What's new

The art of pre loading.

XenoCannaLabs

The idea with this post is to show what I've learnt in respect to 'pre loading' and maybe help a few people out with ideas and practices i have great success with. Also with the aim to keep costs to a minimum and make it as easy as possible to produce some nice flowers/resin.

I'm a by no means the inventor of this idea, and all I've learnt has come from books like the Teaming series from Jeff Lowenfels, and people like Charles Dowding and Dragon fly earth medicine, amongst others.

The term pre loading refers to the idea of mixing the right amount of dry amendments into the substrate, to last it the whole flower cycle. The aim is just to use de chlorinated water and a microbe tea mix once/twice a week. I'm trying not to use or rely upon any bottled salt nutrients. This in turn should keep costs down for feeding and also produce a very much organic end product. Along with a few other techniques I've learnt, the cost of growing cannabis is reduced further.

First thing. My pot size is important to consider. In my research, I found some good info and gained some experience regarding pot size. As this directly correlates to plant size in my organic system, and since im indoors this is an important thing to consider. I've used 30,15, 10, 9, and 7 litre pots trying to find the best fit for me. For my situation. 1x1 tents, I like to have Sats/indicas doms, and evenly mixed hybrids and multiple flavours, so there is a lot of varying flower times and frequent crops. Too larger pot hinders this. For me I'm using 7 litres as my flowering pots. This isn't large by any means but works well for me and my space and produces a good sized plant. Of you who have a larger space, I'm jealous, and the principle of pre loading still applies.

Second. Your base substrate needs to be of a high quality. I've mixed my own in the past and had just as much success. U can pick up good quality compost from most garden centres. If u can , make sure u get it from a place that keeps their stock in the dry. Ive personally used Melcourt Organic peat free mixed with as pure peat based compost as u can get. Westland seed and cutting is pure peat basically. Mix the two and you will have a beautiful substrate to grow in.

The only problem I really had was fungus gnats. But a good dose of Nematodes, in combination with sticky traps can keep populations almost to zero. This method is very cost effective, but requires abit of work.

For this post, though, I'll be using Biobizz All mix. It is expensive but I've had very good results with this substrate. I even pot fresh rooted cuts straight into this, with no ill effect. It's pH is 6.2 with an ec of 2.2 so quite a strong mix relatively speaking. The mix consists of, Peat moss, sphagnum peat, perlite and pre mix which is different organic fertilizers, rock meals, trace elements, and fungi. Like I said I've had great results with this product, I'm sure there are other good ones out there too that u can try. Or make up your own mix. For me This is very convenient and of a great quality that I cant fault it. So we have the All mix, according to the bag it has enough feed for up to 4weeks. And that's a very rough number. That fully depends on your environment and genetics. I take that into consideration when adding the dry ammendments. So I go from 2 litre straight to 7 litre in my case. At this point the plant has probably been veging for around 4/5 weeks. Pots full of roots, shes raring to go. I would mix enough dry ammendments into the All mix, to last it till I chop. This process relies on that from the moment the cut has rooted, placing it in a fungal and highly microbial environment, so the plant gets used to that environment and forms the necessary relationships. All mix fits the bill perfectly. High npk salt nutrients stop these relationships from forming though. Its extremely important that the plant forms those relationships ASAP as it is the key to organic growing in a small pot, or any pot for that matter.

Third. The dry ammendments. There is alot out there. I've tried afew. I'll get straight to the point. Charge and palm tree ash. Charge is a biostimulant from Ecothrive it consists of mealworm castings with an npk of 3 2 3. With trace elements Calcium magnesium sulphur and copper. Also beneficial rhizosphere colony forming bacteria and enzymes. The ash is considered an organic and vegan fert with an pk of 1 30. So very potent, u only need a small amount to go along way. It's from guanokalong and they do a whole range that is pretty good. I mixed the desired amount into the required amount of soil and pot up as usual. I then water in. I have plants I crop at 8 weeks and others at 15 weeks. I tweak the amounts slightly depending on crop time but surprisingly not much. The key with longer flowers is using microbe tea and maybe some anaerobic digestate.

Forth. Watering and microbe tea. Maybe the most important. As with all life water is key. Cannabis in ideal conditions grows fast and will drink well. The microbial life, fungi and other soil life needs water to work, so first u need to dechlorinate your water (this is VERY important) as chlorine is NOT conducive to a happy rhizosphere and soil health. I use neutralise from ecothrive. It's often recommended that u let the substrate dry out between each watering. Ive found that u don't want to let it dry completely, especially in an organic systems as this seriously reduces the bio activity. So finding the sweet spot is key.

Ideally your first watering after potting up will be with a Microbe tea, as this really helps get things going. I use Biosys again from ecothrive( them guys have got you covered) It has all that good stuff Endo Myco, Tricho, Bacillus ect. Nitrogen fixing bacteria. The interesting stuff for me is the microbial catalysts and plant growth promoting stimulants. Humic acid, amino acids, enzymes, yeasts, proteins, carbs and seaweed extract. This helps feed the soil life and in turn feeds the plant. Being an annual, cannabis thrives in microbe rich soils so all these things help feed and form microbes and soil life, and help facilitate food production for the plant.

Fifth. Other tips and tricks.
Coco pot toppers. I've been by using these for a while now. By using them the plants roots come right to the surface, utilising all the soil has to offer. Not using the toppers I've found upto a third of the soil can have very little to no roots, especially under intense LED lights. The cover keeps the root zone cool also protecting the rhizosphere and also reduces evaporation. Minimise watering and better use of the water u give it. I make mine from cutting appropriate size pieces from coco liner for hanging baskets.

Anaerobic digestate. (Search it) This stuff is incredible. I use it for every thing in my outside garden too. It's got abit of a stink though. U can get it from alot of garden centres and it's not expensive at all. I use Plant grow. It's full of bacteria and fungi. Great little accompaniment to an organic regime.

Amino acids and Enzymes. I use RAW soluble. Its pricey but as i only use a very very small ammount, the smallest pack last me nearly a year. Adding alittle extra of these ingredients Is useful , but not an absolute must. I've had success with out them. But when I use them it allows the soil to work extra hard, potentially increasing yeild but more importantly effect and flavour.

Reading material. If u are interested in an indepth look at how the soil food web works. Read Jeff Lowenfels 3 part book series. I can't recommend it enough .

Bottled nutes. Like I mentioned above I have used them in the past for both DWC and coco systems. My preferred choice was Genesis. I still might use the micro base now and again in very small amount as its a good produce. The other bottle nutrient I might use now and again in very small quantities is the classic calcium magnesium combo. The emphasis is on very SMALL amounts.

Conclusion
I'm fully aware that trying to mimic growing outside in the earth in a small pot is an almost impossible task. Even with very large indoor beds to create a no till closed loop system, its certainly not easy to create such an environment. This idea of pre loading the soil with organic ammendments, and having a high microbe and fungi population to help break things down and make them accessible to the plant, in my mind engages with a much more ancient and natural processes. This in turn, produces a more natural tasty flowers/resin, and allows in to maximise the compounds present in the end product. This can be done in small pots. I certainly have had great success using this method. I definitely would recommend trying it. Don't get me wrong, I've used salt nutrients in the past and produced some nice flower. I understand the uses and where they can come in very handy. But the flower/resin i grow using an organic regime is of a better quality imo.

I hope I've explained my process clearly and logically. And ive probably explained lots of stuff everyone on here knows but its nice to be able to get this info down and share it. To whoever reads the whole thing, thank you, and if anyone has any questions about what i do. I'll try my best to answer them.. Peace.

20210422_184017.jpg

Amhz

20200423_233654.jpg
20200423_233635.jpg

Blue Jam

20210422_184112.jpg

Sk1
20221227_103948.jpg

Dr Grinspoon

(Talk is cheap, right?
All grown in the above mentioned way)

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The idea with this post is to show what I've learnt in respect to 'pre loading' and maybe help a few people out with ideas and practices i have great success with. Also with the aim to keep costs to a minimum and make it as easy as possible to produce some nice flowers/resin.

I'm a by no means the inventor of this idea, and all I've learnt has come from books like the Teaming series from Jeff Lowenfels, and people like Charles Dowding and Dragon fly earth medicine, amongst others.

