What's new

The continuing story of a quack who's gone to the dogs

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yo Z

Yup same plant, that is the beauty of Cannada this time of year, Cold evenings, purple buds. I may take her down sometime this week, got some rains coming back, and obviously I cannot trust the squirrels not to fuck with my plants.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Ok here is a shot of my veg

A few preflowers showing up but too early to tell anything from them yet

Canopy is pretty even, all the plants seem to be growing together, which makes life easy

Temp 22 c
Humidity 50%
Distance to light 9 inches

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dr Dog again.

some beautiful shots bro.thanks for the info about the frost too guys.i can wait for the day when i can actualy get a few outside just for the experience.
that pc is lookin reall nice bro.
peace

Dr Dog

Veteran
Yo Tona

No worries man, you know me, I love to the knowledge guy! Outside is ok, cheaper than inside, but you have less control.

Hey Core

There would be 3 of them, front right, rear right, and one in the middle. Kind of happy u asked about 'em, they are giving off a stink already, and they look very hearty, very thick stems, and the growth, I am liking what I am seeing so far, I will get individual shots of the strains for ya a little later today, you will get to see your babies better then

EnZee

Dr Dog said:
Yo Tona

No worries man, you know me, I love to the knowledge guy! Outside is ok, cheaper than inside, but you have less control.
so true dude..
my biggest PRO about growing outside: the sun! she cant be beat. shes the best sodium tinted light available.

my biggest CON would be: Security! i know when someone is in my house. i dont know when someone is outside for some reason. i had some close calls this year, and i just hate that feeling. indoors is much, MUCH safer.

Mr.Bill

I'm almost surprised that you don't have a little makeshift greenhouse going with a little space heater, keeping the frost from coming in for those strains that need those few extra days or weeks past the first frost at your latitude. I love outdoor, may have less control but man looking at them beauties out in nature, nothin like it. Well I'm stoned and rambling so I'mma head out. What's up NZ good to see ya getting active on the boards again. O.k. now I'm out ~SB~

Dr Dog

Veteran
Enzee

Yeah same way I feel about it for sure, I was talking with another guy I know, actually a couple that had backyard grows ripped this year, one with very immature plants ( not sure what they will do with that) but no one said rippers are smart

Mr Bill
I would love to brother, but that would create a huge security issue for me, It would be noticeable from public areas and that would not be cool. A new greenhouse popping up on my property would attract the wrong kind of attention. It is a future consideration though, I am thinking about adding a built in one to some future deck additions outside.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Dr Dog said:
It is a future consideration though, I am thinking about adding a built in one to some future deck additions outside.

Hiya Dr D :wave:
Man I'm jonesin for a greenhouse - already have a pad poured - have concerns like you - houses are very close together here - but I hope to have enough cajones someday to put one up.

Lovin you work bro:yes:

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah houses are too close here too,i see some peeps with small ones in thier yards ,but they are old ladies and what not.if i did it it'd be curtains for me...
i want a spot in the country so bad.soon T ,soon ;)
peace dr.D.

Anima

Hiya Dog :wave:
havent been by in a sec...Your outdoor stuff was a real treat to see...nice frosty buds too!
I'll have to sit down and really read up to see what I missed!
Peace and kindness

Dr Dog

Veteran
Last PC shots for this run

Last PC shots for this run

Hey anima

Yup been a while man, nice to see ya around, hope you enjoy these

So with the frost we are getting now at night, OCT!! that never really happens here, been chilly at night, near freezing, and last night there was some frost around, so she came down tonight

I got about halfway through the cropping, Really tired but being the dedicated trooper I am, I decided I would do an update with some pics, not much a description right now

Here is shot showing some of my mold loss, could have been really huge yield, but hey, live and learn.

Here we go

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Can't get enough of them PC pics Dog. She's got those long trichs that give her that fuzzy look....reminds me of a mutant Opium pheno I had a few grows back.

Sorry to hear about the early frost and hope you didn't lose too much to the mold. How long did she go before getting the axe?

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
she still looks like a nice smoke dawgeedawg,sorry to hear about the mold but live and learn indeed.
its been gettin colder at night here too thats why i had asked about the frost.
anyways hope you dont lose too much + vibes comin atchya.peace

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
:yes:

:yes:

Hiya Dr D :wave:

!!! W H E W !!!

Man O Man - I am weak in the knees - stunning work, beautiful colors and frost:yes:! IMO outdoors there are so many potential demons bent on abusing our lovely girls, I would expect minor to moderate losses any year - but that's the beauty of outdoors - larger plants and maybe more of them - so plenty left, and the goods are top notch. Dude, that's a load of gorgeous bud! Sheyut - I havta get out the sled dogs and cruise on up there... :biglaugh: Looks very stoney Enjoy buddy!

Dr Dog

Veteran
Hey 5LG

Thanks for stoppin in man, how long did she go, hard to say, I put her outside in June sometime, I started to notice budding in August sometime, so I guess close to 8 weeks, hard to tell outside, but the area I grew them, there is a wall on the West side, so it was blocking the late day sun, so an early 12/12. Yeah she is something special, the smell is outstanding, not the strong diesel smell of her mom, more of a fruity smell, but you cannot really tell until you break them up a bit.

I do have 1 confirmed female pollen chuck so far in my veggers, so you will see me growing this one for a while, make sure you check on my fellow OGA'er Black Ra1n, he is working on some crosses with the PC.

Tona
Dont worry about this plant bro, it will just fine, actually yielding more than I thought she would, I figured I could chop and trim her in a couple hours, but this may take 3 days. Yeah frost is killer, I figured why risk it, with a couple days of rain forthcoming now as well, she might as well come down.

Mr GJ

Dude thanks for the kind words brother. You are welcome to come see me anytime you wish, but I was under the impression you were in Cali, that would be a good 20 hours driving from me. Yeah, well like I said from the beginning of my outdoor adventure, I did not need the bud, and anything I got was just bonus, so a respectable bonus. I don't mind the loss too much, I am kind of anxious to try again next year with some sort of shelter made for them.
maybe I will have my greenhouse by that time. Again thanks for all the kind words and support friend.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey bro, nice pc pics. Sorry for the absence but I have that guy coming tomorrow to install that damn meter so I've been busy trying to hide my lab downstairs... going to be a bit scary knowing it's there while this guy is mere feet away. I'll take a pic of the 150 seed cab, things look amazing... pc male is just about to spew. I have all the plants ready for the next seed run.... try to pop on irc tomorrow night... cropping pc's tonight.

B/R

EnZee

beautiful colors dog.. shame about the mold man...

seems we were on similar outdoor schedule the whole way, as all mine i down too now.
the G13D starting purpling up. was looking pretty... just waiting on it to dry now :)

things looking amazing in here as usual. keep it rocking man.
take care.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
PC looks ike the girl I know & love bro...lovin the purple on her!!!unfortunately, I dont think im gonna get any purp on mine, but shes a looker nonetheless!!!looks like she was almost done anyways bro, so im sure shell be some nice heady smoke!!!!Peace out man...

- Z