What's new

The Cinderella 99 Show

G

Interesting mutation. Don't be surprised if you get buds there too...

Very nice grow you've got going here though. I'll take a seat on this one! :smoke:

Hi all...

The plants have been taking off, and one of them seems to be stretching quite a bit. I haven't even switched them yet either.

Air Temp 80
Water Temp 65
RH 55%
Nute Strength 850 ppm
CO2 850 ppm

This is the baby South African Durban Poison X Skunk #1 that I popped

The 25" plant

I have a few questions for all you guys. The largest C99 plant is 25" tall and the shortest one is 14" tall.

Should I put them into flower now? I am afraid the 25" plant will hit the ceiling. Growroom is 5' x 7' with 9' ceiling.

Or should I manipulate the tall plant in some way (topping, LSTing, etc...) to keep the height down?

V

vhGhost

well the problem with topping is that you have to give them some recovery time, but it should help somewhat in controlling how high that plant will get! so the only suggestion i can give you is ether tie the big plants down, that way there is no shock, and start flowering as soon as you do that! ( * and hang some strings now over each plant before its a pain in the ass while they are flowering and twice the size! )

other than that , all i can say is see what others have to say and choose the most logical 1 for you situation!

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
I'd say flower it!!! Looks good man!!! Sorry it took me so long to mosey into your thread!!

Dont worry about the small guy, It will streach plenty in flower should still yeild somthing. The others look ready to me, unless you want big ass monsters!

This evening I had a little mishap.

I decided to LST the big plant yesterday. So I tied some string near the top of the plant and pulled it one way. I tied another string about half way up the plant and pulled it the other way. Things looked great. The top shoot started to bend towards the light and the fan leaves levelled off so that the top of the leaf faced the light. Well I came into the grow room tonight and noticed the top of the plant wasn't pointing in the right direction.

Upon further investigation, I noticed that the plant bent at a 90 degree angle. I quickly found something to splint the stem with and tied it above and below the bend.

Here are some pictures of the damage.

You can see in this picture how the top of the plant was begining to grow towards the light.

Here is the picture of the bend

So my question is, should I take of the splint and allow it to heal at the 90 degree angle? (Like supercroping) Or should I leave the splint on and allow it to heal straight? This all taking into account that this was the plant that was stretching.

Last edited:

sogman

Oh shit.... that looked painful. lol I truly hope someone gets on that quickly for you cause times a wastin, and I'm not a good resource for this. try this perhaps
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=410494&mode=linear#post410494
its the "ask the old farts a question thread" if you havent already

BTW those plant's are marvelous and I'm sure happyhemphog would be chatting you up about waterfarms right about now if he were still here. He grew some beasty looking plant's from BOG. Just pic after pic of success.
Here!
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=17105&page=5&pp=15&highlight=hemphog

good stuff man

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
That's no problem at all. You've heard of pinching or supercropping, it's based on the idea that if you cause a slight damage to the stem (a light pinch or bend), the plant will repair itself, and just as with a broken bone, the fractured part will grow even thicker and stronger than before. A thicker, stronger stem will allow more carbohydrates to flow up to the budsites, and grow bigger buds. I never really got into that, because my experiments with supercropping never showed any sizeable gain (in relation to the extra work), but a breeder like Soma supercrops all his plants and is aparently convinced by the method.
If you want the branch to heal in a 90% angle, leave it in that position. In about a weak, the branch should be sufficiently healed (provided that you don't move it around).

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your replys everyone. I sure hope that it didn't get to pinched to repair itself. I guess only time will tell.

You have eased my worries a whole bunch Rosy Cheeks. I was afraid that I was going to lose her. Thanks again. :D

V

vhGhost

oh yeah that shoot will be just fine! .. i've bent stems like that on purpose and the results are crazy, that kink in the stem should heal stronger than it was... don't worry be happy :D

Thanks a for all the replies regarding my little mishap with LST.

Stoned2Death - Thanks, and no, I haven't put them intow flower yet. I am waiting for my flowering nutes to arrive in the mail.

I ordered Liquid Karma, AN Big Bud, AN Bud Blood, AN Overdrive, AN Sensizym, and AN Carbo Load. It should be here in the middle of the week. Then I will start to flower the ladies.