The term pre loading refers to the idea of mixing the right amount of dry amendments into the substrate, to last it the whole flower cycle. The aim is just to use de chlorinated water and a microbe tea mix once/twice a week. I'm trying not to use or rely upon any bottled salt nutrients. This in turn should keep costs down for feeding and also produce a very much organic end product. Along with a few other techniques I've learnt, the cost of growing cannabis is reduced further.

First thing. My pot size is important to consider. In my research, I found some good info and gained some experience regarding pot size. As this directly correlates to plant size in my organic system, and since im indoors this is an important thing to consider. I've used 30,15, 10, 9, and 7 litre pots trying to find the best fit for me. For my situation. 1x1 tents, I like to have Sats/indicas doms, and evenly mixed hybrids and multiple flavours, so there is a lot of varying flower times and frequent crops. Too larger pot hinders this. For me I'm using 7 litres as my flowering pots. This isn't large by any means but works well for me and my space and produces a good sized plant. Of you who have a larger space, I'm jealous, and the principle of pre loading still applies.

Second. Your base substrate needs to be of a high quality. I've mixed my own in the past and had just as much success. U can pick up good quality compost from most garden centres. If u can , make sure u get it from a place that keeps their stock in the dry. Ive personally used Melcourt Organic peat free mixed with as pure peat based compost as u can get. Westland seed and cutting is pure peat basically. Mix the two and you will have a beautiful substrate to grow in.

The only problem I really had was fungus gnats. But a good dose of Nematodes, in combination with sticky traps can keep populations almost to zero. This method is very cost effective, but requires abit of work.

For this post, though, I'll be using Biobizz All mix. It is expensive but I've had very good results with this substrate. I even pot fresh rooted cuts straight into this, with no ill effect. It's pH is 6.2 with an ec of 2.2 so quite a strong mix relatively speaking. The mix consists of, Peat moss, sphagnum peat, perlite and pre mix which is different organic fertilizers, rock meals, trace elements, and fungi. Like I said I've had great results with this product, I'm sure there are other good ones out there too that u can try. Or make up your own mix. For me This is very convenient and of a great quality that I cant fault it. So we have the All mix, according to the bag it has enough feed for up to 4weeks. And that's a very rough number. That fully depends on your environment and genetics. I take that into consideration when adding the dry ammendments. So I go from 2 litre straight to 7 litre in my case. At this point the plant has probably been veging for around 4/5 weeks. Pots full of roots, shes raring to go. I would mix enough dry ammendments into the All mix, to last it till I chop. This process relies on that from the moment the cut has rooted, placing it in a fungal and highly microbial environment, so the plant gets used to that environment and forms the necessary relationships. All mix fits the bill perfectly. High npk salt nutrients stop these relationships from forming though. Its extremely important that the plant forms those relationships ASAP as it is the key to organic growing in a small pot, or any pot for that matter.

Third. The dry ammendments. There is alot out there. I've tried afew. I'll get straight to the point. Charge and palm tree ash. Charge is a biostimulant from Ecothrive it consists of mealworm castings with an npk of 3 2 3. With trace elements Calcium magnesium sulphur and copper. Also beneficial rhizosphere colony forming bacteria and enzymes. The ash is considered an organic and vegan fert with an pk of 1 30. So very potent, u only need a small amount to go along way. It's from guanokalong and they do a whole range that is pretty good. I mixed the desired amount into the required amount of soil and pot up as usual. I then water in. I have plants I crop at 8 weeks and others at 15 weeks. I tweak the amounts slightly depending on crop time but surprisingly not much. The key with longer flowers is using microbe tea and maybe some anaerobic digestate.

Forth. Watering and microbe tea. Maybe the most important. As with all life water is key. Cannabis in ideal conditions grows fast and will drink well. The microbial life, fungi and other soil life needs water to work, so first u need to dechlorinate your water (this is VERY important) as chlorine is NOT conducive to a happy rhizosphere and soil health. I use neutralise from ecothrive. It's often recommended that u let the substrate dry out between each watering. Ive found that u don't want to let it dry completely, especially in an organic systems as this seriously reduces the bio activity. So finding the sweet spot is key.

Ideally your first watering after potting up will be with a Microbe tea, as this really helps get things going. I use Biosys again from ecothrive( them guys have got you covered) It has all that good stuff Endo Myco, Tricho, Bacillus ect. Nitrogen fixing bacteria. The interesting stuff for me is the microbial catalysts and plant growth promoting stimulants. Humic acid, amino acids, enzymes, yeasts, proteins, carbs and seaweed extract. This helps feed the soil life and in turn feeds the plant. Being an annual, cannabis thrives in microbe rich soils so all these things help feed and form microbes and soil life, and help facilitate food production for the plant.

Fifth. Other tips and tricks.
Coco pot toppers. I've been by using these for a while now. By using them the plants roots come right to the surface, utilising all the soil has to offer. Not using the toppers I've found upto a third of the soil can have very little to no roots, especially under intense LED lights. The cover keeps the root zone cool also protecting the rhizosphere and also reduces evaporation. Minimise watering and better use of the water u give it. I make mine from cutting appropriate size pieces from coco liner for hanging baskets.

Anaerobic digestate. (Search it) This stuff is incredible. I use it for every thing in my outside garden too. It's got abit of a stink though. U can get it from alot of garden centres and it's not expensive at all. I use Plant grow. It's full of bacteria and fungi. Great little accompaniment to an organic regime.

Amino acids and Enzymes. I use RAW soluble. Its pricey but as i only use a very very small ammount, the smallest pack last me nearly a year. Adding alittle extra of these ingredients Is useful , but not an absolute must. I've had success with out them. But when I use them it allows the soil to work extra hard, potentially increasing yeild but more importantly effect and flavour.

Reading material. If u are interested in an indepth look at how the soil food web works. Read Jeff Lowenfels 3 part book series. I can't recommend it enough .

Bottled nutes. Like I mentioned above I have used them in the past for both DWC and coco systems. My preferred choice was Genesis. I still might use the micro base now and again in very small amount as its a good produce. The other bottle nutrient I might use now and again in very small quantities is the classic calcium magnesium combo. The emphasis is on very SMALL amounts.

Conclusion
I'm fully aware that trying to mimic growing outside in the earth in a small pot is an almost impossible task. Even with very large indoor beds to create a no till closed loop system, its certainly not easy to create such an environment. This idea of pre loading the soil with organic ammendments, and having a high microbe and fungi population to help break things down and make them accessible to the plant, in my mind engages with a much more ancient and natural processes. This in turn, produces a more natural tasty flowers/resin, and allows in to maximise the compounds present in the end product. This can be done in small pots. I certainly have had great success using this method. I definitely would recommend trying it. Don't get me wrong, I've used salt nutrients in the past and produced some nice flower. I understand the uses and where they can come in very handy. But the flower/resin i grow using an organic regime is of a better quality imo.

I hope I've explained my process clearly and logically. And ive probably explained lots of stuff everyone on here knows but its nice to be able to get this info down and share it. To whoever reads the whole thing, thank you, and if anyone has any questions about what i do. I'll try my best to answer them.. Peace.

View attachment 18906925
Amhz

View attachment 18906926 View attachment 18906927
Blue Jam

View attachment 18906928
Sk1
View attachment 18906931
Dr Grinspoon

(Talk is cheap, right?
All grown in the above mentioned way)
Thanks, friend.

XenoCannaLabs

I was scrolling my photos and I found these pics of some bluejam. The first are grown in straight All mix, while the second set are grown in All mix with the above mentioned dry ammendments. Both where treated otherwise the same, and where watered with microbe tea/AD mix.
20220704_230944.jpg
20220704_230940.jpg
20220704_230935.jpg

She looks pretty lovely. All colourful and that but the flower was a fluffy and lack density.
20200423_233551.jpg

20200423_233540.jpg

20200423_233635.jpg

20200423_233654.jpg

Much chunkier and nicer flowers and resin. This lady was about a week to 10days frm finish.
I think the pics speak for them self's and show the benefits of pre loading your pots.

crimsonecho

its all good information bro but tbh you are still using a lot of different bottles. i just use manure guano and homemade ewc.

very rarely liquid kelp and a small amount of fulvic acid once or twice whole grow. i also keep a pot of aloe going so i can use some fresh aloe gel again once or twice throughout the whole grow. so basically the things i buy for a grow is kelp, FA (which i last bought 3yrs ago i think) , manure and guano.

i personally think there is no need to complicate things much. just a lot of root space with regular topdressings grow some dank.
980842F2-F148-4037-A602-4EF4D510239D.jpeg 0ADB2613-E884-4523-A319-86EEF2DF2ED4.jpeg 6EC4E84C-DD79-46C6-AFB7-F1364815294A.jpeg F17D9517-3840-49BB-A1B0-B5EF0D9D0C1C.jpeg

also residual amount of chlorine in tap water cant make a significant detrimental effect to an established microbial colony. all gardeners everywhere use tap water for their garden. chlorine is even a micro nutrient afaik. i’m not sure what it does or how plants use it in what process but i know it doesnt cause any problems in my garden.

as for teas, no ill effects from using them but i rarely brew them anymore. only when i need to somehow reset my soil which i very recently did with the destroyer in the last pic. it was sad and droopy the soil got compacted and anaerobic so i did a flush with .2% h2o2 solution and topdressed then watered with a tea and it bounced right back up.

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Great info you provided here @XenoCannaLabs, pot toppers are in my list, when is hot, water evaporates fast, increasing rh inside the chamber for hours..

Chlorine is really bad for living soil. Maybe not a big deal for Hydro, but in organics it creates bizarre organic mutations harmful for humans. Since organic is more than a medium to get high, I like to consider healthy associations around it. Google people thinks that chlorine will attach to calcium, potassium and magnesium, but it's far from it. It will turn your medicine into poison.
"Chlorination of water rich in organic material is known to produce a complex mixture of organochlorine compounds, including mutagenic and carcinogenic substances." - Koivusalo et al. Cancer Causes Control. 1997

XenoCannaLabs

Great info you provided here @XenoCannaLabs, pot toppers are in my list, when is hot, water evaporates fast, increasing rh inside the chamber for hours..

Chlorine is really bad for living soil. Maybe not a big deal for Hydro, but in organics it creates bizarre organic mutations harmful for humans. Since organic is more than a medium to get high, I like to consider healthy associations around it. Google people thinks that chlorine will attach to calcium, potassium and magnesium, but it's far from it. It will turn your medicine into poison.
"Chlorination of water rich in organic material is known to produce a complex mixture of organochlorine compounds, including mutagenic and carcinogenic substances." - Koivusalo et al. Cancer Causes Control. 1997
Cheers for the comments. Very interesting info re the chlorination of water and mixture of organic material, and scary. I'm glad I dechlorinate my water. Lucky where I live in South UK our water is pretty good, and we also dnt add chloramphenicol either which u can't remove so easily.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
its all good information bro but tbh you are still using a lot of different bottles. i just use manure guano and homemade ewc.

very rarely liquid kelp and a small amount of fulvic acid once or twice whole grow. i also keep a pot of aloe going so i can use some fresh aloe gel again once or twice throughout the whole grow. so basically the things i buy for a grow is kelp, FA (which i last bought 3yrs ago i think) , manure and guano.

i personally think there is no need to complicate things much. just a lot of root space with regular topdressings grow some dank.
View attachment 18944953 View attachment 18944954 View attachment 18944955 View attachment 18944956

also residual amount of chlorine in tap water cant make a significant detrimental effect to an established microbial colony. all gardeners everywhere use tap water for their garden. chlorine is even a micro nutrient afaik. i’m not sure what it does or how plants use it in what process but i know it doesnt cause any problems in my garden.

as for teas, no ill effects from using them but i rarely brew them anymore. only when i need to somehow reset my soil which i very recently did with the destroyer in the last pic. it was sad and droopy the soil got compacted and anaerobic so i did a flush with .2% h2o2 solution and topdressed then watered with a tea and it bounced right back up.
Those are nice and frosty. They look really good.

crimsonecho

Those are nice and frosty. They look really good.
thanks man apparently its all poison though due to the residual chlorine left after the water got treated lol. well no biggie if thats how it works then all gardeners everywhere is growing poison too haha

i think whats got lost in this conversation is chlorine byproducts are produced at the source, in the water treatment facility. mainly thms (trihalomethanes) form the moment they inject the chlorine into the water. so dissipating residual chlorine has minimal to zero meaning in preventing thms in your grow space bc its already in the tap water.

