What's new

The Chem family

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have the cut and i definitely agree that the white streaking on the leaves is not TMV, its some kind of variegation that shows up much more frequently when the plant is hungry or rootbound. if a plant is growing really well and happy then it will almost stop happening altogether. ive heard some say that it is connected with Mg deficiency which may well be the case.
the trait can also pass genetically and ive seen it on some crosses like C4D

but despite that the D is some ponging dank weed for sure!

VG

Noggone

Well lets face it; the chems and diesels didn't drop down from mars; they are most likely just from dutch seeds. And they didn't come from some big breeding project with someone growing hundreds of plants and then selecting; you can't do that in the US with the laws.
I think if people knew their history then a lot of the mystique around them would evaporate; lets face it, Skunk x AK 47 doesn't sound as romantic as Ocean Grown Kush or East Coast Sour Diesel.

M

MrSterling

The Dutch have done far less than they're given credit for. The above post was ridiculous and another example of why we shouldn't waste our time arguing about plant anscestries we can't tie down due to lack of actual information. I can spend all my time speculating that my family is of Persian ancestry, and maybe if I tell it enough times the neighbors will believe it, but at the end of the day we're still mutt Americans and all I really know is what we are now. Same for the pot, its like a mutt American, you're better off appreciating it in the now than try to figure out what it's made from.

JJ-NYC

Well lets face it; the chems and diesels didn't drop down from mars; they are most likely just from dutch seeds. And they didn't come from some big breeding project with someone growing hundreds of plants and then selecting; you can't do that in the US with the laws.
I think if people knew their history then a lot of the mystique around them would evaporate; lets face it, Skunk x AK 47 doesn't sound as romantic as Ocean Grown Kush or East Coast Sour Diesel.
Chem Dawg came from Dutch seeds? I don't think so. Let's face it, we lead the world in genetics and always have. All good Dutch strains came from where? The US, the early building blocks of Dutch strains Haze, Skunk, NL, and a few others. Now it's Chem Dawg, Sour, OG and anything else that's good. Nobody's is as passionate for weed and work under more difficult laws. The Dutch mix tobacco with their weed because "it's too strong". LMAO. If you know your weed history you know the early travelers of the hippie hash trail brought back seeds they collected while looking for the best hash in every country they visited.They brought the seeds back to Cali. and grew them out and bred them. Most of the strains mentioned above came from those seeds collected from hash and weed producing countries. This is where I beleive the Chem Dawg originated from, maybe from some remote mountain area of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, or Nepal. Dawg seeds were found and grown in Colorodo. Pollen from a male or hermi slightly pollinated a weed harvest that was sold. Chemdog bought some of this weed, found the seeds and the rest is history. It's just speculation but the most likely scenario.

Jbonez

Veteran
Chem Dawg came from Dutch seeds? I don't think so. Let's face it, we lead the world in genetics and always have. All good Dutch strains came from where? The US, the early building blocks of Dutch strains Haze, Skunk, NL, and a few others. Now it's Chem Dawg, Sour, OG and anything else that's good. Nobody's is as passionate for weed and work under more difficult laws. The Dutch mix tobacco with their weed because "it's too strong". LMAO. If you know your weed history you know the early travelers of the hippie hash trail brought back seeds they collected while looking for the best hash in every country they visited.They brought the seeds back to Cali. and grew them out and bred them. Most of the strains mentioned above came from those seeds collected from hash and weed producing countries. This is where I beleive the Chem Dawg originated from, maybe from some remote mountain area of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, or Nepal. Dawg seeds were found and grown in Colorodo. Pollen from a male or hermi slightly pollinated a weed harvest that was sold. Chemdog bought some of this weed, found the seeds and the rest is history.

Thx.

Noggone

Chem Dawg came from Dutch seeds? I don't think so. Let's face it, we lead the world in genetics and always have. All good Dutch strains came from where? The US, the early building blocks of Dutch strains Haze, Skunk, NL, and a few others.

Bullshit. Sure you guys started it off with your close proximity to south america, and all the good columbian and mexican coming down.
That's where you got your genetics from to breed Skunk, Haze and Calofornian Orange from.
But then the Dutch overtook you; with their laws at the time they could breed feilds and greenhouses of plants and select the best, something you Americans couldn't do.
Why were all the early seed breeding companies Dutch? Name me one early American seed breeding company? And there aren't any to this day. Rez was just a closet grower, grew plants in his closet and called himself a breeder.

This is where I beleive the Chem Dawg originated from, maybe from some remote mountain area of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, or Nepal.

Bullshit; and when did the hippies bring these seeds back from the hippie trail in India and Afghanistan? In the sixties and seventies.
And how long have the chems and diesels and kushes been in existence? About two years.
If the chems ect had been in exsistence back in the sixties and seventies then you would bet that sam the skunkman would have been working with them.

And look at the reports on here about your "elite" american genetics, the chems, diesels, cushes, granddaddy purps etc.; how many reports do you see here saying they always hermie?
Way more than any other strain. So they are definately not well bred.
And how long have american being buying dutch seeds? For at least the last 25 years.
This is where all the american genetics come from now, not brought back by hippies from afghanistan or india, or from mexico or columbia.

