What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Charas Thread

hom

Veteran
picture.php

A lady from Parvati valley and her hard working hands.

picture.php

Here's some of her finished product. T'was tasty but not as tasty as the cream that was made last year. Below is a pic of some aged charas from Grahan village, the black balls in the background were from Tosh. Super tasty smokeables.

picture.php

You mentioned shiva sadhu.you do know that shiva is the god of destruction right? Just seems wierd to have shiva in a thread about cannabis

Destruction of evil, perhaps. Shiva plays many roles in the Vedas. Shiva is the celebration of dance, the destroyer , right? Well in western terms we have heard it as " you must build to destroy." This is the yin and yang of Hinduism. Easiest way to explain it I guess. Shiva is very symbolic and holds many of these attributes/messages. Ganja is a part of Shiva's introspective process, this to remove the "destruction" of the mind. This is symbolic to the third eye on his forehead. We must remove all the tendencies and distractions of new world. This is sannyasin. There are many ways to interpret Vedas. I don't know Sanskrit , this is what I have understood based on my experiences!

PEace

:peacock:

Last edited:

txuck

First pictures charas and polen from Nepal,,,
Second pictures hash from kerala ( india)
Last Machapuchare

I prefer polen in Nepal , more tasty,,,,

agur

Attachments

• IMG_6849.jpg
    IMG_6849.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 50
  • P1000467.jpg
    P1000467.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 40
  • P1000844.jpg
    P1000844.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 37

hom

Veteran
First pictures charas and polen from Nepal,,,
Second pictures hash from kerala ( india)
Last Machapuchare

I prefer polen in Nepal , more tasty,,,,

agur

Hey Txuck....looks like we use the same dealer....hahaha

picture.php

ganja4mama

You mentioned shiva sadhu.you do know that shiva is the god of destruction right? Just seems wierd to have shiva in a thread about cannabis

Shiva is the god of Destruction as well as Creation :ying:

A characteristic of Sadhu ritualism is their utilization of marijuana (known as charas) as a form of a eucharist in line with their worship of Shiva....

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Frenchy needs to come back to ICMAG

Frenchy needs to come back to ICMAG

There is no Indica in the Parvati valley that I have seen and I spend 8 seasons making chars in the Parvati and Malana valley. Never saw an Indica

^^^
This gentleman needs to come back to ICMAG.

I think I will contact him and request his presence here, a forum that has a true respect for traditional Hashish, Charas in particular.

That being said,
thank you to the members that have contributed to this wonderful thread.
:tiphat:
:thank you:

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Thanks Sirdab, you are right I do belong here and will try my best to keep up
It is my honor Frenchy, :tiphat:

Thank you for the response, traditional Hashshishins are in abundance here, and your knowledge in this area will be a great asset to this community.
Edit: Frenchy, when you have made 50 posts here, you can then do a lot more stuff, i.e,
Private Message, put your now globally recognized Avatar up,and give out rep.

Again, your experience in this realm of cannabis would be extremely appreciated over here.

Last edited:
I do not microplane and this one was so sticky that I could literally not touch it. I stretched it half a dozen times a day to get it to dry evenly, it took 2 weeks.
Sorry guys that was not Charas pics let me create an album for my Hymalayan souvenirs

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Frenchy!!!
Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures.

I think you are going to love it around here my friend.

Respect,
[sd]

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Frenchy do you sieve or microplane at all? Or just let it dry naturally in globs?

Looks great.
Sorry to answer on Frenchy's behalf...

I learn everything I do with ice water hash from him, so I dry from his teachings.

Remove as much water as possible, then chop thoroughly with dull knife.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It is easy to freeze dry anywhere you have electricity, even in jungles that are 100% humidity and hot as hell.... Its called sublimation.
-SamS

I had to look up a new word Sam and I don't get the connection with freeze dry
Sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase. Sublimation is an endothermic phase transition that occurs at temperatures and pressures below a substance's triple point in its phase diagram. The reverse process of sublimation is desublimation, or deposition.

At normal pressures, most chemical compounds and elements possess three different states at different temperatures. In these cases, the transition from the solid to the gaseous state requires an intermediate liquid state. Note, however, that the pressure referred to here is the partial pressure of the substance, not the total (e.g., atmospheric) pressure of the entire system. So, all solids that possess an appreciable vapor pressure at a certain temperature usually can sublime in air (e.g., water ice just below 0 °C). For some substances, such as carbon and arsenic, sublimation is much easier than evaporation from the melt, because the pressure of their triple point is very high, and it is difficult to obtain them as liquids.

Sublimation requires additional energy and is an endothermic change. The enthalpy of sublimation (also called heat of sublimation) can be calculated as the enthalpy of fusion plus the enthalpy of vaporization.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I had to look up a new word Sam and I don't get the connection with freeze dry
Sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase. Sublimation is an endothermic phase transition that occurs at temperatures and pressures below a substance's triple point in its phase diagram. The reverse process of sublimation is desublimation, or deposition.

At normal pressures, most chemical compounds and elements possess three different states at different temperatures. In these cases, the transition from the solid to the gaseous state requires an intermediate liquid state. Note, however, that the pressure referred to here is the partial pressure of the substance, not the total (e.g., atmospheric) pressure of the entire system. So, all solids that possess an appreciable vapor pressure at a certain temperature usually can sublime in air (e.g., water ice just below 0 °C). For some substances, such as carbon and arsenic, sublimation is much easier than evaporation from the melt, because the pressure of their triple point is very high, and it is difficult to obtain them as liquids.

Sublimation requires additional energy and is an endothermic change. The enthalpy of sublimation (also called heat of sublimation) can be calculated as the enthalpy of fusion plus the enthalpy of vaporization.

Sublimation is how freeze drying works.....
Try it, you will like it, it makes water sift resin very very dry. And stops any damage from the moisture in the resin. Water hash resin then feels like dry sift, if the water hash is freeze dried and kept away from humidity.

-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts