What's new

The Awesomeness of Marijuana

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Clearly the vast majority of people here have a strong liking of marijuana for various reasons. I thought it might be interesting to see some of the reasons people think so Highly of our beloved weed. There's no particular format it doesn't have to encompass the totallity of why you think marijuana is awesome. You could include all if you want or just one particular aspect, it's up to you.

I'll start with this. I'm currently thinking marijuana is pretty awesome because I'm in an unplanned dry spell due to some pm problems I had in the grow room last crop. I don't really have any sources I can readily get anything from and I'm too poor these days to buy any so I've had to get by while my next crop is growing, as best I could. Now this happened to me last year for a different reason but at the time I had the trim left over from my previous crop to hold me over. Well this time I didn't have even that so I had to turn to some really old trim tucked away in the back of a cabinet in a plastic container. This trim is easily 3 if not 4 years old and was also heavily dry sifted. I noticed though that alot of the leaves still had a fair amount of visible resin and so in desperation I began smoking that and while it's not as good as quality bud it still packs a pretty potent punch for 3-4 year old trim. I think that's pretty awesome.

draztik

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your dry spell. I've had some long ones myself recently and have turned to smoking resin which is disgusting. I would suggest making that trim into edibles to hold you over long enough. I think of how awesome a nice fat joint of some finely grown and cured herb is after smoking resin and trim for weeks.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
For me: Cannabis saved my life, pretty much. I was struggling with asberger's and tried getting high to escape from reality, and it pretty much made me feel normal for the first time in my life. It was medicine from the very beginning for me. I have never stopped smoking since then.

jayaregee

with my job, sheesh, mylife in general, im under tremdous amouts of strees, and my body is constantly sore from MMA, so for me Weed is amazing, helps me get out of my mind for a bit and relaxes my sore and bruised body so i can knock out at the end of the night....

circadian clock

yea, i have all types of physical and mental disabilities and weed just makes me remember its not what i cant do its what i can do. plus stress relief is a big one.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
For me it is how my brain reacts to it. Upon the very first experience with it, my brain said "feed me, FEED ME!" . . . so I kept feeding it.

Keeps it more quiet and well behaved I've found.

jumping-brain-green-1.jpg

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
because it draws a line in the sand...

it has real power in this world for good and if you look back through history at who called for drug laws and who killed indigenous peoples that practiced plant medicine for body and mind you will find the same people perpetuating the drug war today(just with shiny new names) and cannabis is just perfectly awkward for them to get around on many levels..

so good with so few draw backs,, so harmless to produce, so useful, so productive and often still causing ego death eventually just like the other plant teachers..

it makes people actually want to grow plants which is a miracle in itself and thesedays if something doesnt have a joystick on it or a touchscreen people dont care.. my mum always said they were prepping the next generations for warfare and fast hand eye coordination and look where we are now with drones and the technological state of the army,, come to think of it, ever see that film "toys" ?...

and it has a power on a higher level because, to use a crude metaphor, it means the camel doesn't give a shit how much the straw on its back weighs.. and that is really dangerous for governments that want to know that when they say jump their cattle jump in the air.. so it means that when the fine balance between peace and chaos is tipped they don't get the response they expect and that is not what there job is, so ganja is the enemy.. so are peyotes and shrooms and lsa or ayahuasca etc they aren't controlled..

its dionysian spontaneity, the ritual, the shared offering people getting together to trip,, its older than planet worship.. and it only serves to enlighten and heal.. just good vibes..

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Weed is wonderful!

It cured my grand mal epilepsy.. The magic weed cured skin cancer spots on my face and help my psyche in so many ways. It allowed me focus that my aspergers did not and allows me time out everyday to do nothing but think, imagine and let my mind drift which has opened up my whole life for me really. Wow, Mary Jane has been one of my best friends and I have had a whole short lifetime of warm memories and influence..I just can't seem to remember them all. This was the first plant I made friends with and I am so happy I made that choice! I live a dream propagating rare specialized plants and endangered trees for wholesale, in paradise, for a living. I'm enjoying fishing and surfing in the most beautiful places in some of the best spots possible in my spare time doing what I love and living my dream and it is all that weeds fault. It opened my eyes and sparked the interests that have taught me my skills that I now use to feed myself and heal myself. Weed led me to a hippy that told me a long time ago that money grows on trees( Not even talking about weed). This was contrary to what I'd been taught and quit my job which I hated and went looking for investors, 2 years later I was supplying vegetables to supermarkets from 6000 m2 of greenhouses. That was a long time ago, thank weed. Yer AWESOME.
I now make a living off growing trees literally and it is all because of a joint and some good chat a long time ago. Bom Shiva!

