What's new

The Chemistry of WAXES (solidified THC chunks) for the purpose of making E-Cig THC

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think that if one were to take the time to compile a step-by-step of the process from buds to acetate with pictures one would be quite popular around these parts.

OK, we will add that to our video list. I have already published how we make Acetate and we are just thinning it out with ethanol, to apply it to the pad via an eye dropper.

In the interim, you might try a search for my Acetate posting in the Cannabis Resin forum.

SB7

mmmh I found this passage from from fly's post ,interesting.

Quote:

6.2 Extraction ~

Cannabis must be dried before it is extracted, because it is not possible to remove more than 50% of the cannabinoids from fresh material. THC-Acid is difficult to extract. If you plan to convert the THCA to THC, the plant material should be thoroughly decarboxylated by heating it under nitrogen at 105° C for 1 hour before performing a solvent extraction.

End Quote:

Gray Wolf, jump117 et al why would THCA be more difficult to extract than THC ? ( ie Fresh material vs cured material)

SB7

jump117

Veteran
why would THCA be more difficult to extract than THC ?
It is known that the melting point of THC is ~40°C 104°F and m.p. of THCA is ~70°C 158°F,
this means that the molecule of THCA is arranged stronger and therefore less soluble.

__________________ Δ 9-THC____ Δ 9-THCA-A
Melting point _______40°C _______70°C
Boiling point _______220°C
Decomposition above ___________120°C

2009, Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinolsäure A – ein neuer Cannabis-Konsum-Marker
http://www.freidok.uni-freiburg.de/...ation_Jung_Julia_online_Veroeffentlichung.pdf

Data on the melting temperature through the link provided G.O.Joe.

-------------------------------------------
In my estimation 50% undervalued, but no claim to its scientific value.

ambershatter

Well..actually.

Well..actually.

Ever heard of centrafugal seperation? There are discussions on it, nothing based on temperature controlled seperation, with centrafugal seperation(force) or otherwise. I have used a similiar, more crude method, it can be slow and teedius, i haven't perfected it, the details are kind of a secret haha

ambershatter

Im very intrueged

Im very intrueged

The boiling point of thc is listed as the boiling point point of thcv (tetrahyrdocannabivarin, thc-c3, or propyl-thc) the melting point of thcv may be 40 not thc, i need to know the origin of this data. I have spent a long time, reading through literally hundreds of papers for that information. I'm will to tell you ... You seperate cannabinoids with melting points...thcv partially blocks the neurological effects of thc, increasing the body high while increasing clarity of mind. The origin of your data would greatly help me and possibly even yourself :) thank you.