A

Alone

I just took like 18 cuts of GDP x Chem D and the stalks smell like old dirty socks.
The bottom leaves have that tie-die look to them, and some near the tops.
I would assume the pheno I have is Chem D dominate?

Galactic

Re: The Chem family

I think all we can say is smell is chem d dom, have still seen other growth characteristics go either way with most poluhybrids

M

MrSterling

Chem and Diesel and Kush have only been around two years? That's news to me. This shit is ridiculous. Done with this joke genealogy game you kids want to play.

You guys wanna waste your time arguing with whats probably some fifteen year old Dutch kid with a hardon for seed banks go ahead. I learned a wise lesson here on the IC though. "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you by experience."

vapedg13

Veteran
Bullshit; and when did the hippies bring these seeds back from the hippie trail in India and Afghanistan? In the sixties and seventies.
And how long have the chems and diesels and kushes been in existence? About two years.

hahahaahhahaha ...2 yrs???

I have had my cut of C4 for 5 yrs and the guy I got it from had the C4 for a few years before he gave it to me

Have had my cut to ECSD since 2005

the original OG Kush been here from more than a decade since the 90s...... Can you say talkin out your ass :)

JJ-NYC

But then the Dutch overtook you; with their laws at the time they could breed feilds and greenhouses of plants and select the best, something you Americans couldn't do.
Why were all the early seed breeding companies Dutch? Name me one early American seed breeding company?

If the chems ect had been in exsistence back in the sixties and seventies then you would bet that sam the skunkman would have been working with them.

And look at the reports on here about your "elite" american genetics, the chems, diesels, cushes, granddaddy purps etc.; how many reports do you see here saying they always hermie?
Way more than any other strain. So they are definately not well bred.
And how long have american being buying dutch seeds? For at least the last 25 years.
Wow! your information is so wrong it makes you look foolish. Do your research. Sam The Skunkman had the first early American seed company Cultivars Choice? He bred and sold Skunk#1, Hindu Kush, Afghani#1, and Haze. He brought those strains over to Amsterdam where it was easier to work. The Chems and Kush have been around since the early 90's, maybe they have been around for you only about 2 years because you are a newbie and know nothing. What you think most American seed companies want to advertise what they do? There are many now with all of the laws changing. Have you grown any of our American elites? You only dream of it. Most elite clones were just found in seeds(usually found in top notch bag weed) that were grown out and have been pased around for many years. Dutch seeds were good in the late 80's and early 90's with Neville and Sensi making many great strains available. But since then most Dutch companies haven't had shit. Yeah we've been buying Dutch seeds for 25 years because we've had no other choice, but not anymore. That's why the Dutch are all chasing American strains.

B

BasementGrower

if chemdawg found a REAL MALE in the 13 seeds.. then doesnt that mean that it more likely would of been a Hermi Male.. because if we are looking at this as being a ACCIdental Hermi Pollination to create S1.. then we are going to have to say the MALE he found was not full male Right? ... or if he did find a Real Male.. doesnt that mean the pollen that made the seeds would have had to come from a Male? not a Hermi?

im just interested in how this strain came to be.. because i have a bagseed plant going at the moment.. thats been amazing.. and i wana start hitting it with pollen.. and i am going to try to Self it. with CS.

B

BasementGrower

500bucks for a oz back 20+ years ago... i dont think so...

well the story is 20 years old lol.. im sure its been changed by some1.. just like wen in school wen ur really young. they do that thing were they pass a story around the room.. and by the time it ends up at the end of the line.. its the complete opposite story then wat the first person heard? ....

lol but anyways.. im sure honestly.. if it was that good.. he probably did pay around that.. kuz if it was cheaper honestly.. then y wouldnt of chemdawg said fuck it.. and got more then 3 zips all together.. ? 500 for 1.. 800-1000 for 2..
there was this shit i bought a little off a family member about 15 years ago.. and he was getting it for 500 a zip.. it was the most greasy sticky stinky skunky buds ive ever seen .. and i got a gram that i had to keep in a jar.. and u could still smell the shit.
there is some weed being grown out ther that people will pay ANY PRICE its just that good.

jm420

Veteran

thats the stupidist thing ive heard today

JJ-NYC

if chemdawg found a REAL MALE in the 13 seeds.. then doesnt that mean that it more likely would of been a Hermi Male.. because if we are looking at this as being a ACCIdental Hermi Pollination to create S1.. then we are going to have to say the MALE he found was not full male Right? ... or if he did find a Real Male.. doesnt that mean the pollen that made the seeds would have had to come from a Male? not a Hermi?

im just interested in how this strain came to be.. because i have a bagseed plant going at the moment.. thats been amazing.. and i wana start hitting it with pollen.. and i am going to try to Self it. with CS.
Yes he did find a male in the first batch of seeds he popped. That would suggest a male was present at sometime. If that Dogbud was grown from seeds and not from clone it is possible a male threw some pollen before being culled out of the garden. It would be also the reason why there are so many different Chem Dawg varities.

Heres mine a day before transplant and then flower. [says Real Chem d btw]

Awhile back now i was browsing through mack 10's chem d thread and saw the one i had was different to his! Mine had more vigor and grew more tall & slim,like the impression i get from the pic above my post.
Found out mine was the sister version.This one is off the tye die plant you see there.Smells great [when rubbing the stem] meaty/bbq LOVELY :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts