What's new

the different smoking habits

Growenhaft

it may be in the wrong section at first glance...
Is it just me, or do other growers know this too? whenever i have friends with me who don't grow themselves and usually have to buy their weed from dealers, a particularly greedy behavior can be observed in these people at the bag..
if you smoke with these people, you will inhale heavily... quickly and in quick succession as deep as possible into the lungs. if you keep your bag in your hand longer during the conversation, they will eagerly start to signal "hand over the thing" By the way, this is how most of my acquaintances behaved before they started growing them themselves... due to the self-cultivation and the constantly available quality, it doesn't matter if weed burns in the bag without being greedily pulled at.
smoking behavior is more relaxing in growers... and i imagine this can make a huge difference in the damage caused by smoking. when I see how they greedily pull down to the filter with 2 fingertips, it makes me sick.

there was also a study on how much more harmful this hot smoking and full filling of the lungs is in contrast to normal smoking behavior... unfortunately i don't have the right search words to find them again.

if everyone could grow their weed free from legal and bureaucratic pressure... then the health risks associated with smoking would be significantly lower... then there would be fewer trips under the influence of drugs...

revegeta666

I never had a friend telling me to hand over the joint. That's just rude lol. You smoke and when you're done you pass it along.

What I did notice after the first 2-3 years of growing, is I stopped caring if there are a few bud crumbs falling to the ground when I'm drunk and rolling a joint. Before being used to grow my own, I would get on all fours if a single crumb fell, and blew over it to dust it off. Like it was made of gold. Now I don't care. In the morning when I clean up the living room, if there are weed crumbs on the rolling tray and I don't know which strain they come from, they will just go into the trash lol. I couldn't care less and it feels great to let go, to be honest. It's just a plant after all.

Growing your own weed changes your perception on its value, and it gets to a point where you start accumulating so much weed that it pretty much loses all value. One of my freezer's drawers is full of weed and at this point it doesn't matter if I have 1 lb or 5 lb. As long as there's enough to smoke I'm happy lol.

St. Phatty

I use a water pipe so there is no hot smoke.

When I smoke, I only take one hit, and hold it for a minute or 2.

Sometimes I try to time it so that I inhale, right before doing a task that is dusty where I would hold my breath anyway.

Obviously it is not my place to criticize other smokers' smoking unless it affects their judgment/behavior while driving, etc.

I think young people who smoke concentrates are stepping over the line to possible temporary impairment. It's like taking 5 hits of Mango, which happened the last time I over-did, while visiting the Marc Emery store in Vancouver.

But they were playing good rock music so the music kind of went with the impaired mental state.

goingrey

Heh I remember those days.

Sometimes it wasn't so much a case of greed or being cheap in the money sense. Just that often it wasn't available at all. And even when it was it might have been a sketchy adventure to score some that could have resulted in getting robbed or busted, and possibly took hours. So when you got some you had better make the most of it.

I never had a friend telling me to hand over the joint. That's just rude lol. You smoke and when you're done you pass it along.
Yeah well, it's also rude to bogart the joint. :D Not that I haven't done so also, at least once. But the etiquette is puff puff pass.

:smoke out:

revegeta666

Heh I remember those days.

Sometimes it wasn't so much a case of greed or being cheap in the money sense. Just that often it wasn't available at all. And even when it was it might have been a sketchy adventure to score some that could have resulted in getting robbed or busted, and possibly took hours. So when you got some you had better make the most of it.

Yeah well, it's also rude to bogart the joint. :D Not that I haven't done so also, at least once. But the etiquette is puff puff pass.

:smoke out:

I remember when I was in high school, half asleep on the bus in the morning, I would sometimes fantasize about finding a 1-2 gram magical piece of hash, from which you could take a joint and put the hash ball back in your pocket, and the next time I grabbed it it would have gone back to its original size. An endless little piece of hash so to say lol. So silly. That's how much I used to value weed.

And as you say, buying weed is so expensive and such a hassle, I might consider giving up smoking if one day I can't grow anymore. Going back to the black market is just not an option for me I think. So lucky in my case to not have been caught once, of the hundreds of times I bought moroccan hash in the black market.

The puff puff pass thing must be an american thing, are you american? At least that's always how I have seen americans smoke on tv. In fact we call this way of smoking "un americano" in Spain, and only smoke like this on occasion. The usual way here is the one who rolls it just smokes til he had enough, sometimes 1/4, sometimes 1/3 of the joint. When you are passed a joint you take a look at how much is missing and you aim for the same amount yourself. Interesting how such basic protocol things can change in different countries. I actually don't know if we are the only ones to do this.

goingrey

I remember when I was in high school, half asleep on the bus in the morning, I would sometimes fantasize about finding a 1-2 gram magical piece of hash, from which you could take a joint and put the hash ball back in your pocket, and the next time I grabbed it it would have gone back to its original size. An endless little piece of hash so to say lol. So silly. That's how much I used to value weed.

And as you say, buying weed is so expensive and such a hassle, I might consider giving up smoking if one day I can't grow anymore. Going back to the black market is just not an option for me I think. So lucky in my case to not have been caught once, of the hundreds of times I bought moroccan hash in the black market.

The puff puff pass thing must be an american thing, are you american? At least that's always how I have seen americans smoke on tv. In fact we call this way of smoking "un americano" in Spain, and only smoke like this on occasion. The usual way here is the one who rolls it just smokes til he had enough, sometimes 1/4, sometimes 1/3 of the joint. When you are passed a joint you take a look at how much is missing and you aim for the same amount yourself. Interesting how such basic protocol things can change in different countries. I actually don't know if we are the only ones to do this.
Nah the rule is international. Not sure if it was pioneered by the dreads in Jamaica, or if it goes back all the way to the sadhus in India. Of course, the importance of America in spreading cannabis culture to the world can't be denied, including this part of it.

Your rule is quite similar in the sense that everyone is supposed to smoke the same amount. The first person just decides how much that is. But man, you really wanna be the tactical toker and be on the left of the guy who sparks the j in that circle. :D

Growenhaft

He passes to the right?

I didn't even have that in mind that there are such big differences internationally.the Germans love very precise rules. who builds where may also light it and choose to whom he passes on the joint... he then chooses the next one again, etc.... until it was everyone's turn.

At least that's how it was for many years... and the bags did not stop circling. Since Corona, everyone has been building their own... what I like best anyway... I can always hardly separate when I have to pass on.

the times 1 gram on pump and the emptying of the jeans pockets in search of the last crumbs I still know well. also the opening of old stumps to look for not burnt weed and hash.
actually cruel... but always proud when another bag has popped out.

there is little fabric and rarely circles a bag smoking was more of a stress factor like a relaxation at that time. such a bag with 5 man never saw the starting point a 2nd time and was faster away like a cigarette.
Horribly unhealthy... and yet it was a cool time... or an experience that you have made so as not to have it again.

my experience... Cannabis is heavily rationed and difficult to access, consumption behavior seems to be significantly unhealthier than when cannabis is abundant.

Latest posts

Latest posts