What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Consitutional Challenge...Starting on Feb 23/15 information

TheDonkey

Say no to cannabis oder!

Bric Williams says for the last two years since the house was built, his children’s clothes have had the smell of pot baked into them – they attend the school. The pungent smell permeates his car’s interior, just in the few minutes he idles outside when he picks his kids up.

Exhaust gases welcomed! Unless you are driving an electric.....

Buddha1

Veteran
allard injunction does not apply in manitoba if they raid you and you are in compliance with the license (under the plant count)

I don't understand why the Allard Injunction would not apply in Manitoba. The Allard Injunction is a federal court order(federal court order = Canada wide), not a provincial court order, which only applies to a particular province. As long as the patient meets all the criteria of the injunction, they should be covered, no matter where they are in Canada.

If the cops are messing with legit patients and there Allard court ordered rights, a lawyer needs to be consulted...ASAP!

Peace...B

Jonny Lan

Im Wondering if I'm going to have time to start a few more strains. I'm going to have to move my whole grow if I am forced to go underground.

I Mean mothers and all. I'm trying to keep all the s1 moms i have at least for another year.

Buddha1

Veteran
Adjournment application

An application was made to adjourn the trial to await the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada in R v. Smith, which is set to be heard on March 20, 2015 in Ottawa. This case involves the extracts issue, which is one of the issues in our case, but also, in our opinion, the Supreme Court of Canada will have to do the section 7 and section 1
Charter analysis and coming to its final decision. This will be the
first time that the Supreme Court of Canada has addressed the issue. Her application to adjourn was refused. Depending upon how things develop, and bearing in mind that there is a schedule for arguments post trial with the final oral submissions being made April 30 and May 1 under the current schedule, it may be that we ask Justice Phelan to await the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada and to enable both sides to address it before he comes to final decision.

Under the current schedule, it is unlikely that there will be a decision in this case before June, 2015.

The above statement is found on the below PDF link for the newly formed "Cannabis Rights Coalition" site, formally known as the "MMAR Coalition Against Repeal"

Link to PDF pages - http://johnconroy.com/pdf/Update-January-20-2015.pdf

I refer to the last line of the quote above...Which states, everyone covered and protected by the "Allard Injunction" should be alright to continue with their self production until at least the end of June, 2015, at which time a decision will be rendered by the Federal Courts.
Under the current schedule, it is unlikely that there will be a decision in this case before June, 2015.

My question or inquiry is directed at those of us that are more in the know than the rest of us, as to, what will happen after June 2015 if the decision goes against self production.

When the decision is announced in June 2015, will it be at this precise point in time, that we have to stop self production, will we have to rip out our gardens immediately upon the announcement...finished or not??? Or(fingers crossed) will we be given a grace period to finish the current grow, that will allow us to comply with the court order??? If a grace period is granted, is there a standard time limit or is that specified by the judge making the decision???

I ask these questions because I am on fixed income(disability pension) and can't afford the loss of any cost that will come with destroying a crop prematurely. There are many of us in this situation, I'm sure most would rather plan a stop, with a finished mature crop as of June/2015, to error on safety(also...We can't afford legal costs of arrests and charges, after the decision date is announced), rather than take a chance and loose a large amount of our limited cash. Those of us on fixed or disability incomes, have to take monetary costs extremely seriously.

Thank you all in advance.

Peace...B

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we willl not lose

med-man

blastfrompast

Veteran
After the end of June when the decision is made, should the judge side with the Gov't they cannot just say it is "Over" get rid of your plants today...they will need to give a "wind" down period, my guess is 90 days, 30 for them to get the letters out, and 60 days for us to clean house and notify them we have made kitty-litter-med-stew with any pot we have left over.

End of Sept is my guess for the earliest shutdown if it comes to that.

Buddha1

Veteran
After the end of June when the decision is made, should the judge side with the Gov't they cannot just say it is "Over" get rid of your plants today...they will need to give a "wind" down period, my guess is 90 days, 30 for them to get the letters out, and 60 days for us to clean house and notify them we have made kitty-litter-med-stew with any pot we have left over.

End of Sept is my guess for the earliest shutdown if it comes to that.

Thank you.

I was thinking that was going to be the case as well...But its better to get others opinions, that way, you can make an informed decision as to "what/what" at the end of June.

I think this would be the worse case scenario...I'm confident we will win. Fingers crossed its for everyone and not just a Grandfathering of those of us protected by the Allard Injunction.

Peace...B

PS. I usually don't grow my meds in the summer months, but on the out side chance we lose...I'll do a round of summer time clones...If we win, I'm set for start up in Sept...A win/win...:dance013:

Jonny Lan

Thank you.

I was thinking that was going to be the case as well...But its better to get others opinions, that way, you can make an informed decision as to "what/what" at the end of June.

I think this would be the worse case scenario...I'm confident we will win. Fingers crossed its for everyone and not just a Grandfathering of those of us protected by the Allard Injunction.

Peace...B

PS. I usually don't grow my meds in the summer months, but on the out side chance we lose...I'll do a round of summer time clones...If we win, I'm set for start up in Sept...A win/win...:dance013:
I Hate growing in summer too but if shit hits the fan , ill be upgrading my window ac unit and running extension cords from other rooms of the house and adding 1200 watts

blastfrompast

Veteran
Summer winter, doesn't matter so much to me...I do small 2-3 light rooms and in the summer my temps only rise a few degrees...Easier to control than a couple 8 light rooms...buddy has to run AC to keep that shit cool.

Course I have 1800ft2 to play with in the basement :)

diffusing

thats just ignorant shit. fuck the school thing, just filter that exhaust shit, why piss people off, they should never know. im surprised they havnt been home invaded yet, but i guess that was the point of giving the address in the press release....

diffusing

ya that area isnt the place id wanna do that, unless i was connected, and even then i wouldnt be so obvious. but that still aint gunna stop the people from down south.... things have happened there over much much less

my biggest growing fear is people finding out, the law isnt the issue, its everyone else... greed and stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts