What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best technology of LED lightining at moment 2020

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Yeah i use the meanwell lpc 150 2100 ma drivers and they each draw 120 watts at that.. they are impressive how well the plants absord the light from them and yeah the far red is great it heats the leaves just right but never burns them or bleaches, it has enough uv as well and ive had nugs grow to within an inch or two with bleaching so somehow the energy is well tailored to photosynthesis and plant health..

Ive seen bleaching alot more with the samsung diode strips and boards and i suspect its the more unnatural spectrum as they arent tailored horticulture spectrums.

Heres a pecan pie with some other ladies around her.. shes very big and happy in org soil, one week in flower under about 240-360 watts of sunplus.. yield is also great under these.. this room has about 1200 watts of them covering 6 big plants..

20201011_190055.jpg

bleepboop

Aha you've certainly made me want to break them back out again someday. That sounds very well thought out. And a nice modular way of powering them.

Dug out some photos from the rose rounds:
(Apologies for the lack of thumbnails)

picture.php

picture.php

Durban thai x Boggle Dragon x Goji

picture.php

Snowhigh high voltage f3

Dion

Oh yeah! Glad to see someone utilizing far red other than 730 for emerson effect. Will these be made available somewhere?

Yeah maybe probably

I've been doing a lot of market research through the forums and eBay the last 6 months.

Unfortunately I can't actually turn a profit selling the best stuff ... Sadly the market is basically cut in two

Those who know WhatsUp and build leds
Those who know nothing but have bought into the hype

So to make sales gonna have to get the know nothing kids

That means gotta be Samsung diodes lh351h and yeah looks like 730nm

eyesdownchronic

Yeah maybe probably

I've been doing a lot of market research through the forums and eBay the last 6 months.

Unfortunately I can't actually turn a profit selling the best stuff ... Sadly the market is basically cut in two

Those who know WhatsUp and build leds
Those who know nothing but have bought into the hype

So to make sales gonna have to get the know nothing kids

That means gotta be Samsung diodes lh351h and yeah looks like 730nm

Interesting, this is sad to hear. led market seems broken with all the false claims and prices all over the place.

Dion

Interesting, this is sad to hear. led market seems broken with all the false claims and prices all over the place.

Yup sad indeed

I did hook one guy up who had recently been diagnosed with incurable cancer

He bout a 240w model

So I pimped it up with all kinds of goodies including 2 bars that are on separate drivers so he can run a veg space coz he didn't even know he needed to

Plus the usual suspects 620,660nm, and some IR:bis:

That's been the best part of 2020 for me

eyesdownchronic

Yup sad indeed

I did hook one guy up who had recently been diagnosed with incurable cancer

He bout a 240w model

So I pimped it up with all kinds of goodies including 2 bars that are on separate drivers so he can run a veg space coz he didn't even know he needed to

Plus the usual suspects 620,660nm, and some IR:bis:

That's been the best part of 2020 for me
hell yeah

What would be your price point for the 240w?

I think my cookie sheet LEDs are the best LED for home use you could possibly buy.. light dispersion is amazing and the results are out of this world... I have yet to see anyone match this with any commercial product

the key is even coverage and this is where properly put together LEDS can kick ass ..I have 12 LED panels over a 12' x 6'9" canopy ..the growth is insane, the plants are happy and I'm only drawing a little over 2000 watts and best of all seeing well over 8 lbs if fine trimmed proper dried bud per crop...I actually think I am going to see over 10lbs in the next crop

chilliwilli

Waterboy
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=528651&thumb=1]View Image[/url] I think my cookie sheet LEDs are the best LED for home use you could possibly buy.. light dispersion is amazing and the results are out of this world... I have yet to see anyone match this with any commercial product

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79033&pictureid=1912155&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hey man very impressive results you got there:yummy::biggrin:

With cookie sheet led u mean diy? Or is this a brand?

Thx chilliwilli

And to add context.. I do think HID are easier to grow with, LED require more finesse and for there was a steep learning curve, mainly learning to run the room hot enough for the LED to work. I also found the LED took a little longer to fully ripen the plants and that once ripened the rosin production is indeed better under LED. Currently I am growing with multiple spectrums in each panel 5000, 2700, 3500 and several panels with mixed spectrums.. this is my first pheno monocrop with these lights so I will be able to better tell how each panel acts . As a long time HID grower I couldn't be happier and as far as I'm concerned there is no way I could get anywhere close to this level of performance with any existing HID system

My room is long and narrow with a 7' ceiling .. room is 6'9" wide and 16' long , my canopy is wall to wall on the 6'9" and I run it just over 12" with a few feet at the end to work and place fans etc.. with HID the ceiling was too low to get nice dispersion and the room volume was soo small the lights needed to be air cooled.. at peak I ran 4000 watts air cooled single ended HID in a row down the middle... it weighed a ton and the best I could see was 5lbs , but only if everything ran perfectly.. in a larger more open shop setup we often could hit the 1 gram per watt with 100 watt single end HID but my rooms shape and small volume didn't allow for it..

Now for a home grower these LED panels made out of cookie sheets are absolutely genius and will outperform anything else you can buy, bar none.. even if other lights have fancier diodes and prettier spectrum graphs simply due to the fact they are able to saturate your plants with quality light more evenly then single point fixtures ever could as well they offer you unlimited adjustment to your canopy. Have 2 tall plants , no problem, raise 1 panel..leave the other 11 where they need to be, now with that being said these SolSheets aren't slouches either, they use quality diodes and are among the most efficient lights out there ..the only drawback is cost.. its a pricier setup that requires a little more setup and work but its capacity to produce bud in confined spaces is absolute unreal...basically I turned my entire ceiling into one continuous light

Sunshineinabag

Led

Attachments

• IMG_20201025_070959.jpg
    IMG_20201025_070959.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20201025_071015.jpg
    IMG_20201025_071015.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20201025_071018.jpg
    IMG_20201025_071018.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 42
Hey man very impressive results you got there:yummy::biggrin:

With cookie sheet led u mean diy? Or is this a brand?

Thx chilliwilli

I have early version DIY LE light kits from Photon Solutions called the SolSheetX... they are based off big cookie sheets and have a illumination foorprint of 2' x 3' ..which in my 6'9" wide room is perfect ..I have 12 panels in 2 rows of 6 .. they are feather light and are hanging from 1/2 copper pipes I have run along the ceiling. each panel is rated to 250 watts but I run mine with a 320 driver split between 2 ..though I do have one on a 255 and another on a 185 , but I have them turned back.. last time I checked I run a combined wattage just over 2000 watts ..though I should check tonight for reference ..I am able to grow 4z plants like nothing and have several breaking over 5z , My previous crop was a seed test so lack of uniformity limited outcome but it was still about 9lbs from 36 plants . This round I have nearly all of one proven Guava Hash strain that was well over 4Z and produced over 25% rosin ..I have 42 plants...34 Guava Hash x C99, 6 doc Holiday x C99, 2 SPP ( Sweet Pink Pussy ) ...By the look so far having 40 4z plants doesn't seem unlikely so I imagine this one should be a new record for me
:dance013:... FYI I started growing back in the very early 1990's, so this isn't my first rodeo.. and believe it or not I use simple 3 part GH. a little Calmag, drip clean and from time to time a little shot of Nitrogen.. over the years I tried everything under the sun and finally realized that environment and consistency mattered far more then what brand of food you feed them..GH because where I am its the only one you can buy at a hardware store if in a pinch.. lots of other good products but availability and consistency isn't as good.

I'll do a timeline shot next, I need to upload some more photos...this will give you a idea of the growth rate of this setup

Growth from Sept22 till Oct24

Growth from Sept22 till Oct24

These plants were flipped to 12/12 on Oct 4..I'll see if I can find the picture

Sept 22

Oct 11

Oct 19

Oct 24

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And to add context.. I do think HID are easier to grow with, LED require more finesse and for there was a steep learning curve, mainly learning to run the room hot enough for the LED to work. I also found the LED took a little longer to fully ripen the plants and that once ripened the rosin production is indeed better under LED. Currently I am growing with multiple spectrums in each panel 5000, 2700, 3500 and several panels with mixed spectrums.. this is my first pheno monocrop with these lights so I will be able to better tell how each panel acts . As a long time HID grower I couldn't be happier and as far as I'm concerned there is no way I could get anywhere close to this level of performance with any existing HID system

My room is long and narrow with a 7' ceiling .. room is 6'9" wide and 16' long , my canopy is wall to wall on the 6'9" and I run it just over 12" with a few feet at the end to work and place fans etc.. with HID the ceiling was too low to get nice dispersion and the room volume was soo small the lights needed to be air cooled.. at peak I ran 4000 watts air cooled single ended HID in a row down the middle... it weighed a ton and the best I could see was 5lbs , but only if everything ran perfectly.. in a larger more open shop setup we often could hit the 1 gram per watt with 100 watt single end HID but my rooms shape and small volume didn't allow for it..

Now for a home grower these LED panels made out of cookie sheets are absolutely genius and will outperform anything else you can buy, bar none.. even if other lights have fancier diodes and prettier spectrum graphs simply due to the fact they are able to saturate your plants with quality light more evenly then single point fixtures ever could as well they offer you unlimited adjustment to your canopy. Have 2 tall plants , no problem, raise 1 panel..leave the other 11 where they need to be, now with that being said these SolSheets aren't slouches either, they use quality diodes and are among the most efficient lights out there ..the only drawback is cost.. its a pricier setup that requires a little more setup and work but its capacity to produce bud in confined spaces is absolute unreal...basically I turned my entire ceiling into one continuous light

Spot on, distribution and distance are key when growing under LEDs.
1000w distributed over a larger footprint will always yield more than in one singe spot like under HID (or big LED fixtures for that matter)

CC

roybart

@[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]oldschoolnitro I did the same and for the same reason. Even light across the canopy[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://learnsativa.org/lux-to-par-calculator/ if this is correct I am getting [/FONT]778.80 ppfd/umol/s/m2
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is at 8 inches from the top of the girls. I can let it go to 4 inches without giving the girls sunburn.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leaf temperature stays close the ambient temperature.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Maintaining [/FONT]vapor pressure deficit my biggest hassle, but I have got a handle on it. I run one humidifier on the light cycle @ 50% the other runs the off cycle at 65% That's
for winter ..
As for the lights I use a half cookie tray and whatever the cheapest/most lumen 6500K modules LED I can find. I am not concerned about single LED failure a can afford to lose a few..LOL. As the price goes down and watts go down its 30 minutes to refresh a tray with new LED's As I run them at 12 volts, they are not being even close to overdriven.
Again if that calculator is close more umols will only lead to nute issues ..

The best part nice clean light to see what the girls are doing. No noisy fans

Down side, you have to check every 2 to 3 days for canopy height. If I have to travel I have some Quatam HLG's Which I can string up high and be good for a week

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Today i want to talk about the most good technology in the world of LED.

Some people are looking for efficiency but organics farmer are AWAYS looking for the closest representation of lights that are most similar with our natural sunlight.

And know we have the lighting to people who are looking for high quality !

Because a lot of people are just considering efficiency as if that was the most important thing but we know the connoisseur dont give noting to efficiency they are aways looking for quality because that they chose organic.

And now we have the lighting that simulates the sun light ! 5000k CRI97

CRI97 have an huge big scores in R9 >93 most of those normal lights of cri80 have an very low R9 scores >50.

R9 are one of the most important parameter that arent considered when we are talkin about CRI RA.

So the best technology for those who are looking for the best representation of sunlight is SUNLIGHT LED

https://ibb.co/k1NTLKFView Image

View Image

While these lights are good, but if you intend to duplicate mother nature, seeds are germinated in the spring (cool white light), then as they age, the season/sun changes hue and then again changes hue in the fall cool/cold weather harvest

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah!!!

Where U been man!?!!

welcome to the party!

I've also been watching the high CRI trend and @horsefatlover educated me a but more on what exactly is

Im not sure if the minimal bump in the Reds justify loosing overall flux... I guess U sacrifice total photon output for allegedly better photons?

But I guess that is the ongoing spectrum debate, no?

The UV side of it is harder to achieve than just adding a few red monos though , U seem to know ur stuff mate
Any more info and experience is appreciated

How much UVB (300-315nm) do the higher CRI put out in average?

EXHIBIT A: CANNACOASTLED

using higher flux 5000k BXEB GEN 2 with added 660/620nm cree xpe...

View Image

EXHIBIT B: CANNACOASTLED

3500K 90CRI BXEB GEN 3 as well

View Image

[

View Image

SHAMELESS PLUG :rtfo:

Why only 6 reds AND all in the center? I can see 2-3 between each strip