What's new

The Budologist's 2012 Organic Outdoor Grow

Hey everybody, just joined this site recently and wanted to share with you guys, and gals, my outdoor grow for this year.

To give you a bit of history about me I'm a 23 year old medical marijuana patient in California, I've been growing for 5 years now, mainly outdoors, and have recently been diving into the world of indoor growing.

I don't grow for a living, or to get rich, I grow for myself and my family. I work 40 hours a week, and do this for a hobby.

You can usually find me in the Subcool's Old School Organics sub-forum at rollitup.org under the name Budologist420, or on youtube (same name Budologist420) for all my video updates.

So this year I'm growing at the house I live at with my girlfriend and family, and next door, at her grandfathers house.

The Girls Next Door.

Here's the spot next door..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We roto tilled in this list of ingredients into the ground, loosely based off of Subcool's Super Soil Recipe.

9 bags of Roots Organic Soil
7 bags of Vermiblend soil amendment
2 bags of worm castings (definelty gonna get a few more bags)
2 bags of Mushroom compost (gonna get some more of this too)
5 bags of supersoil amendment
4 bags of supersoil compost
3 bags of steer manure
3/4 of large bag of perlite
44 lbs of seabird guano
5 lbs of high phosphorous bat guano
15 lbs of blood meal
10 lbs fish bone meal
20 pounds rainbow grow with myco's
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We then took at least 200-300 gallons of used Roots Organic potting soil from last years outdoor grow and roto tilled in.
picture.php

There are two more spots that I'm lucky enough to grow in this year.

Behind The Shed

And The Garden, both spots are in my yard.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm only allowed to put one plant in this garden because my girlfriends father, who owns the house I live at, doesn't want to many plants this year.
picture.php

Here's a couple of shots of all the plants when they were going through the selection phase, these photos are from February to April/May.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Before I go any farther I wanna give a huge shoutout to my boy Nugbuckets from rollitup.org. He has forever changed the way I will grow plants.

Check out his thread on Main-lining at rollitup.org

http://www.rollitup.org/subcools-old-school-organics/542308-main-lining-thread.html

"Main-Lining"

definition. a form of training and managing canopy for cannabis.....to build a "hub" off of a single node creating a "manifold" for equal energy distribution from the root mass to the growing tops.

....it really is that simple....i am sure it has been done before, and a lot of folks do it, and probably even has a name, but I just call it "main-lining".....my theory being, on a plant from seed, if all branches came off of the same node on the trunk, they should all get the same amount of hormones and nutrients ...or energy, from the root mass.....like building a "hub"........make sense? I am all about an even canopy, of very similar sized stems, and colas.....like green lady soldiers lined up ready to kick ass and take names......no weak ones, no runts, no spindly ones.....just all solid and consistant......

.......so if they all come off the main stem, like spokes on a wheel, they should all be pretty much the same.....right?

I encourage everyone to check out the entire thread. Nugbuckets is a changing the game people!

These are the beginning stages of main-lining for my girls.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Couple more shots of the girls being main-lined at the beginning of the year

Couple more shots of the girls being main-lined at the beginning of the year

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ok enough about the main-lining

Ok enough about the main-lining

So at the end of April we got 5 girls planted Behind The Shed
picture.php

A.) Gonzo Genetics LD50 (Aliendog x Ripped Bubba)
B.) Gonzo Genetics LD50 (Aliendog x Ripped Bubba)
C.) TGA Subcool seeds Timewreck (Bloodwreck x Vortex)
D.) Gonzo Genetics LD50 (Aliendog x Ripped Bubba)
E.) Gage Green Genetics Grape Stomper OG (Grape Stomper x Joeseph OG)

If anyone is interested here is the link to the Aliendog x Ripped Bubba thread

http://www.rollitup.org/breeders-paradise/495322-aliendog-x-ripped-bubba.html

This is the Aliendog mother
picture.php

Thanks again Gonzo!

Well its getting late and I have work tomorrow, there's a lot of catching up I have to do so I can get you all up to date on where were at now.

Stay tuned, Peace, Keep it green and most of all Keep it lit!
picture.php

-Bud

I can't see a single picture, man. Too bad, it sounds like you have some nice things going on.

Sorry about that, all the pics should be working now. Had to upload them to this site, I was trying to encode them from another site and that's why they didn't show up.

G

guest8905

dang you just dropped one nice ass thread

thanks for sharing with icmag!

subscribed for sure....

vape on!!! im vaping too

dirrtyd

so you made it let them see what you got. dirrtyd go to the organics section and read some stickies good stuff. dirrtyd

growbig789

thats a really cool garden you got going on there.. all the training you've done is pretty impressive, pretty cool how in the one pic you can see the multi branches off the trunk and base. your plants are lookin pretty happy, nice job (saw the pics you posted on the other thread first)

thats a really cool garden you got going on there.. all the training you've done is pretty impressive, pretty cool how in the one pic you can see the multi branches off the trunk and base. your plants are lookin pretty happy, nice job (saw the pics you posted on the other thread first)

Thanks for following along!

Alright at this point, in My Yard, we put a female Timewreck seedling into a nice big hole that was dug out and then filled back in with one wheelbarrow full of Sub's Super Soil.'
b0e3e7a8.jpg

This was the only plant that my girlfriends father, who owns the house I live at, would let me put in the fenced off garden area, so in Total we have 6 plants at this point at My House, this Timewreck, and the 5 plants Behind The Shed.

We had some legal issues around this time and we couldn't get The Girls Next Door into the ground until the second part of June. Very upsetting for me but I'm happy that we at least were able to plant these plants at all.

Here's the first video I made when we got them in the ground next door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQp2-0e9hI&feature=player_embedded#!

At this point we only had 7 girls in the ground next door, but that would change very soon.

These pics are from July 11, 2012.

In total we planted 12 plants in the ground Next Door

A.) pre 98 Bubba x Querkle
B.) pre 98 Bubba x Querkle
C.) Querkle x Agent Orange
D.) Alien OG
E.) LD50
F.) Grape Stomper OG
G.) LD50
04965fcf.jpg

2 more pre 98 Bubba x Querkle
c2bb968c.jpg

Plant to the lower left is Romulan and upper right is pre 98 Bubba x Querkle.
5c01650b.jpg

and last but not least this Purp went into the ground as well.
086f9f65.jpg