What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Alcove: Another LED Tale

starke

Welcome ScrogMonster. Hoping to put at least one plant into rotation this weekend. An update then.

starke

Let's Try This Again

Let's Try This Again

The plant on the right turntable is a Bag Lady clone that was LST'd, the plant on the left turntable is a Bag Lady clone with no training. The right hand plant is about one week ahead of the plant on the left so we'll call today flower day seven for the right hand plant and flower day one for the lady on the left. Both plants are about 16 inches tall. Would have liked them a little bigger but they were what I had available. So...here we go again.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Not much different between this week and last. Plant on the right just completed 14 days flower and is putting on bud sites. The plant on the left is 7 days in and is throwing pistils everywhere. The left hand plant is still trying to adjust to the transplant and light intensity so is a little droopy. I imagine she will look happier next week.

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Today is 21 days flower for the plant on the right turntable and day 14 for the plant on the left turntable. Both continue to grow although the plant on the left is still not happy. Not quite sure what the deal is. The downward leaf curl suggests ph issues but ph going in is 5.6 - 6.0 and a check this morning of the runoff shows 5.8.

Left Turntable:

picture.php

Right Turntable:

picture.php

The Alcove:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
For the left one, you might wanna check a guide for sick plants, 'cause it looks more like a zinc or iron def, i had some of those but I can't remember which is what... shame on me. :biggrin:

I used to rely on the comprehensive guide for sick plants here on icmag but to my shame, I can't remember where it is and I lost myself trying to find it.. :whistling:
I say that because I've noticed the plant on the left started to yellow in the middle from the leaf tip towards stem, unlike the plant on the right which shows the "healthy" bottom - up yellowing from the flowering N def. I don't think it's the ph.
Dunno, just an observation judging from the photos, hope it helps. :tiphat:

starke

For the left one, you might wanna check a guide for sick plants, 'cause it looks more like a zinc or iron def, i had some of those but I can't remember which is what... shame on me. :biggrin:

I used to rely on the comprehensive guide for sick plants here on icmag but to my shame, I can't remember where it is and I lost myself trying to find it.. :whistling:
I say that because I've noticed the plant on the left started to yellow in the middle from the leaf tip towards stem, unlike the plant on the right which shows the "healthy" bottom - up yellowing from the flowering N def. I don't think it's the ph.
Dunno, just an observation judging from the photos, hope it helps. :tiphat:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been in the sick plant guide for a minute. BTW the guide is in the top sticky section of the Cannabis Infirmary Thread.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

I'm a day late on the update and no pics this time. My apologies. Yesterday marked day 28 for the plant on the right turntable and day 21 for the plant on the left. Both plants continue to build buds and the plant on the right is showing nice sparkle for four weeks in. I'll do my best to get some pics up later.

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

35 days for the plant on the right and she is beginning to chunk up a bit. Really great frost but these pics do not do it justice. I'll try and get some close ups next week. The plant on the left is at 28 days and she is turning into a budsickle. The few side branches at the bottom are building nice buds though which I'm sure is due to the extra light.

Left:

picture.php

Right:

picture.php
picture.php

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starke which par meter are you using ??. I think I asked before but forgot which one thanks in advance , :tiphat:

starke

Starke which par meter are you using ??. I think I asked before but forgot which one thanks in advance , :tiphat:

It is a meter from Spectrum Technologies:

picture.php

Been using it over a year now and have no complaints. I know there are better ones out there but this was affordable at the time. Around $340.00 if I remember right. Sure takes the guesswork out of adjusting height and coverage.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a meter from Spectrum Technologies:

View Image

Been using it over a year now and have no complaints. I know there are better ones out there but this was affordable at the time. Around $340.00 if I remember right. Sure takes the guesswork out of adjusting height and coverage.

Thank you Starke.:tiphat:

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Bag Lady budsickle on the left just completed 35 days 12/12 and Bag Lady on the right has completed day 42. Both ladies continue to chunk up and are showing some nice sparkle. This strain seems to finish between eight and nine weeks but I am still learning her quirks.

Trichs on the right side plant have begun to show some cloudiness with a few random ambers scattered about but I'm betting she will go another two weeks anyhow. I will probably begin flushing her this coming week.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Forty nine days in for the lady on the right, forty two for the budsickle on the left. Started the flush on the right hand lady yesterday. Trich inspection looks much the same as last week so I'm sure she will complete week eight anyway.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peace,
starke

techattack

Nice looking plants, but u are wasting so much energy that is not used, could fit one or two more (or a bigger veg/training). Looking great

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

End of week eight for the lady on the right and end of week seven for the budsickle. A few more ambers are showing up and I will be surprised if she makes it until next Saturday. I'm betting I'll be chopping her Wednesday or Thursday. The budsickle is a week or so behind.

picture.php

picture.php

Peace,
starke

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Lookin good in there Stark! Love the turn table and fixture set up. Are you thinking about vegging future cycles a tad longer?

Those trichs look yummy :tiphat:

starke

Lookin good in there Stark! Love the turn table and fixture set up. Are you thinking about vegging future cycles a tad longer?

Those trichs look yummy :tiphat:

You and Techattack are 100% right. The next two ladies will be bigger and will have a little better training. I grabbed the two largest clones I had to begin this experiment but they should have both been vegged about another two weeks before the flip.

Latest posts

Latest posts