Weed wasn't a gateway drug for for, it was a gateway for my spiritual and intellectual development. That shit made me think about shit!

SetHeh

Cannabis saved my life: when I was in high school I was very depressed and I seriously contemplated committing suicide. Then one day my buddy offered me a joint ... and it changed my whole perspective on life.

Nowadays, I use it against anxiety and occasional pain in my knees, although I don't deny that it's also very fun to use it. :)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your dry spell. I've had some long ones myself recently and have turned to smoking resin which is disgusting. I would suggest making that trim into edibles to hold you over long enough. I think of how awesome a nice fat joint of some finely grown and cured herb is after smoking resin and trim for weeks.

I thought of that but there are two problems, one it wouldn't last me long enough if I did that and two I don't really care for the effect I get from ingesting marijuana. It mainly just puts me to sleep. Plus this being 3-4 year old trim it's already pretty couchlock material to start with, making it into edibles would really amplify that. If I suffered from insomnia I might consider it but otherwise I'm just not really an edibles kind of stoner. Thanks for the suggestion though I can see you were trying to be helpful.

Easy7

Veteran
I havent used in two years but I still think weed is awesome. Its not a gateway drug, I used L before weed. I think weed tastes awesome and smells great, feels pretty darn good too!

Most of all its fun to grow and kept me from suicide for years!

Thurston Howell

MaryJaneismyfire, your story is inspirational to me! For those of us still on the treadmill of an unsatisfied life, you describe nicely just how wonderful life could be!

Botanist Prime

Since you asked... Cannabis IS awesome!!! about 8 or so years ago (Im 30 so i was 21-22 something like that) I loved all kinds of drugs. I mean, i did it all... in very large amounts... stupid, i know. Anyway, I had taken things too far when i didnt sleep a week prior to a 4 day music festival that I had attended sanely for only about 8 hours, thats when the cheese slid off my cracker... lost my mind but still had a dream like grasp on reality Doctors called it "drug induced phychosis", well really it was about 7 days without sleep and lots of drugs, the rest of the music festival is a different story for a different time.
I made it back home from said festival I was bruised and battered with leasions cuts annd scrapes all over mt body. I was immediately taken to the hospital by my parents and medically cleared to spend the next 72 hours in the local nut house... the physchosis remained and got worse... id be discharged from the nut house and find myself in neighboring towns slamming the emergency shut off button at the gas station and trying to stop busses with my mind....right back to the nut house id go....(again a whole otheer story)
so this whole time since a week before the festival i hadnt smoked any cannabis at all. I was crazy as a bat, but i could gather enough thought process to tell everybody that what i needed, was some weed! None of my friends wanted anything to do with me and surly wouldnt smoke with me.... utill one person did, by all means this person was a complete stranger that i had crazy talked into giving me a ride home. i asked him if he smoked weed, he didnt say a word he just packed up a bowl and lit it up, thank god... he passed it... I lit it...it was some sweet sweet chiba We finished the bowl he dropped me off at home, i said thank you, and went inside my house still dillusional from the physchosis but stoned to the bone. I didnt have the desire to spout out all of my crazy nonsense...it made me... feel better. It slowed down my thoughts to a speed i could recognize. A couple days later a friend finally came through and started smoking me out a little bit.... slowly the fog lifted and i could think clearly again, and not make a complete fool of my self everywhere i went, could hold a conversation with anyone it seemed...
A little over 4 months by this point, smoking cannabis everyday... i got a job at a pizza place and was back on my way to sanity... got some new friends quit some jobs got new jobs and i was good...

WEED SAVED MY LIFE!
today im a well socialized individual with 2 dogs a fiance' and a good career, nice house and huge backyard. together we own 3 vehicles. i am an avid fisherman here in south florida, i still party but no drugs just weed and the occasional drunk. i like to travel, garden(inside and out) Im pretty normal as far as im concerned :smoweed: