What's new

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been reading ..the Vital Balance .The life process in mental health and illness....Great book written by Dr. Karl Menninger....It discusses how people react and deal with issues in everyday life......great insight into why people act they way they do, and the coping mechanisms people use to overcome stress and lifes challenges ...I love psychology...

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im reading Stephen Kings new book 11/22/63, Its freakinn awesome! cant put it down, if any of you are SK fans you will dig the shit outta this book!

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
Hey Mrs.B,

Saw this on the bookshelves yesterday, any good???

What can you spoil for me, do they dig into the truth behind the jfk assassination?

Peace. Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

C

chase

I like the grapes of wrath , i've read it over , & over.I like all kinds of books though , everything from Steven King to Tony Hillerman.

S

shush

Im reading Castaneda's book #4 atm....Love it:blowbubbles:
picture.php

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Eckhart Tolle - A new earth. "The realm of consciousness is much vaster than thought can grasp. When you no longer believe everything you think, you step out of thought and see clearly that the thinker is not who you are."

This book will transform your way of thinking. Very enlightening a must read

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mrs.B,

Saw this on the bookshelves yesterday, any good???

What can you spoil for me, do they dig into the truth behind the jfk assassination?

Peace. Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Hey Afro, its really good, I have learned alot about the history leading up to that very sad day. I was too young when he was assassinated and dont remember it, this makes it all come to life for sure! SK has a way of drawing you in making you feel like you are there, at least thats how it is for me. If theres a Costco near you, they sell books for about half the price of any other store Ive seen. I buy most of my books there.

NPK

Recently finished "Even Silence Has an End" by Ingrid Betancourt. It's about the six years she spent in the jungles of Colombia as a captive of a guerrilla group called the FARC. She tried to escape twice, very nearly succeeding both times. That woman has bigger stones than any man I know. Nonfiction but reads like a thriller. Incredible book!!

I read around 80 books last year. Shame that I can't remember the names of most of them though. I know I read a lot of Stephen King novels, The Stieg Larsson Millenium Series and a 2,000 page philosophy books by some of the works from the greatest philosophers through out history starting with Socrates. As of this year I can't say that I have read as much. Most of my time that I have been spending reading books have been reading college textbooks which only totals maybe 10 books for this year. Kind of sad in comparison compared to last year.

G

guest 77721

I just finished reading "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson

It's based on Timothy Leary's 8 circuit model of consciousness and may change the way you look on life after reading it.

Wilson makes lot's of references to various historical philosphers, writers and religions. If found it a unique experience to use Wikopedia to pull up a biography or a topic in parallel to reading the book.

I'm looking for the Illuminatus! Trillogy by Wilson. I had read the first book a number of years ago and never did find 2 and 3.

1and1

Check out "Already Dead: A California Gothic" it's a serious heady whirlwind, so many times I was just blown away by the prose, it's electric. It's got a little MJ gardening in it too.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Murder City: Ciudad Juarez and the Global Economy's New Killing Fields by Charles Bowden

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand

R.Fortune

stussy22

*Currently reading*

Acid Dreams by Martin A. Lee & Bruce Shlain and loving it.

*Just Finished reading*

DMT The Spirt Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D. Very informative a lot of factual information here. Trials and documentation done through the process.

Nader

Veteran
I've got these four going on simultaneously, they are happy taking turns:

The Complete Works of Charles Fort
Mineral Nutrition of Higher Plants
The Unknown Craftsman
The Diamond Cutter

Latest posts

Latest posts