What's new

The Experienced Beginner--600 watts, King's Kush and Himalaya Gold

Hovz

Nice setup, i'm about to order a grow lab 120, does exhausting out the window give u good control of the temps??

snaggy-

Nice setup, i'm about to order a grow lab 120, does exhausting out the window give u good control of the temps??

exhausting out the window was crucial in my grow. When the vent fell off the room filled with hot air, and that was the only air the tent was bringing in so it got HOT.

Your best bet would be too vent out a window and pull in from another, but venting out and pulling in the surrounding air works well too.

Hovz

Okay i have a window right next to the grow area, i think i will do what you did and just exhaust out the window and pull the surrounding air like you said. Thanks again just trying to make sure i have all my bases covered for when my tent shows up.

snaggy-

Okay i have a window right next to the grow area, i think i will do what you did and just exhaust out the window and pull the surrounding air like you said. Thanks again just trying to make sure i have all my bases covered for when my tent shows up.

No problem, and good luck with your grow!

snaggy-

Oaksterdam Cuts

Oaksterdam Cuts

So I drove into the city today to visit a nice dispensary that had $7 cuts from oaksterdam. I picked up 3 XJ-13's (supposedly G13 x Jack Herer), and 3 Purple Kush.

I transplanted the Thai Super Skunk's, and I also moved the 6 from Greenhouse into bigger pots.

The plant count for this thing is just about at it's limits. It will interesting to see what the little clones will yield as they won't get much veg time.

4529636664_bd3792064d_o.jpg

4529636116_e2d6a234d6_o.jpg

4529636406_96bce4bf97_o.jpg

Small, but well rooted clones:
4529635432_f50ecdfb06_o.jpg

4529635700_c2d6aae7a7_o.jpg

Put in some bark chips at the bottom for drainage:
4529635208_091a836012_o.jpg

Root mass before transplant:
4529002335_62859c1f34_o.jpg

And here is a Green Pad that I got as a freebie. Didn't have any place to actually hang it, so I just taped it to the wall. Claims to work in 35%-50% humidity so we'll see how it goes.
4529636868_3f5091e9dc_o.jpg

snaggy-

Quick update: Flowering has begun! After 35 days of vegging, these guys are on their way. There are lots of bud sites, and a good bit of space for them to stretch for a nice yield.

The clones were taken out and put into a make shift veg room consisting of a few CFL's hanging from a big screen tv box. Those are going to be vegged for about 2 weeks and tossed into the flowering room also.

Once the big plants are done flowering there will be 4 clones of each strain to replace them. I am going to take clones 2 weeks into flower. That way I can give them 2 weeks to root, and then a month of veg.

Notable dates (give or take a week or two) should go like this:

APRIL
--Flower King's Kush and Himalaya Gold April 21
--Veg XJ13 and Purple Kush: April 21

MAY
--Flower XJ13 and Purple Kush: early to mid may (the 6th to the 12th about)
--Take Clones of K's Kush and HG same time
--Take clones of XJ13 and PK two weeks later (close to end of May) for my friends dad to continue once we have to leave for college.

JUNE
---Harvest the King's Kush and Himalaya Gold towards the end of June
---Then start the clones of each strain at the same time

JULY
Harvest the XJ13 and PK at the beginning to middle of July

AUGUST
Harvest the K's Kush and HG by the end of August

Have all of the grow finished and harvested/dried by the first week of September.

Then get the fuck out of LA and move up to Santa Cruz for college.

Any flaws in my plan that I am completely over looking? I hope me and my friend can get two harvests done by the time I need to leave.

Growing is like a part time job even though it is a hobby. I have spent a lot of money on equipment and supplies so I need to make that back, pay for part of the electricity, and make normal profit from the time spent on it all. If I join a collective down here, I can donate part of my crop to the group as a whole in exchange for money from time/money spent.

