What's new

The Easy Streets

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep those were the ones I was talkin about! Never saw you replied . Man where the f can these genes be found ?please don't say gg4 is a clone only pheno 4 GG I seem to not be able to get my hands on Any of this clone only stuff. Guess I don't socialize enough !

yeah , sorry but it is clone only . there are a few crosses & S1's of it out there , but they go so damn quick that they're hard to grab up .
with the way GG is being freely passed , it will make it to your circle sooner or later .

Snow Crash

Veteran
Sorry for the hiatus everyone! I had some personal stuff going on, work is insane, and I've really been neglecting the garden. Almost killed everything with a solid 4 days of no water and 82f high temperatures...

Update:
Of my 3 plants I found 3 different pheno's (oh joy...) There is a stretchy/Sativa lean, there is a solid 50/50 with vigorous growth, and there is a stout/indica lean.
All plants have been cloned and rooted. The Sativa Lean and the 50/50 rooted quickly and strongly. The Indica lean had a lot of issues with cloning and rooting compared to the others.
I chose 4 plants from each clone set (10 clones from each of the 3 plants) that had as similar an appearance and root mass as I could.
These were put into 4" starter pots with their respective media, and have been receiving feedings from their respective nutrient systems (CNS17 for the Coco, PureBlend for the ReadyGro).
Last night I busted the stem on one of the indica leans, so I now only have 3 of those left and that phenotype is out of the picture. I'm cool with that though as traditionally I prefer the stretchier Sativa plants.
The remaining 8 clones will get the rest of this week to finish establishing in their starter pots before I move the selected ones up to the 2 gallon Smarties.
I am considering using all 8 of the remaining clones and doing a side-by-side with the multiple phenos to see if the moisture mix or coco has a different result depending on the plant. It would be a better test I think.
I'll try to update with some more photos in the next few days of where things are at now.

Photo's included are of the plants just before cloning, and the plants now in their new homes. I sadly wasn't able to take pictures of the cloning process but it was pretty standard and ordinary.

In the picture of the clones it goes 50/50, Sativa, Indica from left to right. Sorry about the white balance - everything is a lot more green than that. Pre-Cloning picture is from 10/9, I took the clones on 10/16, post cloning picture is from 11/3. God this is taking a long time to get going...

FINALLY GETTING THIS BITCH ROLLING!

Attachments

• 1009140804.jpg
    1009140804.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1103141813.jpg
    1103141813.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 12

Weeded1s

Sup date homie... I know shits been rough over there for whatever reason (fuqn life rite) but im cheking in on you buddy.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I'm doing okay fella's, thanks for the love! Life went full Lemony Snickets on me. I was doing good about taking pictures but have been trouble finding the time to post them. Then my phone took a shit on me and I lost the progress pictures. Icing on the cake...

Tonight though, it's 100% my plan to snap some pictures. Shit is straight blowing up, the stretch was intense. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted in here.

I was able to get a Secret Jardin DP90 for my momma's and future clones. Really happy with that setup right now. It will make following up with another grow using the same strains really easy.

Flowering started on... November 29th I'm pretty sure. Could have been the 30th, but right around there. Somewhere between Thanksgiving and December 1st.

Plants are about 10 days in and the tops are just transitioning and starting to toss out flowers now.

The Pure Blend had a definite advantage at the flip to flowering. The plants transitioned from the transplant much more quickly with the Pure Blend compared to the CNS17. The CNS17 controls were much more yellow and had less vegetative mass compared to the Pure Blend control plants as they entered flowering. This was interesting considering that the CNS17 plants were certainly larger when they were transplanted from the 4" starter pots to the 2 gallon Smarties.

Since flowering began, and I started using the Bloom nutrients, the CNS17 plants have definitely caught back up to the Pure Blend plants. I was a little neglectful and the stretch put some plant tops a little too close to the bulb and I toasted a leaf or two in the hot spot. The Ushio HPS is definitely doing the job and I really like how red it is compared to other more "orange" HPS bulbs I've run in the past.

You'll see the photo's from tonight of where everything stands. I feel super lame about losing the other ones on my old phone.

Oh, and 1 not so easy part about this is mixing up two different reservoirs to water 8 plants all by hand. I'm setting up some kind of auto-feed system tonight to help save me a little time and energy. See you all soon.

Snow Crash

Veteran
Here are some pictures. I am picking up supports tonight, the Sativa lean is strong with these ladies.

Here's some pictures, taken on 12/10 a little shy of 2 weeks into flowering.

Attachments

• 1210142223.jpg
    1210142223.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1210142225.jpg
    1210142225.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12

Snow Crash

Veteran
The easiest thing about this grow has definitely been the lack of pH balancing. It's just measure, mix, stir, and feed. The drip system has made my life insanely easy too, it's just the runoff now that I have an issue managing (but there is a solution on the horizon).

All of the plants look pretty identical. There's a pretty obvious issue with getting an even distribution of light in the tent. The shortest plant in the grow was being shaded by the tallest plant in the grow so I was able to swap them around. The issue with the tall plant is that its officially too tall. Fucker must be a solid 5 feet from the top of the coco to the last flower. The top 4-5 inches are now above the bottom of the reflector and they are stretching out all crazy. It's pretty interesting to see.

