and Albany is a banana republic.

igrowone

Veteran
I'd take the wager that Alabama would legalize MMJ before New York, Born and raised in NY and NYC is a joke, it is filled with fear culture sheeple and Albany is a banana republic.

it will probably be nip and tuck on that one, certainly doesn't look like any NY action until the new governor is elected
or Paterson signs it on the way out, that is my hope anyways
controversial legislation often gets slipped in with a lame duck administration
for once, i'd like to see some legislation slipped in that actually benefits us

it will probably be nip and tuck on that one, certainly doesn't look like any NY action until the new governor is elected
or Paterson signs it on the way out, that is my hope anyways
controversial legislation often gets slipped in with a lame duck administration
for once, i'd like to see some legislation slipped in that actually benefits us
I sent this article to my supplier

San Jose City Council Discusses Pot Dispensary Regulation

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose made a move toward implementing a new ordinance regulating medical marijuana Monday, as city officials held a public meeting to gather input.

Eleven months ago, there was one known medical marijuana dispensary in San Jose. Now the city estimated there were more than 60 dispensaries in operation.

On Monday, 200 people showed up at City Hall to comment on a proposed medical marijuana ordinance to regulate pot clubs in the Bay Area's largest city.
"I don't think the number of collectives limited to ten is a very good idea," said Sacha Nemcov of the Amsterdam's Garden Cannabis Club. "I think it should be determined by the market if there is a demand for it."