What's new

The Farmhouse

I will snap some pics tonight. Iv'e been contemplating what and how im gonna be running the rooms with the summer on the way. (gotta seal um now) The vertical room has the mini split and the co2 burner. So my plan was to just circulate air between the rooms using intakes and extraction fans to keep temps and co2 levels.

but each room is 4 weeks apart.. so i just dont see how that will be very effective when you want different atmospheres at different times. example high humidity through stretch and lower co2 levels the last week..and so on.
My first thought is just find a happy medium>

anyone?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I say yes happy medium is the way to go. Many people run perpetual systems in the same room with plants at every stage of flower.

Thanks all!

day 39

006-11_zps2e892d3a.jpg

001-13_zps1d885de8.jpg

007-9_zps932780d7.jpg

D

DHF

Monocrop FTW.......

Hope Harvey`s big Bro......

Peace....Freds......:ying:.....

Crack! That's the sound of inevitability! Couldn't wait till noon,, it's too nice of a day not to enjoy an ice cold beer in a frosty mug.

Cheers to all my magger friends!

I hate to say it guys.. but im converting all my space to high plant count sog aero tables. (like i have running at the moment). The ease of use and quick cleanup and turnaround makes it a no brainer. The easy trimming of main colas, the zero veg times and not having to keep a single mother makes this just irresistable.

I have enough room to run 4- 4x8 tables. (after some demolition and rebuilding) The plan is to run 4- 4x8 tables. 2 4x8's 1 month apart. I can take clones from the 2 tables 1 week into flower to fill the cloners. at 4 weeks these clones will go into the other 2 4x8 tables and then clones taken for the system finishing flower. etc.

The vert system is being donated to a friend to see what he can do with it. Im not giving up on vert...im just in need of some fast production and ease of use growin.

In the future when funds are more available i plan on building my petcontainer vert system.

If yall dont mind i would like to stick around here with random updates?

D

DHF

All about what works for you my buddy.......Stick around....Hell...... guaranteed ain`t nobody runnin yas off.....

My clone factory grobro`s in SoCal KILL it with SOG tables and parabolics , but they run CRAZY ass plant numbers with budsicles in 3" rockwool cubes......and.....

At least the vert setup`s gonna be used to help someone else.......anyways.....

Good luck Bro.....Keep us updated.....

Peace.....Freds.......:ying:.....

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Hey Cat.. we'd all appreciate you're sticking around and keeping us up to date on your doings.. great effort.. wanted to try the sea of green for a while.. having a hard time talking my partner into doing it.. hard to teach an old dog new tricks..

mgk :tiphat:

Mister_D

Veteran
It's ok, once I have my shit totally dialed, and show everyone the true power of vert, all you deserters will come running back to the dark side :biggrin:

That doesn't mean you should run off and join the crazies in the horizontal forums. Our kind isn't welcome over there........ :moon:. Besides we know you're really vertical on the inside :biggrin:

BldSwtTrs

Growing purely for max yield per watt in a perfect world vert is better. Given most peoples variables, horizontal is a more practical choice.

My best yields have been in horizontal, but I KNOW I could beat those numbers in vertical, but... the effort, time, difficulty, and mostly plant count are my reasons for switching to horizontal.

Best of luck cat.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Hey Farmhouse Cat I want to see what you're up to next! Don't go away now, you hear? :)

Mister_D

Veteran
Growing purely for max yield per watt in a perfect world vert is better. Given most peoples variables, horizontal is a more practical choice.

My best yields have been in horizontal, but I KNOW I could beat those numbers in vertical, but... the effort, time, difficulty, and mostly plant count are my reasons for switching to horizontal.

Best of luck cat.

Agreed, but only because vert is still in it's infancy. The methods are still very much in the incarnation, and development phase. Like horizontal methods that have been developing for decades, eventually we will collectively come up with a simple, easily copied, high yielding vert system.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Agreed, but only because vert is still in it's infancy. The methods are still very much in the incarnation, and development phase. Like horizontal methods that have been developing for decades, eventually we will collectively come up with a simple, easily copied, high yielding vert system.

Vert trees have been around for quite some time. In Canada I see a lot of videos of 50g garbage cans on casters, with 1k bulbs bare bulb.
It's when you get into the high plant count vert that I think the yield consistency issues occur.

bobblehead

Veteran
Vert trees have been around for quite some time. In Canada I see a lot of videos of 50g garbage cans on casters, with 1k bulbs bare bulb.
It's when you get into the high plant count vert that I think the yield consistency issues occur.

:yeahthats

I see these different vert systems... and most guys are struggling to break 1gpw. I've only done it once so far. I'm not saying it can't be done, but there is a great deal of attention to detail required. In contrast, you have horizontal tables that are fairly easy to dial and achieve 1gpw yields... Seems like everyone and their brother is copying jack's design and others like it.

SOGs are best horizontal imo. Trees and vert lamps have been around for ages. For some people an enclosed fixture is a safety issue. Like not getting burns on the back of your neck.

Vert has potential... but there's a reason why the majority of the industry is horizontal. My $0.02.

Mister_D

Veteran

Correct. I should have been more specific, was referring to vert sog in my above post. I know peeps that were doing vert trees in the 80's. Vert sog on the other hand is relatively new territory. Not a new idea, just not one that has been thoroughly explored. Only a handful of people have made a serious attempt at it, and even fewer have documented said attempts.

You guys all have valid points. And i really am a verthead deep down, because i love to tinker and build. But at this point in my life i just feel like i can be more productive and turn out more product getting back to the basics and running horizontal sogs.
My vert system did me well for over 2 years, although my best was only .79 gpw. (3.5lbs from 2k) And to hit that number i had to work hard! It took alot of time in the room tying back plants and pruning and shapping etc to get that perfect sideways canopy.. and it seemed like a never ending chore.
But the biggest factor in my decision to change was the cleanup involved between harvests. I had to take every bucket out (60) and clean by hand, i had to scrub the gutters in each of the 4 walls and then put it all back together again and then work out any leaks. It got to be a royal pain in the ass! This is absolutely needed running aeroponics or you take the chance of getting nasties.

Once i setup my aero sog table and had a harvest and saw firsthand how easy turnaround was i made the decision. It literally takes about an hour to pull plants and roots, clean and have it ready to fill with the next batch. That and the zero veg time sealed the deal for me. Now i just need to get to work and build 3 more tables like the one pictured below.

014-6_zpsfe31bf0d.jpg

012-3_zpsf93d4176.jpg

whatthe215

Veteran
amazing discussion goin' on in here, very insightful.

:respect: to all the vertheads pushing the envelope and taking risks on new setups...

i don't know anyone else running bare vert lamps with plants surrounding them, when i tell people how i run my rooms they're like wait what how the hell does that work? your plants grow sideways?! one person mentioned Heath once, but otherwise the whole vert thing is just catching on.