What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Farmhouse

Hazed

Thanks for the ideas and the links. It would be nice to go that extra mile and really get things dialed.

Sorry Bro,
I been so busy with my own, I forgot you are runnin a sealed room now!
Your grows are what really got me goin and thinkin outside the box, Heath R kicked some ass, but you have designed and built a sound kickass system that everyone could build and woudnt cost 10k or more!
I know that everyone appreciates what you are sharing!

I think the infra thermometer is a damned good idea, and you spending some time in there with your beautiful bitches and figuring out the airflow and using a honeywell device and experimenting with setting the honeywell device so it cuts out the ac before that harsh ass cold air (think dew point) hits your girls, and also using the range setting on the device,
ie 4 degree differential,or less.
You should be good to go.
Honeywell is American made and they're products kick some serious ass on anything made with little hands.lol! Seriously, I have literally staked the livelihood of my family on honeywell products for well over 20 yrs and never been disappointed!
Best to ya...Hazed

DHF might have a better idea, I look forward to seeing the final sollution, and a kickass crop from you!

Mister_D

Veteran
FHC - 8 deg dif between day and night is well within dialed parameters. Not sure what to suggest for making it hold temps tighter, but it's not really needed. Hazed seems to be on to something though, if you're so inclined ;).

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
I was talking to an ac guy the other day and he mentioned something about remote thermostats for minisplits. Might be something to look into.. just gotta figure out where to mount it...

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Dang it! The lobby is out of popcorn again! I'll find a chair tho and watch the show while the cute little stoner chick in the lobby gets done hittin the bong and makes more snaks! 'scuse me... pardon me... oops... sorry about your foot...

mgk :yappy:

FHC - 8 deg dif between day and night is well within dialed parameters. Not sure what to suggest for making it hold temps tighter, but it's not really needed. Hazed seems to be on to something though, if you're so inclined ;).

I agree. I am within parameters so for now i will just leave it.

Today was 96 degress and the room is sitting at 72 with 70% rh.
These min splits are a growers dream! The plants are settling in and liking there new home. Im lovin the co2 setup. I insulated the hell out of the room and its completely sealed. The co2 only fires up once or twice an hour.

One thing im worried about is the blast of air hitting the lower plants on the opposite wall from the vent. Ive dialed down the fan but they still get quite a breeze.

Also.. I havent had to top off the res at all with the dehumi and the ac condensate draining into the system. Makes life easy.

Thanks for the compliments guys!! cant wait to see what the difference co2 does on this run.

:ying:

Grizz

Veteran
Cat all looks and sounds good, only thing i see that might keep the co2 from giving you what you want is temp's, everything i have read and done show me plants do better with higher temps with co2, what i saw before i scrapped the sealed room was 83 to 86 degree's realy let them use that gas..

Hazed

I don't have all the weed experience you guys have, but a long time ago an old fart told me that when the air temp gets below 50f at night you will loose one day of ripening on your sweetcorn, and I have seen this happen.

I have seen this happen to many late plantings (veg crops).
Always figured if I ran a ac in the same room I would shoot the cold air at the ceiling and let it mix with the hot air.

Cold air slows the metabolism of every living thing that I am aware of!
Looking good though bro, cant wait to see what you pull this round!

Cat all looks and sounds good, only thing i see that might keep the co2 from giving you what you want is temp's, everything i have read and done show me plants do better with higher temps with co2, what i saw before i scrapped the sealed room was 83 to 86 degree's realy let them use that gas..

Ive always lived by those principles in the past. My last room was run at 86 and 1500ppm (flat aero) and it did pretty good. But at the time i didnt have a chiller and although i did manage some good harvests i think root problems were a limiting factor. Even though i always made it to harvests, the roots always looked super ugly.

Now, with this room..I think i have everythings in place. The environment is dialed in with the minisplit, dehuey, circulation fan/filter and a chiller. The room is near perfect.
Ive been testing different fan speeds with the ventilation system and it turns out that when set to low the room steadys out temp wise, and makes for a slow heavy movement of air.

I know plants will make better use of the co2 with higher temps, but at this point im taking it slow and watching. Once i know all is well i can dial up the temps a little at a time.

:ying:

D

DHF

My fliprooms always ran in the mid 80`s with air exchange twice per minute utilizing ambient CO2 ppm levels in the 750 constant range 24/7 and did well.....

I gotta say I`m with JW FHC.......and...We can dial yer shit with increased temps to utilize the CO2 in a sealed environment as long as yas keep RH levels dialed in the 70% range where the plants won`t sweat/transpire outrageously and fuck with nutrient uptake.....but.....

You`ll find out in the long run with dialin yer setup in..... guaranteed....so...first hand witness is the best teacher....bet on it.....

I will say this....You HAVE to have at least 750 ppm`s CO2 in that sealed room for proper growth , so since yas`re runnin 900 ppms , I`d up the ambient temps some cuz 72`s too low lights on for pot plants IME.....and.....

72`s bout as low as my lights off temps ever went down to for fear of excess humidity and lower temps causin condensation on my plants in late bloomage.........anyways....

Carry on my buddy.....You da man.......

Good luck....Freds......:ying:......

I hear ya. Actually when i stated 72, that was lights off temps. Ive been hangin at around 78-80 lights on with 900+ - co2.

I was a little concerned about the roots at the higher room temps, but I think i will up the temps to 85. Afterall the roots get sprayed with nice cool 68 degree nutrient solution every 7 minutes. ( i changed the spray times to 45 seconds on 7 minutes off). From 1 on 5 off.
Reason being i thought they could benefit from a longer off time to dry out a little between sprays and promote more vigorous root growth.

D

DHF

Bro.....I KNOW your situation and I`m so glad ta hear 72`s lights off rather than lights on , and it`ll make yas happy IF yas can keep rootzone temps below 70 degrees in the process.....see....

You`ve gotta LOT of parameters dealin with your setup as 1 affects the other , so on and and so forth.....that said .....

It`s a labor of love ta find the sweet spot where plants hoon from perfect environment , watts per sq ft , and keepin rootzone temps in check with the aero thingy....

All in all there`ll be sacrifices for rootzone protection and maintenance ,but once all falls in place yields will increase accordingly , and the only way ta make it happen is repeatedly.....again .....

You da man FHC....Handle this shit.....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Grizz

Veteran
fuck i have enough problems with just running in coco, dont think i want to deal with pumps and nozzles , sprayers and tryin to keep roots cooler than my grow room, i know if you can do it the results will be awsome though, im just old and lazy and hard headed, as fred said , you the man

Thanks potnas! Don't let pumps and stuff fool ya. This setup is made for the lazy grower! It practically runs itself. Its true things can go south in a heartbeat. But once everything is up and running and all the kinks worked out its set and forget.

These pumps are made to last a very long time. My veg and clone pumps have been running for over 3 years now without a single problem. The big flower pump is still yet to be determined but its going on almost a year in OCT and still chuggin away.

Anyway...thanks for help ... onward and upward.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
:headbangeI was able to fake a ticket n sneak in, I'll stand in back.....

Beautiful work:good:

are those veg'd under flouros only????
what wattage????

I started to notice some yellowing and pale ish leaves. The new growth is super light green and everything looks mostly healthy. But I better nip this quick.

I assume with the co2 the plants are requiring more nutes. 600ppm may not be enough anymore. Im changing the res tomorrow morning and will up the dose.

DHF.... Ive ran out of flora grow. Shall i pick some up? I think i remember you saying its not really needed and that the micro has enough N in it?

Just thinking out loud here and comments are welcome.

catalyte

Veteran
from what i've seen, unless you are vegging for a long time, GH Grow formulas are totally unnecessary. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts