What's new

The Best Grow Ever!

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Well... my best grow ever! This will be my first grow where I actually did some planning and got amendments for my soil. I just got my amendments in the mail, I'm too 'cited!

At the moment I have one Purple Widow and one Mexican Sativa popped.

Purple Widow

Mexican Sativa

It ain't much to look at now but much potential awaits in these little packages of mirables. I'll either be popping more of the seeds I already have, or ordering different ones, I'm going skitzo with all these decisions.

Keep your eyes peeled like bananerpussies.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i loves me some mexican sativa, just the right stuff to make your day fly by, literally lol

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Definitely interested in seeing a Mexican finish. I've grown them outdoors in Central Cali.,but never invested enough patience to see one finish.

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
To clear up any confusion this is Sensi's Mexican Sativa, which is an Oaxacan x Durban x Pakistani.

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
This is gonna be a nice one to look at. Im tagged and ready for the action. Keep those pics coming as u move along Canna

Stoned Crow

If you bought amendments and you're going to amend your soil, I have no doubt that this will be your best grow ever. It's impossible to add amendments to your soil without thinking how it will affect your plants and soil, you always seem to learn more and come up with more questions using this method.

I like the fact that you're growing some Mexican Sativa. I just put some Mexican Sativa into some 3.5 gallon pots. I ordered these seeds through Gypsy or Doc C about 3 years ago. I can't remember what company produced them, either Serious or some company that starts with an S...

Keep us posted and good luck!!! SC. :pimp3::pimp3:

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I just mixed 'er up, the diversity in amendments is fuggin dopesauce.

2 Parts Coco Coir
4 parts Pro Mix BX
2 parts earthworm castings
2 parts perlite

Per gallon:

1/4 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
1/2 TBS Alfalfa Meal
1/2 TBS Soybean Meal
1 TBS Kelp Meal
1 TBS Greensand
1 TBS Azomite
2 TBS Tennessee Brown phosphate
2 TBS Dolomite Lime
3 TBS Humus
1 tsp Sea90

Funtip: if you use a blender to break up your guano, soak it in a little water for a bit beforehand so it wont throw a straight injection of shitdust into your lungs. The resulting soup looked like fucking disgusting ass diarrhea.

Here she is all mixed up and ready to go. Well not totally ready, she's gonna baste for probably a month. Why am I calling the soil a she?

Here's the lid, not that it's gonna be on anytime soon. Peep the label.

C

CT Guy

I just mixed 'er up, the diversity in amendments is fuggin dopesauce.

2 Parts Coco Coir
4 parts Pro Mix BX
2 parts earthworm castings
2 parts perlite

Per gallon:

1/4 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
1/2 TBS Alfalfa Meal
1/2 TBS Soybean Meal
1 TBS Kelp Meal
1 TBS Greensand
1 TBS Azomite
2 TBS Tennessee Brown phosphate
2 TBS Dolomite Lime
3 TBS Humus
1 tsp Sea90

Funtip: if you use a blender to break up your guano, soak it in a little water for a bit beforehand so it wont throw a straight injection of shitdust into your lungs. The resulting soup looked like fucking disgusting ass diarrhea.

Here she is all mixed up and ready to go. Well not totally ready, she's gonna baste for probably a month. Why am I calling the soil a she?

Here's the lid, not that it's gonna be on anytime soon. Peep the label.

Are there any holes in the container so the soil can get air?

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Are there any holes in the container so the soil can get air?

I'm leaving the lid off and stirring it often. Plus there's an unintended lil crack on the bottom.

The pic with the lid on it was just to show off my award winning MS Paint skills.

Lisdexik

I like your style. Kinda wierd how similar your mix/ammendments are to mine :laughing:

It's all about sativas - can't wait to see this cannaexists :smoke:

Lisdexik

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Kinda wierd how similar your mix/ammendments are to mine
Well that's what I like to hear. :dance013:
what is the humus in your mix? do you mean humic?

Click for large.

Sorry Captain Chiz, your chips will have to wait for another day.

UUUUUUUPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTEEEE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Another Mexican Sativa sprout has found its way into the litter. Her name is Melanie. (pictured below) The other Mexican Sativa, by the way, is named Amora.

And also the Purple Widows name is Spinarak. Look how happy she looks, she's holding her arms up in gratitude.

I forgot to mention that I also feed my plants music. Here's the trio recieving musical bliss pumped through their rootzone.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Quote: "I forgot to mention that I also feed my plants music. Here's the trio recieving musical bliss pumped through their rootzone"

That's funny,in the old days people actually did this quite a bit. They ran experiments with different types of music,of course their own personal favorites were always the music which the plants performed better under. Most leaning toward the Pink Floyd Grateful Dead Classical side of the spectrum. I've done it,nothing noticeable from my short lived trip on it.
EDIT: Is your music organic man?

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I just finished a mexican bagseed sativa. It didnt look very sativa but stretched about x3.5-x5. Not only that but i was 14 weeks into flower and the buds still came out way too immature! its sad that i harvested an o and a half that could've easily been close to double that. Patience is a virtue with sativas, and moody roomates are not good for patience...

good luck on your grow, wish you the best.

Capt.- If i were you i'd stop eating the humus, and start ating the hummus, i imagine it would taste a lot better:yummy::biggrin:

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Is your music organic man?
Damn you raise an interesting point. I play them beats I make on my keyboard and well, synthesized sounds are the chemical nutes of the music world. I better go back to the drawing board.
I just finished a mexican bagseed sativa. It didnt look very sativa but stretched about x3.5-x5. Not only that but i was 14 weeks into flower and the buds still came out way too immature! its sad that i harvested an o and a half that could've easily been close to double that. Patience is a virtue with sativas, and moody roomates are not good for patience...

good luck on your grow, wish you the best.

Capt.- If i were you i'd stop eating the humus, and start ating the hummus, i imagine it would taste a lot better:yummy::biggrin:
I'm not sure where it came from but the last schwagseeds I grew turned out to be some fine ass bud. Inspirational, fresh, life warping beautiful highs. I've got some schwagseeds soaking right now actually. The mystery element of growing bagseed is.... uhh, well its mysterious. And mysterious is fun.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Damn you raise an interesting point. I play them beats I make on my keyboard and well, synthesized sounds are the chemical nutes of the music world. I better go back to the drawing board.

I'm not sure where it came from but the last schwagseeds I grew turned out to be some fine ass bud. Inspirational, fresh, life warping beautiful highs. I've got some schwagseeds soaking right now actually. The mystery element of growing bagseed is.... uhh, well its mysterious. And mysterious is fun.

The great thing is i live in the tropics and we get a large variety of sativas from different countries and you can usually tell where they came from. Jamaican is usually fluffy, green, less seedy and is usually marketed as mids. Mexican is usually darker, much more packed and is brick otherwise called regs.

I had bought a QP prior to my last grow and decided to try a seed out of 300 i pinch tested. Turned into a very nice plant, i just wish i could've waited till it was done. my last grow was all bagseed. One from mids, one from regs and one from chronic. Ended up being two indicas and one sativa.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran

This should be fun,every aspect of it. I'd say if you're manifesting what is happening from an organic source of thinking,then even the keyboard can produce an organic vibe and in turn feed your energy to have that symbiotic relationship with the plant,soil,and everyone that gets to puff the stuff that energy created. Just a thought.

Latest posts

Latest posts