What's new

The Dead Head Thread

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Did you all hear about the remaining members releasing all the Dead Archives to UC Santa Cruz? My sister is a student there and sent me the email that was sent out to the student body - pretty bad ass if you ask me. The info is on the schools website

HAPPYTREE

Dead Archives to UC Santa Cruz?
Yah i read about it last night just after leaving this thread i googled Grateful dead and it came up. They didn't get all the music but alot of memorabilia such as fan letters, the skeletons from the touch of grey vid and other such i tems. i think it would be cool if they had one of those giant doobies Bill graham would ride on in at new years in the early years.

right now =rythm devils into fire on the mountain or if your a taper FOTM, from the album dead set . awesome FOTM. F'n floatin m an only the dead can do this to me.

HT

Last edited:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
4/23/77 Springfield, MA: Scarlet Begonias is RIPPING on the speakers right now!

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
accessndx said:
Anyone ever make it out to a Buckeye Lake, OH show? Totally insane...wonder if I saw any of you there?

The friends always said " you gotta go to buckeye lake!" I never made it up there, but I heard fun things. I am happy to say that I made a show or two or three.... each one has many memories not to be forgotten.

accessndx

Veteran
Wow....crickets and tumbleweeds on this thread.....I thought I might bump it for people that didn't know it was 'round. Where are all the heads?

accessndx

Veteran
OMG! I thought this thread had been abandoned. Thank christ someone showed up!

J

jipedestran

hey man,

we are always here.

So many memories, so much fun. i am a young'un when it comes to the Dead, my first show was in 1990, managed to squeeze in 37 of them between then and the passing of our brother. Pretty much anywhere from NYC down south to Charlotte, and we were there. Great times.

People talked about Gas, my buddy just emailed me a link to the Baltimore Civic Center show, on Edgar Allen Poes birthday, with the Raven Space. Fooking awesome. NOT THE DENTIST> ENOUGH DRILLING FOR ONE NIGHT.

My good friend, hung out and partied with Brent's widow on Kauai in the past year or so. If I am not mistaken, Billy lives out there as well.

The day I accepted an offer for my first real job, I was driving home from the interview. And the news came on the radio. August 9 1995. If my memory is correct.
I pulled over at the nearest rest stop and just sat in tears for about 15 minutes.

peace
jip

accessndx

Veteran
Hey: I just wanted to mention something for anyone planning on going to the Gathering of the Vibes in CT July 31st to August 3rd.....
I just read on the website that they will be actively searching cars upon entry to the area....so be careful. This was the exact verbiage used on the site:

All vehicles will be thoroughly searched upon entry. No glass bottles, pets, fireworks, weapons or illegal substances are permitted. The Rules are simple, and they're for your safety. Please don't bring anything that could get you or us into trouble. When you arrive, be ready to have your car searched. The quicker we're able see that you didn't bring anything that's prohibited, the quicker you're going to get in. Please make it easy for our staff, and we'll make sure you get inside to set up camp as quickly as possible.

Sounds like they're covering their asses......but I went to school around that area....and there is a heavy police presence because of the University of Bridgeport campus. If you're carrying, I'd make sure it was in a place that people didn't get searched....
Actually possibly the best suggestion is if you're going with friends: take two cars....let them go in...without carrying anything.....and have them cell phone you later...so you can get the routine down. More than likely the searches will be standardized.....so they can help you figure out if there's anything out of the ordinary about the searches.
It's ridiculous that we have to act like this in this country when in other countries it would be conisdered like packing for a picnic...nothing shady....WTF.

U

ureapwhatusow

pseudostelariae said:
not fade away/goin' down the road feelin' bad :jump:

one of my favorites dead segways

that and

scarlett begonias > fire on the mountain

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
ive gone to vibes every year for several years now, when it was in moriahville for a few years, last year at bridgeport, and ill be there again, the only thing there looking for really is glass bottles, a little common sense and ingenuity should see you through the gates just fine

(a box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through :joint:)

hope to party with some of you cats on the beach!

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
ureapwhatusow said:
one of my favorites dead segways

that and

scarlett begonias > fire on the mountain

id have to go with either: help on the way > slipknot > franklins tower

or the ever so tasty: darkstar > st stephen > dark star > st stephen

Latest posts

Latest posts