What's new

The Electronic Music Thread...

The Hacker, Terrence Fixmer, Johannes Heil, Christian Boree, The Youngsters, Diego, Roman Flugel, Kevin Saunderson, Juan Atkins, Laurent Garnier, Funk d' Void..

These are amongst my favourites.

G

\o/ Pair of Technics 1200MKII and a "brand new" used mixer. \o/
Boogie woogie!

TimewarP

Perfect Haze said:
likes a bit of amon tobin, aphex twin, boards of canada, plaid, squarepusher, venetian snares, chevron, bong ra, shitmat, enduse, knifehandchop, autechre lots and lots of drum and bass, lots of breaks, lots of everything!!!!!

lets be friends!
just saw amon tobin in surroundsound
venetian snares like 5 times since last summer
squarepusher last year
chevron and shitmat a couple months ago [maybe ill post my vid of shitty getting shoved INto the fridge backstage
bong-ra [dutchman] ive seen three times since last year plus when we left the IC Cup party early it was to see his side project playing in haarlem[in fact he almost came to the 4:20 thursday- next year]

etc etc.
i really dont like dance music tho.
repetitive stuff is kinda boring eh.

go download some venetian snares or bong-ra... hardly boring

TimewarP

granjero said:
I've somehow got hooked on dubstep for a year.
Loefah, Skream, Digital mystikz, Burial, Kanka etc

loefah - mud vip is one of favorites right now
and I(loefah remix) by skream

somehow...

it is good spliff music huh?

Addictive

What about like Mindless Self Indulgence? Anyone ever listen to them? Not so much techno/electronica but definately electro-punk/pop if you heard them you know what i mean. I think just about any of their songs off of the "Frankenstien girls seem strangely sexy" album are good, incase anyone checks them out. Just a thought tho. Some more of my favorites would be Infected Mushroom- I'm the supervisor album, Anything by Clint Mansell is wonderful i think...

-Larry.

Anyobody here listen to Blockhead or Bonobo?

I highly suggest picking up Music by Cavelight... Or Animal Magic by Bonobo. Bonobo has work with Amon Tobin (2-Ton Mantis) and some of the other artists I've seen in this thread. Blockhead is just dope.

I'd be glad to post up some songs here to download if you guys have never heard of them.

Good stuff, stoned regards all,
cvs

Addictive

I've heard some Aesop tracks with Blockhead included, but nothing on his own if that's the same kat. I saw up top that some of ya'll don't like RJD2 and Dj Shadow- lol I'd have to disagree. RJD2 i think is way sick as goes for anyone on the Def Jux label. Anyone ever listen to Dj Shadow & Jay Z's grey album? Pretty good stuff. IDK.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cavalleysmoker said:
Anyobody here listen to Blockhead or Bonobo?

I highly suggest picking up Music by Cavelight... Or Animal Magic by Bonobo. Bonobo has work with Amon Tobin (2-Ton Mantis) and some of the other artists I've seen in this thread. Blockhead is just dope.

I'd be glad to post up some songs here to download if you guys have never heard of them.

Good stuff, stoned regards all,
cvs

Animal Magic by Bonobo is an awesome album, I've seen them live in bristol - really good stuff.

goldfronts

Addictive said:
I've heard some Aesop tracks with Blockhead included, but nothing on his own if that's the same kat. I saw up top that some of ya'll don't like RJD2 and Dj Shadow- lol I'd have to disagree. RJD2 i think is way sick as goes for anyone on the Def Jux label. Anyone ever listen to Dj Shadow & Jay Z's grey album? Pretty good stuff. IDK.

-Larry.

I thought the grey album was a danger mouse project. Jay-z's the black album lyrics over the beatles white album beats hence the greay album.

On another note JEFF MILLS djing in NYC on tomorrow night.....Woo HOO

Hey addictive those Aesop Rock tracks are not what I'm talking about... I know what you're referring to the ones like Breakfast with Blockhead that are completely rap/hip hop influenced. I am speaking of a completely different artist. Please give "Music by Cavelight" a downlaod. If you like shit like DJ Shadow you'll like this for sure.

Hey Sammet, it is an awesome album isnt it...Bonobo is quite a talented artist. I recently proposed to my wife whilst faded and listening to "Ketto" off his new album. I think i'm gonna upload some stuff for all to hear.

buzzed and sytoned regards, cvs

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cavalleysmoker said:
Hey addictive those Aesop Rock tracks are not what I'm talking about... I know what you're referring to the ones like Breakfast with Blockhead that are completely rap/hip hop influenced. I am speaking of a completely different artist. Please give "Music by Cavelight" a downlaod. If you like shit like DJ Shadow you'll like this for sure.

Hey Sammet, it is an awesome album isnt it...Bonobo is quite a talented artist. I recently proposed to my wife whilst faded and listening to "Ketto" off his new album. I think i'm gonna upload some stuff for all to hear.

buzzed and sytoned regards, cvs

Hey congrats mate - I've heard that album and it's awesome too. Bit more upbeat.

Hi Sammet, I didn't find Music By Cavelight quite upbeat... Sort of a darker edge actually... Or a bit depressing at some points, like the 3 "Triptych" tracks. Unless you're talking about the latest Bonobo, which is sorta upbeat... has a lot of lyrics... which is unlike him.

Does anyone know of a good free MP3 host? I've been trying to upload a few tracks to a site I found, but they're all over the 4MB limit.

If anyone could help me out... I want you guys to hear a few of these tracks... thanks.. stoned regards, cvs

Addictive

goldfronts said:
I thought the grey album was a danger mouse project. Jay-z's the black album lyrics over the beatles white album beats hence the greay album.

On another note JEFF MILLS djing in NYC on tomorrow night.....Woo HOO

Definately right man, my bad that was a Danger Mouse project. That's what i get for Dling the DJ Shadow discography at the same time. LoL Whoops.

G

Just got new Klute CD; The Emperor's New Clothes.
CD1 is more dnb hits from Klute. We Control the Vertical and Property is Theft are two of the Fattest. Fuck knows what he is thinking with Toiler though??
CD2 again Klute comes with some more techno styled tracks on the second cd, mostly not my thing but Pissed Jeans and Sold Out, I can feel.

Klute continues to do what he pleases and I for one will keep enjoying it :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts