What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The consequences of normalizing extremism…

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The stuff I think about when standing in line at the supermarket.
Might be that fucker right there. 😂
that thought has struck me before, too. just one of many reasons that i carry everywhere i go these days. i didn't USED to, you know, until about 6 or 7 years ago. something went wrong about then... i look at it like i do insurance...i hate to have/pay for it, but being without it when you need it would REALLY suck...:eek:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
that thought has struck me before, too. just one of many reasons that i carry everywhere i go these days. i didn't USED to, you know, until about 6 or 7 years ago. something went wrong about then... i look at it like i do insurance...i hate to have/pay for it, but being without it when you need it would REALLY suck...:eek:
Understandable. Noting ever happens here, but, just looking around at people - you never know if or who is going to loose it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
That's probably true. Looking back, how many of the places were like Maybery before it happened ?
or the celebration at KC for their SB win? 1 dead, 22 wounded, several of them children. WTF is wrong with these people? who expects to get shot watching a parade ? 3 under arrest/investigation. an aside, a suspected cop killer was caught in Knoxville after killing one deputy and wounding another after a traffic stop went bad in Maryville. :angrymod: felon in possession of a firearm. he was going to jail before, now he's headed for a needle in his arm.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm remembering the Santa Barbara guy who killed his children with a spear gun because he thought his wife was "genetically infused with serpent DNA" and his kids were going to be lizard people monsters.

How do we let people believe such bullshit??!!

moose eater

And yet, violent crime is supposedly down in numbers.

When I'm at the store, I try to get a cart with no squeaky bearings, no gum or rocks stuck on the wheels, and one that tracks straight. I hate it when the carts randomly steer all over the place and the onlookers think it's ME(!!), when, in fact, I typically shop relatively sober.

Last edited:

moose eater

Yes, Virginia, there's (sort of) a study about this, too. And from the good folks at NIH, no less.

I've been holding off on running a Google search for studies that expand upon the probability of my German shepherds killing and eating me. Instead, for the moment, I walk softly and carry a lot of treats.

moose eater

Edit: Admittedly, Alaska is only maybe 730,000 people or so at the moment, and our rates of child-generated homicide exceed the results in the study by a good bit (at least in my mind's eye and recollection), so maybe I should take this more seriously.

But then, the teens are often only found in the junk food aisles and the magazine rack areas of the stores, so I'm probably pretty safe.

Other than for the morbid nature of the young man who offed his dad, it still seems a rarity overall..

A former political ally and fellow grower did get killed up here by his son about 10 years ago (+/-), whacking the back of his dad's head initially with a claw hammer and leaving a knife stuck in the back of his dad's head, then photographing it with his smart phone (not so 'smart', by the way, to do a murder and then take pics of it), though there was a lot of history in that case.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
That's a different thread.
Cats sees more then you tink
20240215_231633.png

Latest posts

Latest posts