Observations:
  • Both systems appear to contain excess Nitrogen. All plants are extremely lush/green and some have a little typical eagle claw. Neither system is out performing the other.
  • Plants are in the 5th week of a 10-12 week cycle and starting to bulk out a little bit
  • Recent low temperatures in the area have reduced the relative humidity from the low 70's to mid 50's. Plants have responded to the VPD stress and are showing a little edge curl as they try to keep cool in the warmest areas of the space.
  • Daily waterings for the Ready Gro Moisture mix are not necessary. I water it every other day sometimes.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I'm back with some pictures. The tent is a bit over full now so it's kind of impossible to get a good shot but I will do what I can. (sorry about the rotation)

The pull back photos of the garden are a little tough to make out because it's just so crowded. I wish I could capture how well the lower growth is filling in because of how I have shaped the canopy. This is a strain that desperately needs some form of training and I haven't plucked a leaf off of them. Next time will benefit from this experience. The first picture with the plants and the bulb is pretty funny, you can see where the bottom of my silencer/filter is sitting which is where I was planning to have the canopy at. LOL, these punk asses showed me who's boss.

Two photos (#3 & #4 ) are of the obscene stretch that the plants are experiencing. I think I can blame the excess Nitrogen they are dealing with right now. The plant in the 4th picture is about to touch the top of the tent - basically 4x stretched and I cannot do shit about it. Where the light is hitting that plant is really filling in fine but that upper area is ram's horning out of control without any light to drive photosynthesis. A part of me what's to just cut that off, but I don't want to stress her out right now and find Nanners in week 7.

I threw in a few photo's to show how the plants are swelling. They just entered week six (under 40 days of flower) and looking decent. Not mind blowing but they are cruising along nicely.

I'm about to run out of the Pure Blend Pro Bloom. At the rate of 30ml/gallon now, just 3 gallons of feed solution should finish off the bottle. While the feed directions say that I should continue feeding through the end of week 8 (another 3 weeks) I can tell the plants are totally maxed out on nutrients.

I'm sure I could cut the feedings out completely and rely on just the buildup to carry them through to harvest... but there is some risk that this could impact the finish weight and skew my results. I will buy another bottle of PBP to have around because I did like this nutrient program and I want to see what Botanicare is telling people to do. I feel like this program is running too much N and not enough PK, the Pure Blend Pro Bloom Soil at 1-4-5 might be the better product for the ReadyGro Moisture mix. At least after the bottle of 2-3-5 PBP Bloom runs out from early bloom. I could probably run the PBP Bloom Soil like I will CNS17 Ripe.

Attachments

• 0104152050a.jpg
    0104152050a.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 0104152050.jpg
    0104152050.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 0104152049c.jpg
    0104152049c.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 0104152049b.jpg
    0104152049b.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 0104152049a.jpg
    0104152049a.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 0104152050b.jpg
    0104152050b.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 10

Snow Crash

Veteran
Plants are now 68 days into flowering and rapidly approaching harvest. It couldn't come soon enough but I'm going to wait for this rain storm to blow through before chopping them down.

Pictures haven't been coming out very well and really can't do the tent justice. It is packed. I totally overgrew that tent with these sativa dominant strains when I failed to anticipate the 4x growth at the flip to bloom. Before I chop anything I'll be sure to pull them out and do some good comparison pics. Just looking at the plants I think their location in the tent had MUCH more to do with their size, health, and structure than the nutrient system. I'm realizing now that the small size of the tent, and the plants being so close to the bulb, really hurt the uniformity of the canopy and I feel like it makes my test/comparison of CNS17 to PureBlend a little less meaningful. Smoke report is going to need to be the barometer here as I think the harvest weights should be close enough to not matter. We'll see though...

Something happened this grow that I've never seen before. I guess there was a hot spot in the room, or poor air circulation, because I actually had buds dry on the plant. Like, I walked up, snapped off a nug, put it in the bong and it burned white and got me trashed. Tasted delicious too. Never have I seen or heard of anything like this... Reminded me of a scene in that Method Man Redman go to college movie where dude is just plucking flowers and rolling them up. There was no mold or anything (which was my first fear) so I just cut out everything that was dry, turned the back side towards the light, and pulled it away from the lamp as much as I could. I did notice a few male flowers on one of the nugs which is sad. I've already axed the momma that spawned the hermaphrodite strain because I needed the room in my veg tent for new starts of the more stable strain.

Botanicare really did me good this round. Such an improvement over the Cyco Platinum series. Next time around I think I'd like to include a little silica, GH Rapid Start, and my old stand by Uncle John's Blend. I was thinking of adding some Tricho to the mix and definitely need to do a better job training and supporting the plants. I let this one go wild without any training but could have done a little better with some topping and controlled branch removal. As far as CNS vs PureBlend goes I think the PureBlend has a slight advantage because it is ready to use a lot quicker. The CNS17 needs a few minutes to dissolve and break down before using which is, albeit small, kind of a drawback when I'm trying to feed the plants before heading out to the bar.

I should have pre-harvest pictures probably Monday or Tuesday night depending on how the trichs look. If they still need another week they are going to get it... my schedule be damned already.

Post# 911 - Never Forget

Snow Crash

Veteran
They all needed the extra time. So many lessons learned this time growing a sativa.

Firstly, 3-4x stretch is a hell of a thing. Over crowding the tent cost me light uniformity, which will ultimately impact everything from plant stress to yield. The next time I grow this strain I think a single plant scrog in a 3x3 horizontal will be the way to go. And with an A/C hood just in case it's still a little taller than I expected to avoid the heat issues.

80 days on a Sativa is on the short side. I was planning on 70 days like past hybrids I've run but this was just totally unrealistic.

1 of the plants didn't hold up very well and I chopped her early. This was the plant with the "dead" flowers on the stem. It was one of the ReadyGro+PureBlend plants and I cut her down last Monday and snapped a quick picture before hand. Sorry for the potato quality. She's all dried up now but still curing. I measured 34 grams on the scale, but have easily smoked 5-6 grams thus far. I'll call it 40g from that one, and it was certainly the smallest of the bunch. I'm hoping to hit 400g from the 8 of them in total, which would be a great harvest at 1 gpw (but a crazy long grow period from seed to harvest). That's a standard door it's in front of, maybe 8-10" taller than the door nob so it probably finished at close to 3' tall if that helps with some scale.

Attachments

• 0208151926-1.jpg
    0208151926-1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Snow Crash

Veteran
Fucking Botrisis. Noooooo!!!

There are two phenotypes. The kind with huge resinous buds and mold. And a less resinous also large buds but with that sativa structure and no mold.

All of one pheno got hit pretty good. I was very liberal when removing the cancer and I'll estimate the loss at 2-3 ounces, 60 to 100 grams just gone.

It's a myriad of factors. Humidity has been high during some rain about 2 weeks ago. The one pheno wasn't resistant enough. And my landlord had to do a walk through without me home so I had to shut all the fans down for 3-5 hours in the middle of the dark period. Alone, none of these would have been that big of a deal, but in combination cost me big. I still did alright but this will make the comparison by yield a little less concrete for sure.

The box is about 1 cuft, full of funk, and headed for the trash.

Attachments

• IMG_20150216_154312.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154312.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20150216_184324.jpg
    IMG_20150216_184324.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 14

Snow Crash

Veteran
The harvest is finished. :woohoo:
I'll have another picture of everything hanging up in the drying tent for you all in a few hours.

Here's the pre-harvest pictures I managed to take. Unfortunately, almost all the plants couldn't support their own weight so it's kind of hard to see which was the biggest and brightest from the group shot. I hope some of the other pictures help demonstrate the size of these things, it's pretty insane even for myself in a 3x3 with 400w of HPS.

From what I can tell, the CNS17 plants are definitely larger. Although, the bud structure on the PureBlend plants is more preferable, with fewer single bladed leafs at the top of the colas. Both performed admirably and once I have a chance to smoke and compare the finished product I should be able to pick a winner.

I'm going to need more jars...:hotbounce

Fucking all my pictures are sideways. Sorry about that! I'll see if I can't try and fix it because they are all the right way on my PC.

Attachments

• IMG_20150216_154312.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154312.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20150216_154357.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154357.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20150216_154413.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154413.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20150216_154435.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154435.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150216_154503.jpg
    IMG_20150216_154503.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20150216_174113.jpg
    IMG_20150216_174113.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20150216_174222.jpg
    IMG_20150216_174222.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 10

RedBeardy5

Very nice, so if I switched from H&G which brand would you go with? Seems like hey both have diffident advantages.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I'm digging these 1 part formulas. If you're going to stay in pure coco, and go 100% hydroponic, then I think the CNS17 is a good pick. I have some FloraDuo and GH FloraSeries GMB ready to go for next round and I think they aren't bad choices either from what I've seen around here. I almost feel guilty for growing in coco for what, 6 or 7 years now, and never running 6/9.

Botanicare has just really be treating my plants right and I cannot say too much against them. It isn't the most concentrated stuff on the planet, but the cost is super low and it is available in just about every hydroponics store (in the US at least). Liquid Karma is something my plants have really loved in the past and I can see myself maybe trying out more of their full program some day.

If you'd like to go quasi-cocorganic, like with the ReadyGro, or something else like Slacker or Root's Organics Soilless, then I'm going to recommend Pure Blend Pro all day long. The other bottled organic/soil compatible stuff just cannot compare to what I see out of Pure Blend. It isn't OMRI or anything an Organiphile is going to hop on with, but I think for people looking for the best of both worlds that this is the only nutrient program that I have come across that can deliver.

Last edited:

Snow Crash

Veteran
They will appear in plants that are revegging after already flowering for a bit. It's a hormone thing, and not that I'm claiming there are PGR's present in these products but I have a hard time explaining them as predominantly present on just the CNS17 plants.

I did have a slight issue with my light schedule not turning off at the specified time but I caught it within 10 minutes and replaced the timer the next day. I don't think that was the source of the problem but it is worth making note of.