The way I have interpreted the California Attorney General's guidelines on prop 215 and sb 420 what I want to do is legal. I have no intention of making economic profit.

And of course, pics:

Plants with the freshly switched HPS bulb:
4541755959_d25d89273a_o.jpg

And the makeshift box covered in a work blanket and surrounded by junk as hobo camouflage:
4542389774_b760f502d0_o.jpg

Meds215

hey boss just a fair warning those xj 13's get super tall
do agressive lst
they ruined everything in my cab being so damn tall
they tripple there size in flowering but they smell really good
and the appear to be powdery mildew resistant

snaggy-

Day 3 of flower

HELP!!! There are a few problems with the plants that I have tried to get decent pictures of. Some leaves on a few plants are curling over. There are dark brown spots on a few leaves (new and older growth). And there seems to be some retarded leaf growth.

4551228925_00030737df_o.jpg

Out of focus, but here is an example of the spotting and curling:
4551866170_fd9170f980_o.jpg

Cell phone cameras really suck....best I could get though
4551228125_316ee60033_o.jpg

And here is an example of some of the weird leaf tips:
4551227775_8710580820_o.jpg

Another poor looking leaf (below top set):
4551227255_b5133292ef_o.jpg

at least the clones are looking alright in the makeshift veg room:
4551226835_91be3ae219_o.jpg

From what I have read in the infirmary threads, this looks like it could be a few problems. I am thinking the PH is off, which would be causing a lockout of what could be phosphorus, calcium, manganese, or boron.

I gave them straight water without nutes yesterday to see if I could get some runoff to test, but I only got them enough to drip a little bit. It was late, so I had to leave before I could do much more....bright light in a backyard at night is too blatantly obvious.

I need help!!! anybody have some thoughts on what it could be, and what my best route of action is?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey man you give enough water to this plant?
i see dry soil from this picture, possible need to give water
also no look to much bad!! for my small experience get some stress from temp, fertilizer...
also me i get brown spot in some leaves for ph block in the soil...

Did you ever get those temps below the high 80's low 90's? These are the types of problems others were talking about. Looks like possible heat stress, maybe even the beginnings of a cal/mag def?

Good luck!

snaggy-

Did you ever get those temps below the high 80's low 90's? These are the types of problems others were talking about. Looks like possible heat stress, maybe even the beginnings of a cal/mag def?

Good luck!

Ya, the temps vary from 76 to 82

I probably should pick up some cal-mag then

hey man you give enough water to this plant?
i see dry soil from this picture, possible need to give water
also no look to much bad!! for my small experience get some stress from temp, fertilizer...
also me i get brown spot in some leaves for ph block in the soil...

Ya, watering isn't an issue, but it may be issues from using tap water.

reckon

cal mag, OR blackstrap molasses, just read the label on the BSM and make sure there's no sodium.

the brand at whole foods is the one I use, as it has ZERO% sodium, and really high cal/mag, plus it'll feed your micro herd (provided you don't douse em with chemical ferts)

or you can actually mix a little tap water in, using IT like a calcium supplement in a pinch.

clp

Good luck with your grow man!
Looks really successful and is quite inspiring.
Hopefully my new grow in the dr 150 will be similar!
Little more watts though

snaggy-

cal mag, OR blackstrap molasses, just read the label on the BSM and make sure there's no sodium.

the brand at whole foods is the one I use, as it has ZERO% sodium, and really high cal/mag, plus it'll feed your micro herd (provided you don't douse em with chemical ferts)

or you can actually mix a little tap water in, using IT like a calcium supplement in a pinch.

I was planning on using some molasses as a booster because it is a cheap and effective way to get that little bit extra, so I will see if I can make it over to whole foods--there is one not too far away.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Good luck with your grow man!
Looks really successful and is quite inspiring.
Hopefully my new grow in the dr 150 will be similar!
Little more watts though

Appreciate the good words, and of course much luck with your new grow too!

Latest posts

Latest posts