What's new

THE BLACK HAZE AKA DA BLACKS

G

Greyskull

so is this the same cut of "the black" the cubans are holding crazy ransom for?

i recently heard from a close CLOSE friend (operates a few hydro shops dude knows his plants & grow skills are superb) that a buddy of his was owed some favors for helping out some cubans, so they paid him by giving him a cut of this "the black".
My friend went to check on the progress.... the room dimensions were 20x20, had 8 750w HPS, 4 plants per light. the guy growing the plants is a very busy broker with not a lot of time to dedicate tothe grow op, and he still managed to get 19lbs. 12 weeks flower. it wasn't 19lbs of super duper conni smoke, but it was trich'ed out and stank, and easily movable.

is this the plant ya'll are speaking of?

G

Greyskull

the cubans aren't "working it"... they are simply pumping it out.

the plant I was told is a crazy "alien" like yeilder.... with bottom colas the size of the tops....

I am not seeing "alien" yeilds... pics looks breat but I am not seeing the enormaous yeilds I was told the Black the Cubans have...

maybe my friend saw a different plant... or its just also called "the black"....

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
tha black haze..b4 tha chop.............
picture.php

picture.php

thats what i meant.

the yields are def above average. most people hang the lights high because of the stretch and they like dem buds super fluffy. majority of the setups ive seen have little to no maintenance. just a trim job before the flip

asher1er

Veteran
how did i miss this thread?:fsu:

she sure is nice smoke when grown properly, now i would admit ive never tasted her passed 120. keep her around i'll have some room for her again shortly:joint:

bigherb

Veteran
twX lp
in soil sounds delicious that must be a mindbender crazy exotic lemon taste

whose cross is this

redeye057

money mike thanks for keeping this thread going in my abscence ...been going threw a lot, but i know we all are..but finally some light and the end of the road ...black haze seeds in development..they are going to be femenized at first due to the strain being clone only..i can only cross my fingers and hope it doesn't effect the strain in any negative way..i will be updating my progress...

jah bless and guidance too all..

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
ive also trying my damdess to match her myself..........don't think i can do it,but i gave the black to jjnyc...maby X her to a nigerian haze?oh the possibilities.........there are a couple more in the bloom room...so im guessing when these are made i will be growing a few out to check myself.....i have a couple selfed bean's myself......so.....................

GetMedicated

I really hope you guys have success stabilizing this cutting. grew up in fla and the black haze was the the standard haul back then. I miss the unique haze taste and the killer expanding smoke that can be a bong dropper for some.

hope you get some seeds released, I'd love to pop some.
maybe find a male to dust my Love Potion with :)

P.S. anyone ever seen this girl in Cali among us prop215 ppl?

redeye057

mike im also going to cross the black haze with nl haze maybe it might match up well ..we will see..hope everything stays popping on your side ..bless..

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
money mike thanks for keeping this thread going in my abscence ...been going threw a lot, but i know we all are..but finally some light and the end of the road ...black haze seeds in development..they are going to be femenized at first due to the strain being clone only..i can only cross my fingers and hope it doesn't effect the strain in any negative way..i will be updating my progress...

jah bless and guidance too all..

Gwan Rasta let us how it turned out. I was wondering if they were any jamaican sativa blood in the black haze? maybe some LAMBS-BREAD??!! :biggrin: .......Who knows.......

Give Thanks.

toohighmf

Veteran
The "black" is a south florida strain of a mystery columbian purple haze x NL#5. It is by far the heaviest yeilder I have ever seen. It produces 1 pound colas. I've seen 100lbs off 30 lights/plants indoors. It all goes to NYC. I used to live in WPB and had hooks for that stuff in N Miami, southbeach & as high as WPB. It's decent smoke for such a heavy yielder. When grown right it can have serious bag appeal. Unfortunately when the bottoms weigh a 1/4p, you gotta cut up colas into baggable sizes. Interesting strain. Grows in anything with any soil/substrate w any fert from 300ppm-1300! Ph don't matter with her either. If you fuck up you finish in 9 weeks, done right takes 11-12 weeks. Can't wait to see your finished gear, bro!

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before today!! I have smoked the "Black Haze" for over 10 years!! I know a crew down in South Beach that have been runnin' that strain and another called the "The Candy" which is a favored pheno of S.S."Chronic" strain for like 4 Eva!LOL. They call it the "Pound" plant cuz they Vegg it for 2 months plus and only put like 1 or 2 under each lamp and get a P per plant. Atleast thats what I've been told. I'm just so "OVER" Haze that I can't even begin to explain! Growin up in NYC the first steady supply of HighGrade I had access to was "Haze" aka "Piff". I don't know why, but it had NY in a choke hold for what seemed like 4 Eva! That is untill Diesel stepped on to the scene. Anyway my point is I have smoked waaay too much Haze in my day and prefer smaller, faster, more manageable Indy/Sat crosses. Hey Redeye or MoneyMike or anyone else in the know have you ever had the "Ghani" that sometimes shows up in Fl.? Had a friend bring me some back in the late 90's and I couldn't believe it came from Miami cuz they normally had "Black Haze", "Super Silver Haze", or "Candy"(Chronic) then sent a strain I had previously and since then only find regularly in Detroit or Houston/Dallas Tx. Oh BTW I agree with the guy who said "Krippy" is just another generic term for HighGrade herb. Just like they say "Chronic" in Cali, or "Piff" in NYC when referring to any Haze strain. I have been shown everything from Beasters to Kush in SouthBeach all with the same name "Krip" or "Krippy"!LOL
!