What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The "FRESH" spot

Mister_D

Veteran
Purely an educated guess here joe, but I'd say 6-8ml per gal. on the 29%. Everything I listed above was used in soil (promix, castings, coco blend). I tried higher amounts than listed above (up to 10ml per gal.) with the 35% with no ill effects, but that wasn't for more than a watering or three. It's pretty hard to overdose on the stuff within reason. I would give everything 6ml and maybe try 10ml on one plant to see if the effect is better/faster. I was battling the same poor drainage problem when I started using peroxide, so I can personally atest to it working very well. Though getting your watering frequency/amount back in proper range has to happen also. Since you water everyday anyway I suggest dropping the 7 gal pots for 3 gal pots (5 horticultural gal). I grow 6-8 foot trees, vegged for 2+months and flowered for 12-13 weeks in 3 gals. No problems being root bound. This also has the advantage of quicker wet dry cycles (ie more air to the roots for great growth). The other advantage being roots fill the pot completely so no hot spots of ferts or constantly wet areas where root rot can start are created. Just some food for thought there. Also use all the feed water with peroxide right after it's made for max effectiveness. It takes about 2-3 days for the peroxide to oxidize out of the water, but the longer you wait the less is getting to your roots. Kick ass grows by the way. Now if somebody could just talk you into going vert with all that wattage......:blowbubbles:

Mister_D

Veteran
Each to his own, but you will achieve faster growth and bigger yields with quicker wet dry cycles (i.e. more air getting to the roots, this is the main reason why hydro is faster/yields better than soil) Alot of things factor into your ability to water more often or not, and what you are doing is clearly working well for you and your personal situation. As I said food for thought. I'll leave you to it and watch quietly from my bucket. Good luck with the pythium.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well, so far my opinion with the wilt guard is that while it doesnt make your plants better...they have not gotten any worse....so i think it has stopped the pythium from getting any worse...now i just need to get some regen a root to get some healthy roots again...

but as ofnow i really like the wilt guard, even though they only got 2 waterings with it...normally in the past once pythoium wilt has set in the plants are dead with in a week...so this is good news already...

ithink next run i might try some coco with drippers, or "water only" soil with blumats...my problem seems to come with the bad drainage of the buckets and the compaction of the promix...

Mister_D

Veteran
Peroxide will also incourage new healthy white root growth due to the added oxygen. Glad to hear things are looking up for you though. I just started using drippers with my coco a couple months ago and love it. Can't go wrong with the blumats either.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
just a few pics at day 40...funny looking pics cuz my cam was all fogged out cuz the cam was cold, lol..looks like a fire in there from all that smoke, lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

as you can see, there are some plants that look healthy and others suffering from defs, this is because the root rot in some is worse than others, but the wilt guard def helped a bit to let the plants continue on growing rather than them dies and fall over at the base of the stem, which has happened to a few....

Attachments

• DSCF2642.jpg
    DSCF2642.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2643.jpg
    DSCF2643.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2644.jpg
    DSCF2644.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2645.jpg
    DSCF2645.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 8
Hey Joe...sorry about this run bro.

People were wondering, and the #'s are the following in my experience. Don't use together, and more bleach isn't better, it will load in the soil in too high concentrations.

1) 3ml/gal on the h202
2) 1ml bleach to 22 gallons of water

in an aerated rez - both are good for about 4 days...if you are still wondering on that. I have had those kinds of grows...meaning the broke and throw everything you can at them kinda grow. My heart goes out to you. Just a few weeks left...

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya i got 2-3 weeks left, all depending on plant health, if they look real bad then im taken em down in 2, if they look like they can go another week health wise then ill let them...

the breeding room is looking good though and seeds are browning up so about 2 weeks left on those at the most

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
here we are at day 45, as you can see the plants are tipping over due to the root rot and whatever bugs are eating the roots...they are also showing all kinds of defs and also some look like burn...basicly my garden is looking pretty sick...this is because he roots being damaged have problems absorbing the butes poperly.....but on the bright side, the buds are continuing to produce and have not slowed very much....so looks like i might pull off a decent harvest, but wont know till about 2-3 weeks from now, i plan to et them go as lon as possible, but will cut them down depending on plant health...

Attachments

• DSCF2655.jpg
    DSCF2655.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2649.jpg
    DSCF2649.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF2648.jpg
    DSCF2648.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2647.jpg
    DSCF2647.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2646.jpg
    DSCF2646.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 8

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
and the rest of the pics

Attachments

• DSCF2650.jpg
    DSCF2650.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2651.jpg
    DSCF2651.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF2652.jpg
    DSCF2652.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2653.jpg
    DSCF2653.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2654.jpg
    DSCF2654.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 4

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
it doing alright...im actually moving in a month, and in the process of setting up the new place, it will be alot smaller, it will be 2 10x10 rooms with 2k in each on flip...much smaller but its better than nothing till i find a better spot

Shit .. Aphids .. .. Hope ya cleaned all your equipment before bringing it to the new spot bro .. I had a brief run in with those bastards and I tossed everything out.

How'd the breed room go? Bet you got some nice gems with those crosses you used.

Latest posts

Latest posts