What's new

The "drinking" scene...

K

KMK0420

begin rant!

I'm in my 20s...and all growing up the big thing was drinking....or getting into bars...etc. My question is...why the FUCK is it so damn popular? In all honesty, alcohol isn't great. It's something that occasionally (i feel) you can drink and have a good time. Fucked up part is is the majority of people my age (hot females especially) are so consumed with drinking, clubs and drinking, bars, etc. It's basically like...if you don't drink, you're really missing out.

I wish one day cannabis would be legal to a point like in Amsterdam, you can roll in to a coffeeshop grab some bud, a coffee, and chill the fuck out. I can BET many a people would find dates, soulmates, etc, rather than this drunken-one-night-stand shit. I've been to the clubs, i drink occasionally, and the quality of women especially is so horrible, its not even funny. Even if they are gorgeous, the ones who drink EVERY weekend have something to hide...insecurities, they're whores, have kids, etc. I've never met a "stable" woman at a bar, club, etc. Always some chick gettin drunk expecting guys to be all over them.

Then the crazy shit is this myspace/facebook shit...what the fuck is up with people posting pictures of them holding beers? Some people have literally 5, 10 albums of hundreds of pictures of them holding beers/alcoholic drinks...at different places. Whats the point of that? To show the world youre a lush?

Majority of people again my age think its "fun", "something to do", etc. I'm normally one of the loners because i prefer to get towed back smokin some chronic rather than ingest that poison alcohol...

And the real fucked up part is...like i was sayin before...cant even count how many gorgeous girls ive seen in pictures, at clubs, etc hanging on some douchebag dickhead...holding a beer. And you know he's a douchebag because half of his page is covered in half-naked pictures of himself along with all of his life achievements and the car his mommy and daddy bought him.

Are younger wome...err...girls amazed by guys who are big into drinking or something?? In my city, there's a site dedicated to taking pictures of girls/clubbers who are out drinking and posting them online...Pitt 2 Nite i believe. I'll be driving through some of the upperclass bars and again gorgeous women with complete dickheaded assholes...you would NEVER see a stoner act like that...treat a woman like that...etc...given its person to person, but weed doesnt make people do the shit alcohol does.

It amazes me. Over in Amsterdam i cant count how many times i rolled into 420 cafe, or the Nes and talked to some HOT stoner women...of course i had no chance as one was engaged and one was married, i could have tried, but i respect that. Im sure if i stayed there longer i would have encountered something lol..

The world* needs to wake up, get out of this alcohol/drinking scene bullshit and make it a cannabis scene!!

Last edited:

digital

It isn't so much the alcohol that people go to the bar for, as much as the sex. Most people (that I hung around with, anyway) went to the bar to pick up the opposite sex for a potential one-night stand. Alcohol lowers inhibitions and makes casual sex more attainable. Sure, some people like the buzz from alcohol, but many only tolerate it because of the potential for sex.

K

KMK0420

It isn't so much the alcohol that people go to the bar for, as much as the sex. Most people (that I hung around with, anyway) went to the bar to pick up the opposite sex for a potential one-night stand. Alcohol lowers inhibitions and makes casual sex more attainable. Sure, some people like the buzz from alcohol, but many only tolerate it because of the potential for sex.

Yeah, i guess you're right. But doesnt that say something about their self-worth/self-esteem?

I

Iron_Lion

The weed scene isnt social enough, if I was single I'd probly be more into the bar thing. I mean its probly the best way to get laid if your single, not saying you'll find a long lasting loving relationship but sometimes you just need some ass and the bar scene makes it easier.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
These people don't think, they aren't going out of the box.
It's easy for them. to just go out, sit down, and drink, no worries man, no worries!

It's nice to go out, on an occasion or a nice night, but it's not my place, It's nice to be around all these different people (Even tough their not my type, especially the older, luxurious people)

I am not a fan of drinking, alcohol is a poison, but for sure can make good times.
Some people really have a nasty drinking habit.

digital

i'm whit you!!
btw sometimes i love to get totally wasted from drinking alcohl and smoke spliffs...

That's a recipe for a quick chat with the porcelin gods for me. I can toke, then drink, but if I try to toke after I've had a few drinks, instant ride on the Vomit Comet. :noway:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Sounds like you need to check out this site:

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

No real justice in this world. Lol, at least you don't spend four hours doing your hair like some of those douches.

Digital is right. People don't go to bars all the time just for fun. They're horny and want to do the horizontal mambo with anyone drunk enough to do it with them. Want to meet chicks that aren't totally brain dead, try the the gym or something. Even then they ain't that smart.

K

KMK0420

Sounds like you need to check out this site:

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

No real justice in this world. Lol, at least you don't spend four hours doing your hair like some of those douches.

Digital is right. People don't go to bars all the time just for fun. They're horny and want to do the horizontal mambo with anyone drunk enough to do it with them. Want to meet chicks that aren't totally brain dead, try the the gym or something. Even then they ain't that smart.

ROFL, exactly what im talkin about

A

alpinestar

fuck alcohol
you never get high then black out and wake up the next morning broke, wondering what you did, and feeling hungover.

bentom187

Veteran
alcahol is to blame for most of my problems now, nothing good has EVER come from it for me or people i know dont be a follower

For me, alcohol has never been a problem. I def like the drunk feeling but, I'm just not really a fan of being hungover.

However, my brother had a MAJOR alcohol problem...it damn near killed him (and innocent others) in multiple ways...medical problems, drunken car crashes, attempted suicide... :fsu:

Thankfully, he has found the healing herb and has been sober for well over 3 years now. :woohoo:

Alcohol can be bad news and most rational people know it. This is the reason I think our mj laws are borderline, if not completely evil...making a healing, medicinal herb illegal and pushing some people to drinking. :2cents:

ddrew

Veteran
Excuse to act stupid and hook up, and then something to blame stupid behavior and questionable hook up on the next day.

hempknowsis

I dont' watch TV much but I did the other day. I can't believe how many alcohol ads are on TV! During our life all we know is alcohol glorification, while bud has been demonized. Most people are sheep and just sort of follow the herd.

I'm not saying alcohol is all bad. Many people can enjoy it responsibly. I like a few beers now and then and I do "go out" now and then.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
Pabst blue ribbon ?

Here a 6 pack = 5.99$ only reason I drink it, and it's not that bud for cheap beer

but now I try to only buy beer that actually tastes nice
:)

Molson

Why do you think college is so popular? I'm a sophomore, so I'm right in the thick of it.

A party without alcohol, well, isn't much of a party now is it?

Why do most working adults refer to college as 'the best 4 years of their life'?

I'm not into getting full blow shit housed, but I enjoy a few beers with friends.

Styles P

begin rant!

I'm in my 20s...and all growing up the big thing was drinking....or getting into bars...etc. My question is...why the FUCK is it so damn popular? In all honesty, alcohol isn't great. It's something that occasionally (i feel) you can drink and have a good time. Fucked up part is is the majority of people my age (hot females especially) are so consumed with drinking, clubs and drinking, bars, etc. It's basically like...if you don't drink, you're really missing out.

I wish one day cannabis would be legal to a point like in Amsterdam, you can roll in to a coffeeshop grab some bud, a coffee, and chill the fuck out. I can BET many a people would find dates, soulmates, etc, rather than this drunken-one-night-stand shit. I've been to the clubs, i drink occasionally, and the quality of women especially is so horrible, its not even funny. Even if they are gorgeous, the ones who drink EVERY weekend have something to hide...insecurities, they're whores, have kids, etc. I've never met a "stable" woman at a bar, club, etc. Always some chick gettin drunk expecting guys to be all over them.

Then the crazy shit is this myspace/facebook shit...what the fuck is up with people posting pictures of them holding beers? Some people have literally 5, 10 albums of hundreds of pictures of them holding beers/alcoholic drinks...at different places. Whats the point of that? To show the world youre a lush?

Majority of people again my age think its "fun", "something to do", etc. I'm normally one of the loners because i prefer to get towed back smokin some chronic rather than ingest that poison alcohol...

And the real fucked up part is...like i was sayin before...cant even count how many gorgeous girls ive seen in pictures, at clubs, etc hanging on some douchebag dickhead...holding a beer. And you know he's a douchebag because half of his page is covered in half-naked pictures of himself along with all of his life achievements and the car his mommy and daddy bought him.

Are younger wome...err...girls amazed by guys who are big into drinking or something?? In my city, there's a site dedicated to taking pictures of girls/clubbers who are out drinking and posting them online...Pitt 2 Nite i believe. I'll be driving through some of the upperclass bars and again gorgeous women with complete dickheaded assholes...you would NEVER see a stoner act like that...treat a woman like that...etc...given its person to person, but weed doesnt make people do the shit alcohol does.

It amazes me. Over in Amsterdam i cant count how many times i rolled into 420 cafe, or the Nes and talked to some HOT stoner women...of course i had no chance as one was engaged and one was married, i could have tried, but i respect that. Im sure if i stayed there longer i would have encountered something lol..

The world* needs to wake up, get out of this alcohol/drinking scene bullshit and make it a cannabis scene!!

i feel the same exact way. i turn 21 tomorrow and all my friends are over 21. so im just about to experience this. your from philly right? are you talking about hot girls of philly site? if so i know so many of thos girls they all went to school with me in south jersey. even got in one of their pants during school :muahaha:.

baet

have u ever gotten drunk alone,it sucks, thats why a bar or party is needed, being drunk is great, and makes you want to socialize and party. i dont like bars though, just a party with friends and people im familiar with.

edit: theres nothing i hate more than the girls who religiously goto bars and clubs parties etc on the weekends just to get fucked by sleez unintentionally

Latest posts

Latest posts