What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Amazing Disappearing $$$

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I know some places will accept international money orders. They are also backed to a certain dollar amount so if they get lost or stolen you can get the $$$ back. When I send cash I always fold paper around it before putting it in the envelope just to make sure no one can see or feel it. I never tape, glue, or do anything that would make the envelope appear to have something of value in it.

Treevly

I know some places will accept international money orders. They are also backed to a certain dollar amount so if they get lost or stolen you can get the $$$ back. When I send cash I always fold paper around it before putting it in the envelope just to make sure no one can see or feel it. I never tape, glue, or do anything that would make the envelope appear to have something of value in it.

My envelope looked ordinary, had two sheets of paper inside with typing all over each page, and a $100 USD bill folded inside.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also used my cc at GSA years ago no issues.

Their NLX is a strain I wish I still had.

I order from ACE (they are awesome FWIW) and soon Mr. Nice..... other than that too many choices here in the states these days.

I was recently gifted a pack of BOG Sour Bubble, several GG4 crosses from the right people here, and now 4 packs of feminized autoflowers, 2 of which are also GG4 crosses.

that plus a few decades of stashing away the best of seeds... some old breeder packs and so on.

if minnesota ever went legal I'd have one nice garden. Our new governor Tim Walz is pro recreational with stipulations on being grown here & taxed.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My envelope looked ordinary, had two sheets of paper inside with typing all over each page, and a $100 USD bill folded inside.

Sorry to hear that. That's something I've always worried might happen to me but hasn't yet. Cash is straightforward but also carries that risk. I guess ordering seeds can be a gamble. I've had seeds scooped by customs but have been lucky enough to have the order replaced free of cost. I really hope you have a better experience in the future with orders. I've heard of the whole envelope disappearing but never just the money. Thieves are everywhere.

Treevly

Sorry to hear that. That's something I've always worried might happen to me but hasn't yet. Cash is straightforward but also carries that risk. I guess ordering seeds can be a gamble. I've had seeds scooped by customs but have been lucky enough to have the order replaced free of cost. I really hope you have a better experience in the future with orders. I've heard of the whole envelope disappearing but never just the money. Thieves are everywhere.

I've just written off Spain for cash deals, that's all I can do. It may have been fiddled before it left town her, but I can't change 'here.' Well, I could, but then I'd be 'there,' and someone might fiddle it there. If the post service here is entirely corrupt, I suppose I could fly to Spain for the seeds, but that might even be more expensive than buying drinks for the Spanish postal service, which is what I've been doing lately.

As for 'why not USA?: there are certain seeds not available in the USA, and some not available in Europe.

SolarLogos

That sucks man. Knock on wood, I've had really good luck with all my seed purchases. You can have some of mine. :huggg:
AgentPothead, you are a standup guy, much respect my friend!!!

I've just written off Spain for cash deals, that's all I can do. It may have been fiddled before it left town her, but I can't change 'here.' Well, I could, but then I'd be 'there,' and someone might fiddle it there. If the post service here is entirely corrupt, I suppose I could fly to Spain for the seeds, but that might even be more expensive than buying drinks for the Spanish postal service, which is what I've been doing lately.

As for 'why not USA?: there are certain seeds not available in the USA, and some not available in Europe.
I've only sent cash to Spain twice, both times to Ace and both times I got my seeds, without any problem. I didn't send anything larger than $20's and wrapped them in heavy duty aluminum foil. I don't know if mail is xrayed or if there is any way currency can be detected, but I wrap them as a precaution anyways, then put them between the pages of some documents. My envelope then goes into the postal service's large envelope. I also list the contents as documents with $0.00 value. I've not had any problems.. yet. I was told on my last order, that seeds going registered mail have been getting confiscated recently by customs, so I had my package sent to me standard mail and they arrived without problem.

Peace, God bless

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It happens all too frequently. Back when, would send in a birthday type card inserted in folds. Business envelopes are sure fire way to be pilfered.

Better to buy American.....plenty of seed sources to choose and majority ship world wide.

Noticed Bud Aroma's web site and email support is - poof!- GONE! Good riddance. Deplorable seed frauds.

Did turn them into CA Attorney General's office for consumer fraud.

Sending $$ over the pond, it's "Buyer's Risk".

Hope you get it sorted out.