XenoCannaLabs

View attachment 18944953 View attachment 18944954 View attachment 18944955 View attachment 18944956

Thanks for the comments. Nice flower pics too. Look real healthy and frosty. What size pot are u using may I ask?

I'm nt sure if I explained my self properly or u missed read what I posted. When I pot up ready to flower, I mix All mix with two dry ammendments, charge and ash. That's it. And u can just use water with the occasional microbial tea, which comes in powder form,for the rest of the cycle. The extra things I mentioned are optional and aren't necessary. But through the yrs using them I've had great results, so I continue to. The only bottled products I mentioned are the genesis micro, the call mag and the anaerobic digestate.

crimsonecho

Thanks for the comments. Nice flower pics too. Look real healthy and frosty. What size pot are u using may I ask?

I'm nt sure if I explained my self properly or u missed read what I posted. When I pot up ready to flower, I mix All mix with two dry ammendments, charge and ash. That's it. And u can just use water with the occasional microbial tea, which comes in powder form,for the rest of the cycle. The extra things I mentioned are optional and aren't necessary. But through the yrs using them I've had great results, so I continue to. The only bottled products I mentioned are the genesis micro, the call mag and the anaerobic digestate.

i use 74L pots man. i dont think you’ve failed to explain yourself or i‘ve failed to understand because its still a couple of ingredients more than what i’ve seen work perfect for me and that was what i was trying to highlight.

i‘m not saying you are doing anything wrong i’m sure you are growing beautiful flowers too and ofc you can aerate your water and use digestates and cal mags if thats what you feel works best for you. all i‘m saying is there is an even simpler way to grow organic cannabis which gives excellent results ime.

cannabis is not finicky at all i’ve been gardening since i was a child and i’ve tended a wide range of plants from roses to tomatoes to nut trees to corn and although they have different needs at different stages. they all grow very well with full spectrum organic fertilizers such as manure ewc and guano.

for example yes tomatoes will suffer blossom end rot when calcium intake is reduced due to bad watering habits or lack of the molecule in the medium so you can add calcium in various forms as elemental fertilizers but regular ewc topdressing also provides enough calcium among many other primary, secondary and micro elements so i usually just go with ewc and keep the medium constantly moist and avoid blossom end rot. the full spectrum approach works best for me in that sense.

ps: i’m pretty sure i could grow from start to finish just using my homemade ewc in my organic no till coco mix but i havent tried it yet. fresh ewc is something else when it comes to organic full spectrum fertilizers and microbial innoculants.

XenoCannaLabs

i use 74L pots man. i dont think you’ve failed to explain yourself or i‘ve failed to understand because its still a couple of ingredients more than what i’ve seen work perfect for me and that was what i was trying to highlight.

i‘m not saying you are doing anything wrong i’m sure you are growing beautiful flowers too and ofc you can aerate your water and use digestates and cal mags if thats what you feel works best for you. all i‘m saying is there is an even simpler way to grow organic cannabis which gives excellent results ime.

cannabis is not finicky at all i’ve been gardening since i was a child and i’ve tended a wide range of plants from roses to tomatoes to nut trees to corn and although they have different needs at different stages. they all grow very well with full spectrum organic fertilizers such as manure ewc and guano.

for example yes tomatoes will suffer blossom end rot when calcium intake is reduced due to bad watering habits or lack of the molecule in the medium so you can add calcium in various forms as elemental fertilizers but regular ewc topdressing also provides enough calcium among many other primary, secondary and micro elements so i usually just go with ewc and keep the medium constantly moist and avoid blossom end rot. the full spectrum approach works best for me in that sense.

ps: i’m pretty sure i could grow from start to finish just using my homemade ewc in my organic no till coco mix but i havent tried it yet. fresh ewc is something else when it comes to organic full spectrum fertilizers and microbial innoculants.
Good. I'm glad what I wrote made sense. 3 ingredients isnt alot. And u could use All mix all by itself just watering and u get ok results. These little extras like the amino and enzymes are used if u want take ur organics to another level.

