What's new

The "Beer" Fridge...

C

CTSV

Good looking work, Suby. I am very familiar with your work over in the "organic thread". :joint:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hey dude :pimp3:, I like to keep it organic and sustainable.
The nice thing is I now have space to work the soil and brew more teas in this setup.
I smell and DIY cab project in the near future, all I need is a table saw...
:asskick:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those buds look sick suby!
great job and thanks for all the tips on organics.
youve helped me and others more than u know :D

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I owe everything I know to my online family.
I got my start with OG but ICmag and it's growers have really helped pull my shit together.
The members here and my friends from the organics forum have really taught and shared alot of valuable info with me.
I always feel like it's a team effort and am glad when I can pitch in and help.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hey JJ,

I am smoking some right now and it has that distinctive Skunk taste, it`s a very thick smoke with hashy undertones.
None of that lemony or berry tasting shit here, this is a manly smoke.
I vape mostly but this batch I`ve been rolling most of it, it`s too yummy to vape.
I think you where right on the $ when you said they could have gone a little longer.
I smoke my stash starting with the small stuff and work my way into the larger top nugs.
The difference in taste and especially high in the more mature top nugs is stellar, there was very little curing to be done.

I have 8 of the Hashberry x G13 seeds you gave me growing like mad despite 60ish temps, we have had -30C temps and that doesn`t include wind factor so I`ve delayed flowering until I can build another cabinet.
! got 100% germination on all your seeds so far without pre soaking of sprouting between towels :joint:.

Temps hold up fine while the lights are on but as soon as I hit lights out the temps get too low and the clones stall, I could heat the garage hotter but it`s alot of $ for a small cab, the new box will be 8ft x 3ft x 4ft high, that should well worth the money to heat.
On the flipside my wife is ecstatic that her car is toasty warm...
A long horizontal cab will allow me to use the heat from the veg section to keep the flowering side warm...at least that is the plan :).

The cab itself hasn`t changed much except for a computer fan I rigged and I bolted the light to highest point in the cab to allow for use of the steel wire shelves that came with the fridge.

I have ALOT of small plants going, 3 (hb x G13) of which are flowering at my alternate indoor grow project, they are doing very well, total nute hogs so I got a little premature yellowing but they are still on track.

My keeper from my first run survived reveg and is bushy and wanting to be cloned, I am salivating at the idea of SOG that pheno in the new cab, I can hit 1gpw easily IMO.

Cheers to all that are following the show and anxiously awaiting new episodes.

:hotbounce:

Last edited:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started 12 of the G13 3 days ago and all broke ground. I never presoak either. Right into seedstarter soil, 1/2 in deep. I also put 2 seeds per peatpot and I'll leave them both until sexing. If ones a male I'll kill it then.....

I also love the hashy strong taste of bud. I'm not a fan of the fruity stuff either. I guess I crossed the right ones...

I bought one of those oil filled heaters for heat in my cab. They run very cheap. Now I see these new fangled heater that supposedly run for 10 cents an hour, but they are 399 dollars.

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
They have sort of the oldschool water radiator type heaters at Walmart for ~60$, I've seen them in operation and they really crank out the heat and are efficient ...suposedly, I can hook that up to a thermal switch in the flowering section.

If I can make this cab thing this type of heater will go on one end, feed through the veg chamber and into flowering, I'll use some computer fans to circulate with my Elicient hooked up the a scrubber in the flowering end of the cab, it's all about being lightproof with this new cab, so airtight and stealth.

Plus with this new cab I can substitute the heater for AC during the summer months, I am thinking of getting some T5 High Output bulbs and fixtures in there and use a 400W HPS, I will have 10ft2 to cover.

I tried sprouting some in paper towels and after less than 2 days they had very long shoots, that had never happened to me before and nearly lost some so I figured fuck it, straight into my half coco half Promix mic they go.

I have ALOT of closet fuck seeds from the first run in my alternate grow spot, they sprouted like crazy too, so far they look very similar to their parents, 1 is flowering out right now and looks pretty solid.

Last edited:
L

LymphNode

I've considered using a fridge as a stealth grow room. My issue, like what Freezerboy has brought up before, is that people will open a fridge without thinking. Locking a fridge is super sketchy, at least in my opinion. Then again, if you were to write it off as an expensive liquor collection or something to that end which requires a lock on your fridge, then you have something going for you here.

Love the buds, great grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts