What's new

The Electronic Music Thread...

I just stumbled across Deep Dish's Chocolate City last night. OMG! That got me fired up. Brilliant jazzy deep funky house.

I'm big on the funky. But anything Dark and Dirty does it for me as well.

Sander Kleinenberg anybody? He's got to be my single favorite dj.

I've asked this question once here before without any response so I'll try again:

Has anybody ever heard of Dj Dizzy from South Africa? As in Dj Dizzy from the duo called Double Trouble. He mostly does HardHouse now which I'm not really into but he came out with this series of albums called Spectrum I, II, III, IV.... The Spectrum series is really dark progressive house, like nothing else I've ever heard.

I'm always looking for new music to jam to, but here in the states we're behind the times when it comes to electronic music. If any of you euro or SA gents can make any reccomendations, they would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
~Stoney

B

BeAn

Hey dudes..

Hey dudes..

Anyone heard of 'Infected Mushrooms'??

Trippy choons, i think they be from Isreal.. :joint:

Keep it green! :sasmokin:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Yup Infected Mushroom have been mentioned here quite a few times. :wink:

Stoney Bologna, I like Sander too. Bit chilly but he can pump it out too. If you like dark, than check anything by Stefan Bodzin. :D

cherrybombshell

So, I'd like some suggestions if anybody has any - I've been listening to the same trip-hop for years and could use a change.

Looking for something along the lines of Goldfrapp, Bjork, the first Zero 7 album. You know, pretty atmospheric music with a female vocalist.

B

BeAn

lol..

lol..

Sorry, im high.. a search would of helped lol. :lurk:

Thanks for the reply anyway dude.. :sasmokin:

They're track Gamma Goblins reminds me of somthing(EDIT: Invader Zim theme tune) Anyone else get reminded of somthing not to do with music when they listen to a choon? :lurk:

Last edited:

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
cherrybombshell said:
So, I'd like some suggestions if anybody has any - I've been listening to the same trip-hop for years and could use a change.

Looking for something along the lines of Goldfrapp, Bjork, the first Zero 7 album. You know, pretty atmospheric music with a female vocalist.
Massive attack is wonderful man, you'd really like them. they often have female vocalists come and sing for them too, on such songs as special cases, group four, and teardrop. if your going to uy an album, get Mezzanine.

i love zero 7 btw.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Irishslappop said:
Massive attack is wonderful man, you'd really like them. they often have female vocalists come and sing for them too, on such songs as special cases, group four, and teardrop. if your going to uy an album, get Mezzanine.

i love zero 7 btw.

I'm way more into Portishead, but MA are good too. :yes: If you like atmospheric and don't mind hip-hop then Deltron 3030 is really worth checking out. That's what Dan the Automator brought out before doing Gorillaz. :wink:

Hey Alex,

I downloaded some Stefan Bodzin today. Very dark. I found the sounds and the effects to be amazing. That was really the fist time i've heard stuff like that. It's got a sorta goth industrial feel to it, but I'm not even sure what to call it. So what do call that stuff?

Do you know of any artists with a similar sound but a more housey/trancy feel? I dig all the recommendations.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people giving props to Ferry Corsten. Right on! Great trance that's for sure.

My other trance selections:

Dave Seaman
Sandra Collins
Nick Warren

The God's Kitchen Compilations always have some incredible trance on the trance disk as well.

~Cheers

And I forgot to mention

Hed Kandi- For funky disco house

Sandy Rivera-He made an album on the defected label a fews years back that was what i would describe as Dark Funky House. Anybody heard?

This thread is FN great!!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Stoney, nice selection you posted. Not what I play, but sure good to listen to if you want something different. :yes:

Bodzin is the bomb, he's behind half of the german minimal productions at the moment.

Check out: Bodzin, Bodzin & Hunteman, Rekorder (series going from 1.1 to 6.3 - that's Bodzin aswell), Oliver Hunteman, Loco Dice, Gregor Thresher, Riton, Tiefschwarz, James Holden, Lazy Fat People, Petter, Trentemoeller (or Trentemöller)........ damn there'S so many. :biglaugh:

Oh yea, anything on "Get Physical" label is excellent. Stuff by Booka Shade, Dj T, Chelonis R Jones, Radio Slave.....

I'm gonna leave it at that, see what you like and I'll let you know what else might be of interest. :wink:

Oh hang on one more, Paul Kalkbrenner. :biglaugh:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Luke Chable is a bit trances for me nowadays, but Holden is just plain sick. :D

The Holden mix of Nazi Trance Fuck Off is so damn dirty. :sasmokin:

Jack_Spin

Alex-F said:
Morning :joint:

Seeing as we have a Hip-Hop thread, we might aswell have a thread for all things electric :D

Post up your current, or all time, faves from all dance related genres, be it House, Techno, Minimal, Electro, Breaks or anything else.

The latest records I bought are:

Loco Dice - Seeing through shadows
Cirez D - Mouseville Theme
John Tejada - The end of it all
Blackstrobe - Last dub on earth (b side is Nazi Trance Fuck Off-Holden Mix :yoinks: )
Whirlpool Productions - From Disco to Disco
Oxia - Speicher 34
Gabriel Ananda - Ihre Persöhnliche Glücksmelodie (Freeform Five Mix)
Moguai - I Want, I Need, I Love (Karotte Mix)
John Digweed - Warung Beach (Kiki Mix)
Daft Punk - Technologic (Digitalism Mix)

Other current favourites are:

Theo Parrish - Falling Up (Carl Craig Mix)
Booka Shade - In White Rooms (Neo Mix)
Moby - Slipping Away (Tiga's all I need is to be sampled Mix)
Radio Slave - My Bleep (Roman Flügel Mix)
Thomas Schumacher - Red Purple (Rotor on the b side burns every floor down :yoinks: )
Gregor Tresher - Neon
Gregor Tresher - Heat
Roman Flügel - Geht's Noch? (Audion gehts krank Mix)
Swoop - Superlicious
Royksopp - What else is there? (Trentemöller or Thin White Duke Mix, both rock)
Patrick Chardronnet - Eve By Day
Paul Woodford - Erotic Discourse
Ame - Rej

So many good tunes around at the moment, I need more money :badday: :pointlaug :D

hey thats funny to find this in here, i co-own one of Europes leading booking/event production agencies for minimal/techno/electro artists.

one of my artists is listed in your post, i would really like to say who but then i am risking a bit too much...

respect buddy

specialk

Hey Alex dude i listend that Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djinns Trentemoller Remix you recommened sounds REALLY good, i want to download radio 1 essential mix by TM

Last edited:

myst

Nice thread. I’m a loyal fan of the DnB. My favorite labels are Ninja Tune, Moving Shadow, Ram. I could listen to that heavy, chilled out Jungle from the mid 90’s all day long. My favorite DJs are Dieselboy, Dara, Marky, and so many more. My favorite producers are Omni Trio, Amon Tobin, Ray Keith, Tech Itch, along with countless other talents mixing and producing this music all over the world.

If it sounds good, I like it!

Latest posts

Latest posts