Im a horticulturalist by trade. Of course we recommend manures for your beds and also AD material too. Although manure takes longer to break down than AD, u also run the risk of the manure being contaminated. I wouldnt use it indoors though. And especially in 7 litre pots. 74L is a nice size! And is definitely big enough to facilitate the reactions nessecery to make the food accessible to the plant. Must get some monster plants in those pots!

You are spot on about blossom end rot in Tom's. And since I practice no dig beds outside, top dressing is key. I never use salts or standard ferts on them. Like i mentioned I've read Jeff Lowenfels books alot and refer to them all the time. He covers all this indepth.

crimsonecho

Good. I'm glad what I wrote made sense. 3 ingredients isnt alot. And u could use All mix all by itself just watering and u get ok results. These little extras like the amino and enzymes are used if u want take ur organics to another level.

Im a horticulturalist by trade. Of course we recommend manures for your beds and also AD material too. Although manure takes longer to break down than AD, u also run the risk of the manure being contaminated. I wouldnt use it indoors though. And especially in 7 litre pots. 74L is a nice size! And is definitely big enough to facilitate the reactions nessecery to make the food accessible to the plant. Must get some monster plants in those pots!

You are spot on about blossom end rot in Tom's. And since I practice no dig beds outside, top dressing is key. I never use salts or standard ferts on them. Like i mentioned I've read Jeff Lowenfels books alot and refer to them all the time. He covers all this indepth.

yeah go big or go hydro imo. organics in small pots is just a big constant headache. always chasing some deficiencies caused by pots being just too small and becoming the limiting factor under strong lights. i tried small pots too never had these yields per m2 with this minimal work. and in general plants look million times happier by the end of their lifecycle. and bottled organics? man i botched that shit haha. biobizz etc. just cant keep a plant healthy with bottles its not what i’m used to i guess.

the manure i use is well rotted manure and i’m guessing its also pasteurized to comply with my countries agricultural regulations. never had any problems with it tbh.

i’m just gonna end with saying, if one is truly looking to take organics to the next level keeping a healthy ewc bin under a diverse and nutritious diet is the best thing to do ime.

Organic plants sure are.. Colorful..

I had more bottles spent more money for less quality. But I got to tell people I was saving the earth. Still lying to myself but that's not the point I've surely fooled a few random people by bragging about organics.

phunkeeboodah

the plant i posted above is just pro mix herb and veg mix and pro mix 4-4-8 granules btw. just two items from the local ronas (fka lowes). although darn it you're right, they are both omri certified ; )

XenoCannaLabs

yeah go big or go hydro imo. organics in small pots is just a big constant headache. always chasing some deficiencies caused by pots being just too small and becoming the limiting factor under strong lights. i tried small pots too never had these yields per m2 with this minimal work. and in general plants look million times happier by the end of their lifecycle. and bottled organics? man i botched that shit haha. biobizz etc. just cant keep a plant healthy with bottles its not what i’m used to i guess.

the manure i use is well rotted manure and i’m guessing its also pasteurized to comply with my countries agricultural regulations. never had any problems with it tbh.

i’m just gonna end with saying, if one is truly looking to take organics to the next level keeping a healthy ewc bin under a diverse and nutritious diet is the best thing to do ime.
For sure! Like I mentioned above smaller pots work best for me as it allows me to have more flavours and highs. I've tried dwc and although u do get mighty yeilds with dialed in system, it lacked soul. And for me it's quality over quantity every time.
Don't forget I'm not talking about no till pots, I'm talking about loading my pot with enough organics/microbes/fungi that the plant will have enough sustenance to last the cycle. Using the microbial tea increases the efficiency and promotes the breaking down of these organics into usable food for the plant. I use EWC on my outside beds for. Mixed with rain water, makes a highly bacteria/ nutrient rich soup which is a great for all my food stuffs and ornamentals. And would be perfect to inoculate pasteurized manure for sure.
Liquid AD is very similar.

In the end I'm sure we all are trying to provide a happy rhizosphere, that in turn will produce killer resin. The intelligence in the soil is something we've yet to fully comprehend so I'm providing the plant with everything the she needs, and let mother nature do the hard work.

Latest posts

Latest posts