What's new

The Chem family

soopy

Veteran
#3's around much like the 4 but has citrus og chem thingy going on...puffing some atm...she's part of my familia cut....chem3xlegendstardawg....

That's the flavor profile of the Chem Sis cut I had for a bit. Looked a lot like the D but way sweeter/fruity/chem/kushy.

That Familia cut sounds f'n crazy! Heaven on a stick right there...

Cannavore

Veteran
Hmm ya now that u mention it. I was reading around.

I also have a pack of these as well.

Bodhi's deep line alchemy
80's black afghani (dsb) x 88g13/hp

Ill have to play wen I have time. Be more then happy to share.

T~P

That'd be awesome T~P
Every night before bed I pray to the seed gods that Bodhi makes more of that cross lol.

:artist:

H

highsteppa

I find the sister to be chemmy towards the gym sock body funk ,garlic,and pine side of things. Def no citrus or fruit or anything sweet, just a nasty yeilder that can be a lil leafy.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find the sister to be chemmy towards the gym sock body funk ,garlic,and pine side of things. Def no citrus or fruit or anything sweet, just a nasty yeilder that can be a lil leafy.

yes ^^ with a long lasting high that hits ya just right.

mack 10

Veteran
^^that sounds like my Sis, no Citrus but she stretches good, mines beefy dankness, bodyfunk all day. my place stinks like an old hippy!! lol
mack.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep...#3 is around. I love her plant structure - I personally find her to be a touch more earthy / "kushy" - a much more mild smell, in my opinion, compared to the other Chems...but I really do love how she grows...her general shape / structure is nearly perfect.

dank.Frank

joe-brand

The #3 is here in NorCal, Bodhi used it for his Sunshine3. The older Chem "C" I haven't heard anything about, other than some HT articles with Chemdog interviews. I think the Chem Sis that has gotten around in the last few years is actually from the seed pop that JoeBrand did that also yielded the #4... Fwiw.

chem 1,2,3,4 I popped in 06 after reuniting with chemdog

also popped doubledawg Chemdxsnensi seed bank afghani

also popped chemxhaze or sshaze

Gave the doubledawg to 4 maybe 5 people. pretty sure it histo. had a couple pheno one didnt hermie and yielded huge. miss that one.

the haze beans I popped I never kept moms.

nspecta and maybe 1 other person got a full set of the 1,2,3,and 4.

think the 1 and 2 are gone forever nspecta maybe have the 1 or the 2 but not both. one of the was very og like.

the 3 got passed around people still have it for sure. It stays more green then the 4 when it cures out and some prefer it.
there is a very slight chance the 3cut that maney people have is actually a sourxog cross. i got so maney strains when the chem story blu up I was super anal with my labeling. nspecta has pics of the the 3.

there you have it.

joebrand

mack 10

Veteran
^^And there you have it, straight from the horses mouth.
Big ups JB!
mack.

Any pic's of the #1 and #2?
mack.

Last edited:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive always thought OG was a very flat Kush type effect profile compared to Diesels or Chem lines..I found Headband to literally grip my skull but have a more clean Diesel Fuel pallet...
DWD wrecks ur day..its very strong..only had samps never grown it myself..
and yes Loomps Headband was the closest to a DWD in pallet Ive had yet but effect on both are similar..Main diff was DWD floored ya..HBand sqeezed ur skull and IMO Hband is offspring of D lines..not Chem or OG at all...
I also have a pk of Fuel I was curious to try..and a few older DWD hybrids..
buds to me of Diesel were more like Chem then OG by far as well...
and buds dont have a way to elaborate..
plus when I got samps of DWD which was in early 2k the OG cut was avail everywhere being hybd to everything and on OG and anywhere and D was not let go as easy or as easy at all to grow...and they were 2 way diff herbs...alot of the stories lost me a long time ago and I just dont buy any of it..
Chem is a Dirty Diesel to me...heh...all effect are quite heady and up up and away....
OG is for Gayngsters....heh...but smoke it and feel what ya want...its all prety good pot..
D#1 and or aka DWD may of been a mess with NYCD(2 ver..somas bag seed and a real NY-Diesel) to..or ECSD...which its not either..
heh....and thats why all the probs...cause the work was loose and tried to be tied back up years later...nice try tho....
so ya got D#1, DWD, HBand. Chem lines, SourD, ECSD...NYCD...ya..it was messy and you guys should remember it better...I do...
and Im not sayin anything about 1-4 or what those cats are saying..those are chem lines..and IMO off spring of Diesel with no OG involved..
matter fact Joe saying 06..is bout perfect timing...right after the OG hype was dying out in early 2k and right before these guys made Chems avail to the public in seed forms..
still a big gap between 1990 to mid 2000...
FOE20

joe-brand

[qu

ote=frankenstein2;5749377]Man that shit looks f@cking killer. It made my mouth water.
Anyways with all this chem/og talk going on. I wanna know what the weed was called that chem bought and found the 13 seeds in. Somebody must have grown it, cause it sure as f@ck didn't grow itself. If it was that good, i would assume that the mother of all mothers is still growing. Somebody somewhere has to have it. I don't care if it 40 yrs old, if it was that special i would still be cloning the shit out of it. I don't wanna hear some bullshit that a mother can't be kept that long. I used to grow a williams wonder that came from the sssc. The mother my cut came from was 25 yrs old when i got it- so there:moon:. The fact too that this mystery strain is a one and only is bullshit. I have grown countless hybrids that boast no chem lineage at all, yet they look like a chem/og and have some of the flavors to boot. Also the idea that chem was the only person in history to grow beans from this strain is absurd. Based on the cannabis community as a whole, we all want the best, and yet everyone believes that those were the only seeds from the super weed that were ever grown. If chem got a bag with seeds, the possibility someone else did too is more than plausible. The idea that no-one else had ever seen these genetics come from the seeds of the super weed is highly unlikely. Somebody has to know something!!!!!!!![/quote]

the chem was called the dog bud or the dawg the was no spelling when I got the herb. I was in crested butte and friend had 2 uits for sale. I bought both. They were like nothing I had every scene. They were a little on the wet side LOL, so the nugs were a little squshed but so fucking resiny and that nose was like nothing I had experienced. I was 20 maybe 21.

I smoked it with my circle of friends and the first word, not fuel or diesal that came to my head was chemmy or chem.

so the chem and the dawg became one chemdawg or chemdog whatever u like.

I sent one unit to mass and kept on for dead tour and headys.

I found out years later that those 2 units came from the pnw maybe washington. No one knows MORE then that trust me.

What strain is it?????? Who the fuck knows or will ever know. does it really matter.

So I was lucky enough to stumble on some of the dankest most potent and uniqe tasting strains ever in weed hisory.

Then for all chem lovers the man that was smart enough to grow and save the s1 beans from the unit I sent well shit he really saved the strain from extinction.

he mentioned he found beans in the p and I was cool whatever, at the time I wasnt a grower. moved to cali in 93 forgot about my old friend until 2000 when I heard about chem and sour d I was blown away searched for 5 years for him no face book. By the time we got reunited I had been growing for almost 13years.

funny thing is no one like chem4 when I gave the cut out. Now the its very well liked. Look at last years hi times and this years issue on the strongest strains in the world. Count how many have some chem in them its crzy t think bak I was a kid.

Is there chem in og who fucking knows. I believe there is, the 91 was in tahoe for awhile and passed out. I read a reallly god explanation on amother site the really seemed plausable I will try and go copy the post.

If you grow 91 or chem or chem d there for sure are og tones in the nose for sure.

The REAL headband grow like alot like a og i think the real cut and im not sure if loompas is has bud structure and growth very much like a og to me. its cures and smells like a chemmy og to me.

been awhile since I posted and told the story. weather you love og or chem or sour or bubba or gsc or jak or ssh or gdp or blu dream (lol). there all bomb ass strains if grown well and its great the chem strains survived just being tossed in a ash tray when chemdog was rolling a joint is a pretty great part of the story.

FYI you can think JJ from topdawg he reunited us if it wasn't for him who knows.

anyone with the double dawg or chem 1,2 please chime in LOL

mack 10

Veteran
^great post Jb.

love these backstorys on the legends.
I love the chem D, I think that strain has destroyed more light/heavyweight smokers than anything else.
big ups jb and chemdog.
mack.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
That was awesome joe. You just made my year. I love telling my old man that i get my info right from the horses mouth. My first encounter with chemdawg and og kush, made me fall in love right away, especially the chem. My grow i just left was all chem and og hybrids. Now i gotta reassimilate some of these strains at my new spot.
You are a god damn hero in my mind, i remember reading that the chemdog family is the strongest family of pot. Without you and the dogweed grower and chem none of this would be. We all owe ya one. Now i gotta go smoke some....:thank you:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Props joe-brand :respect:

thanks for stopping by IC and laying down the facts!

like frankenstein2 said, if it weren't for you, the grower, and chem we wouldn't have any of this! We really do owe you one! thanks so much... everytime I find a bagseed in some dank, I just think... oh shit, I got the next chemdawg in my hand... lol

can't wait to find that special one someday... I will try to spread it far and wide like you and chem did... once again mad props! and :respect:

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very kewl Joe...I'd like to just throw a few twists in for the sake of chems as i wil agree I do dig Chems as a Line on its own...and truly I view them and they hit me as a turbo Skunk type line really..and not a SSk but something very powerful...
point being Chem = very complex...almost super complex IMO and was a great hyb/and or discovery...
my other prob with the OG connection is..in the 2k OGKush spree I saw allot of OGs..the MkUltra and SOL hybs..f-gens, s1's..bla bla...MkUltra, LACon, the cuts claimed to be OceanGrown, Oger and orig OGkush..
Now whats a trip is yes I'll agree almost all OG lines Ive ever tried related...but they only got real excessively spicy when grown "Rich-Hot"...so I do understand the differential folks talk on..but its not the same...I low feed...flav and profiles are perfectly clear on most under Top Shelf conditions..and I'll agree all these Lines are very worthy and Top Shelf quality when grown correctly indeed...
Im def not trying to say anything and really just stating my feel by what Ive enjoyed....I'd almost bet Loomps is a DWD/OG hyb..and he got it as something labeled "OG"...cause the whole idea of its name is what threw me...
if it sis OG..then why was it named Headband...cause the orig Headband is just that..a Effect Profile...not a Form...
and these guys can talk diff cuts and forms all day..If effect profile is a Kush then its not a Skunk...whether it has ball buds and smells Skunky or not...lots to nit pic is needed to but to wide..

as said...I'd love to see anyone pull a Diesel or Chem from a true OG...never happen...cause OG is at least a Kush hybrid...but I'll bet I could pull a Diesel from that 91 Chem tho...
where is the DNA marker work for all this?...isn't that done yet?,...heh..
can I ask then...whio made these?....and when?...any ideas out there?...
TrainWreck x Daywrecker-Diesel(headband) < the hband ref's to the DWD end..not the TW...and as said..DWD = HBand as their somewhat 1 in the same...the whole name game..but it also has to do with more then forms..its really about effect and smell/flav profiles...which should not vary as much as form...
unless you can get a BBerry to taste like a Chem...and if thats the case I'd check the method as well as it just might not be genetically bound....
FOE20

mack 10

Veteran
Chem's Sister
picture.php

on flush.
mack

mack 10

Veteran
@ foe 20, never heard of #Trainwreck being in the Headband/Day wrecker Diesel) before but I spose the clue's in the name,lol
Chem's sister
picture.php

mack 10

Veteran
last one.,
Chem's sis
picture.php

Big ups JB and chem for keeping and spreading the dank. The UK is very grateful:mad:)
Peace out!
mack.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im with that Storm bro....and some folks know whats up with the OGs as well...theres 2 lines...1 OG and the 2nd that involved G4Ms LemonThais...
easy way..ask THseeds what their orig OG was like....or breeder Steve...that will tell most what they need to know..and prob distort what they been told the whole time if their under 35yrs old or so...heh.....that seems to be the latest cannabis generation gap....eesh..

hey Mack10...its not....your reading it like that..thats not the outline..DWD was a parent as was the TW in that "Hybrid"...thats Hybrid outline bro...so not sure how your seeing it...

Anywho the point to that was, that "Hybrid" that was Made quite a few years ago...and the rub is..D#1, or DWD aka HBand was round a while before TW and OG and Chem lines,...so where those claims...yo wont find them..and then theres a huge gap and all types of new doc's that ppl date back 15yrs?...sorry it dont happen like that..and if it does you gata do it better then that...
guess it matters where you were and who you know to...
ok..so same req...pull a Chem from a OG...won't happen...not if that OG is a true 1...
Im just talkin direct so ppl that are neg repin me must be a bunch of children cause I dont talk on shit Im guessing about on avr....
Im standing on backs of real Cannabis Lines..not breeders or chuckers...so have at it...
and Ive been playing long enough myself to know..at times its not a game anymore...so lets not play kid games...Im being pro and civil..please lets be that way and respect the Lines and the folks involved..In no way am I discrediting any Lines...Im only saying how they relate to Myself and open public forums are just for that...
why is that a prob?...is it a name claim to a Person?...or a Line that was held from Us?...
I'll be in and out of this scene soon enough cause it is the spider 'Web ala Net"...so enjoy all of it while ya can...
but for CannaGods sake..don't get caught in it...peace
FOE20