What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Book Thread - What You're Reading & Everything Book Related

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
flubnutz said:
hey mo, you like that grow guide the best, or is it just the one you happen to have?
I deffinitly like it the best, I have a couple other ones that are good too, cant remember the titles and I lent um out, but Jorges is shittin on um.

Kizzattack

Richard Dawkins' The Selfish Gene

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking

Operating Systems: Design and Implementation by Andrew Tanenbaum.

Trying to get hold of a copy of Flim-flam by James Randi, exposing psychics (Uri Gellar, for example), techniques used by cold readers like Colin Fry and Derek Acorah, tarot cards and other "supernatural" phenomenon used to make money by deception.

A read by James Randi that I found especially interesting was his book called 'The Faith Healers', exposing Peter Popoff, W.V Grant etc. as frauds. These faith healers are usually evangelical Christians exploiting the faithful for money at the cost of human life. There are videos on Youtube showing James Randi's work too. A real interesting guy.

Lets keep this thread going!

Orangecrush

Just picked up Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins. This guy is pretty fucking out there. His writing is amazing, but his ideas are just way out there.

U

ureapwhatusow

I havent read in a very long time

last time I was reading heavily I was on a big heinlein kick

trouble

Veteran
I just finished "The Nine" Inside the secret world of the Supreme Court. By Jeffery Toobin.

I would highly recommend it to anyone thats interested in knowing more about each of our individual Supreme Court Justices that we no little about yet, have enormous power over our lives in America.

Last edited:
D

DrKong

reading Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey: by Chuck Palahniuk

some mentions that i approve of
-Freakanomics: learned alot good book!
-Own and wear out the bindings of all 3 cannabibles daily
-1984 is a classic
-Enders game(read all 7 books but now hate the author so can't recomened, he's far right wing!)
-Zombie survival guide(kept next to my bed at all times for night time escape!
-The dispossessed(saw some anarchy books heres another one for ya)
-A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking(the basic primer to astrophysics w/ pics!)
-Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury (epic! my fav book)
-All resident evil books (zombies=fun!)
-Dune(original)
thats all i can think about right now.

B

Bean Curd

How the Mind Works - Steven Pinker

Schulz and Peanuts - David Michaelis

SemperAltus

What Books Are You Reading?

What Books Are You Reading?

Well im sure most of you mugs read books, since we have a what are you watchings,eating, and listening to thread figured id add a what are you reading thread....

so what are you reading?

Im currently reading

DMT : the spirit molecule by Dr. rick strassman and
The German Generals talk by B.H. Liddell Hart

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
i started the celistine sp prophacies sp a little while back but put it down. i am now reading THE Game which is pretty good.

Kizzattack

Richard Bransons autobiography and Dragons Den Success: From Pitch to Profit.

Branson talks about his early experiences with smoking weed and how a joint cost him a very expensive record deal with a band. I didn't expect to see the mention of weed in this book, so it made it far more interesting when I was reading stoned.

Last edited:
i just finished nikki sixx's book, "the heroin diaries". Wow, it was intense to read his innermost thoughts while he was all strung out. if there was ever some anti-junk literature.....thats it right there. Nothing else on deck yet, im waiting for the new RA salvatore book to be released late in october.