G

Just an FYI, you can start them flowering for a week or two without the flower nutes. They don't need all the goodies until after the stretch anyway. Keep it green! :smoke:

R

rule35sub1

When you use the AN budblood, don't use the strength they tell you to use.
With sativas use half strength at most, if not, you will get major nute burn.
Budblood must be used the week you flip to 12/12. This is the only AN product I will never use again.

rule35sub1 - Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I would have burned my babies, cause I was planning on using it full strength. :D

So why is it that you won't use Bud Blood again? Just curious.

G

Got my waterfarms today, but I haven't set em up yet. Lookin good Jedi :yummy:

I'm fuckin retarded I think, I have no idea how your set up. I've read it hundreds of times, but I don't get it :chin:

Is all the hosing you bought 3/4"? One time you talk about changing to 3/4", then in a later response to me you talk about 1/2"?

You have 2 pumps total right? One that came with the system, and one 350gph correct? Do you have another one for the airstones, or can you have 6 airstones run off one pump?

Is the pump thats pumping water into the hole you made on the side on all the time?

Does the water chiller have a built-in pump that pumps the water back into the res?

I'm lost here, I wish you lived next door.

:wave: Hey Jedi its me, your neighbor Minglewood :wave:

I'm so lost on how the water recirculates. What GPH pump do you reccomend for 3 buckets? That's all I'm allowed.

If you could explain what every pump you have does I might be able to understand it. I'm really lost on how much water fills up in the buckets, and how it drains back, how often, timing, etc.

Sorry for being such a problem child, I really appreciate the way you've been so tolerant and helpful, youdaMAN. :sasmokin:

Sorry about the confusion minglewood. I will try to clarify things for you.

Here is an overview diagram of the system.

This is how it works. First you fill the system with water until there is about 5" to 6" of water in the buckets and resevoir. Then you turn on the waterpump. The waterpump pulls the water out of the resevoir, it pushes it through the water chiller, then it pushes it into the side of the waterfarms. The waterlevel in the buckets then becomes higher than the level in the resevoir. So gravity pulls the water from the waterfarms through the 3/4" return lines back to the resevoir.

Here is an overview picture of the system and a few others to give you an idea.

Before you get your system up and running you need to make a few modifications to the waterfarms. First you need to take a drill and add some holes to the bottom of the top buckets (The Dark Brown ones). You also need to enlarge the holes that are already there. Choose a drill bit size that won't allow the clay pebles to fall through.

Next you need to make holes in the side of the light brown buckets for the 1/2" line from the waterpump. Make the holes just below where the dark brown buckets rest in the light brown buckets. Here is a picture from above of the 1/2" line going into the waterfarm.

The next modification is the for the 3/4" return lines. There really isn't any kind of modification that needs to be made for this, since the waterfarms already have a hole at the bottom of the bucket. You will need to purchase 3/4" grommets and fittings for this, though. You may, need to make the holes bigger depending on the style you get. I didn't have to with the ones that I got. Here is a picture of the 3/4" return lines along with a mess of airline tubing.

The waterpump is on continuously. This keeps the pH and nutrient ppm constant between the buckets.

I also have 3 airpumps for this system. I have a General Hydroponics Dual Diaphram airpump that runs the airstones in the buckets. This pump is on all the time as well.

I also have two other pumps that run the drip rings in the waterfarms. I have those running 30 min on 30 min off. They are only run during the lights on time, though.

Before I had this system, I had just two waterfarms. I was using a 250 gph waterpump. I think that a 250 would work just fine for your system.

Hope that explained it for you Minglewood. If not I will be here to answer anymore questions you might have. :D

I will have updates for the grow real soon. I have been really busy lately so I haven't had the time. The girls are in their 3rd day of flower.

G

Jedi, what can I say... You the frickin man! Thank you very much, may some badass karma come your way.

Only a couple things I can think of after that nicely informed post.

T. You have 2 pumps running the drippers, 2 of those GH airpumps connected to 6 airstones, one 350gph waterpump that runs the water flow through the res, then through the water chiller, and then finnaly to the sides of the buckets just below the dark brown park? Am I right?

H. How high is return line hole on the res? How much higher are the return lines on the waterfarms then the return hole on the res?

C. When you fill the res back from those thirsty bitches, how much do you add back, do you ever change out the water completly?

Lookin good man-