What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Bio-Osmo-Coco Hempy Experiment

Tomatoesonly

One thing about Osmocote, is even they say you can use up to 3x too much and it shouldn't burn. The current formula is 2 tspn per gallon. So for you, 3.5 gallons, normal feed would be 7 tspns. With the organic stuff you added, it's gonna take time for the biosphere to get established and start breaking it all down. Oganics are generally known for NOT burning, but 1 cup is 48 tspns. According to their feed chart that is correct. In theory you didn't really overload it.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Moon shifts into Leo this afternoon, so the Experiment is nearly finished.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

She has been getting ph 5.8 water only for the last 10 days.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
She got 2ml per gallon CalMag every other watering from the point when she landed in that bucket. Just before flush started she got 1/4 tsp Epsom per gallon of water at each watering for about a week.

StickyBandit

Hey @FletchF.Fletch , looking good bud (y)
I was wondering if you could offer me some advice?
I was thinking of adding calcium and magnesium to my daily watering in my coco grows and I was wondering what you might recommend? I noticed you added 1/4 tsp Epsom per gallon of water
I don't want to add any more N to my current Mills Basis nutes and rainwater under mostly LED's
Thanks

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Thanks @StickyBandit !!

There is a Nitrogen free Flowering CalMag from Grow More. 2% Calcium, 1% Magnesium.

I wonder if a tiny tablet of a Calcium supplement from a Vitamin Shop could do the trick. Bottle of 60, plop in 1 per gallon or something?

Working in some Lime or Gypsum to the Coco would do it too i bet.

StickyBandit

Thanks @StickyBandit !!

There is a Nitrogen free Flowering CalMag from Grow More. 2% Calcium, 1% Magnesium.

I wonder if a tiny tablet of a Calcium supplement from a Vitamin Shop could do the trick. Bottle of 60, plop in 1 per gallon or something?

Working in some Lime or Gypsum to the Coco would do it too i bet.
Do you think a teaspoon of dolomite lime could be added to the watering can? I thought of just trying it but I don't want to ruin any grows :p I suppose I could just try it on a sacrificial clone :unsure:
Sorry to hijack your thread, it looks like you had a very successful experiment :)

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Everything came down last week. Will post some finished nugs and reflect on the experiment in the coming weeks.

For now the Tent has been claimed by a Franco's Lemon Cheese (from Greenhouse Seeds) growing in a 60l / 15g grow bag of recycled Organic Soil. Waste neither time nor space.

image.jpeg