What's new

The 5 PPP Grow

greenwithenvy

Veteran
My bad I had confused it with GreenThumb. Ok cool. I never used Cal/Mag on this grow and I think it may have made a difference but I hate using shit when I'm not sure what it's doing is actually benefiting me. Definitely running it on the next grow and I'll compare the two then to really see. Now that fucking KoolBloom did it up big time. I just hit them again and I saw another new bunch of flowers appear :). Make sure you have that bro and it's super cheap.

I will definitely get some Koolbloom. I will know in a couple days if they needed the cal-mag or not.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Cloudy Water?

Cloudy Water?

Ok Yesterday I did a res change and there was what looks like salt in the bottom of the res and buckets like every other time. I always drain and wipe all buckets and res and shop vac everything. This time an hour or two after the water looked like this. I figured it was just from whats left over in the lines and hydroton. Today it looks the same. Should I have ran water through the hydroton also? Is there a product to reduce the salts or is it something else? Thanks

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Ok Yesterday I did a res change and there was what looks like salt in the bottom of the res and buckets like every other time. I always drain and wipe all buckets and res and shop vac everything. This time an hour or two after the water looked like this. I figured it was just from whats left over in the lines and hydroton. Today it looks the same. Should I have ran water through the hydroton also? Is there a product to reduce the salts or is it something else? Thanks

This is hysterical because I have left my rez under 75 degrees and WE are both experiencing the same exact problem. My rez looks just like yours. I just started a new regime using Maxi Series but this happened once before when I used Super Thrive. Maybe mine is bad but I'm running straight plain water for the next 24hrs. What new products are you using? I also used a high amount of pHUP - how much of this did you use to calibrate. I have a leaf def showing. Looks like yellow stripes - do you have something similar. Of and I'm fucking twisted bro so sorry for the rambling.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I put 1.5 tsp per gal of Dyna-grow and 1 tsp of calmag per and 2 tsp of h2o2. Thats it.

I flooded and drain my tray while spraying the roots and also wiping everything down. I also cleaned out the tub with clorox and sanitized the air hoses and the pump as well as the piece of cable from the pump and whatever pieces of air hoses touch the water. At this point I wasn't trying to wait anylonger for worst things to happen. Clean water in the system now and I have the new nutes in there dissolving as we speak. I'm pHing in about two hours when I feel all the nutes are mixed in.

Shit bro if it looks funny and smells funny - most likely the end result won't be so funny so clean that bitch out quick. General rule in hydro is that cloudy is no good and it may be coming from the nutes or some bad bacteria made it's way in or the roots are just backwashing into the rez. Flood a few times with clean water and wipe down everything.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey man how's it going. What have you done for the cloudy rez. I'm on 12 hours crystal clear here but damn it was a bitch. Showing a few of the deficiencies from yesterday but I'm pleased to see some burnt tips. Lets me know they are feeding and root rot isn't present. Let me know bro.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Ok for now.

Ok for now.

I just got back from the Hydro store and picked up more nutes. I did a res change today and cleaned very good and a flush of the hydroton also. I waited an hour before adding anything and ran all the pumps and stones and it was clear the whole time. Ive added nutes and so far so good. I think adding the H2O2 right after the res change really bubbled it all up. But Im clear for now. We will see how it goes.

Ive also added a new vent line from the ac in the outside room. They had a sale on yellow duct tape.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I am SUPER-IMPRESSED with your ingenuity the bro!! This is sick!! I specially like the way you're venting down and not up way easier on the fan motor. :) If I were a plant I would be loving that room :)

Also nice job with the rez.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
I am SUPER-IMPRESSED with your ingenuity the bro!! This is sick!! I specially like the way you're venting down and not up way easier on the fan motor. :) If I were a plant I would be loving that room :)

Also nice job with the rez.

Thanks SDG I appreciate it. All the conditions are right, now grow big fuckers.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Back again with new pics

Back again with new pics

The Ladies look much better. Ive kept the H2O2 out for now and water hasn't been cleaner. I still only have 1.5tsp/gal of grow and 1tsp/gal of cal-mag. I may bump it up next change. PH is around 6 and PPM is 1500.

PPP 2 PPP 3 WA 1a WA 1b PPP 1 Ice Overall
Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai

This is my new system for Veg. I found this very sterdy recycle bin thats going to work perfect for the Res.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice dude... you're right about that recycle bin being perfect for that res...

I'll try and cruise over tomorrow sometime to check it out.. drink some centennials..

Keep those feeding notes rolling.

Keep those feeding notes rolling.

The Ladies look much better. Ive kept the H2O2 out for now and water hasn't been cleaner. I still only have 1.5tsp/gal of grow and 1tsp/gal of cal-mag. I may bump it up next change. PH is around 6 and PPM is 1500.

Green w/ I appreciate the feeding info. I've been growing a strain that simply doesn't accept high ppm so all the nute info is very helpful.

Thanks,
HMR

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran

PPP 2 PPP 3 WA 1a WA 1b PPP 1 Ice Overall
Hawaiian Umbrella Bonsai

This is my new system for Veg. I found this very sterdy recycle bin thats going to work perfect for the Res.

As usual looking fantastic!!! I'm loving that rez bro.. Perfect size and shape to fit anywhere with the good size ;) Nice catch bro!!

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Getting smashed at Founders with Weird Jimmy.

Getting smashed at Founders with Weird Jimmy.

Sometimes you just gotta let your hair down and drink the finest beers in the state of Michigan.

Weird Jimmy

Nemesis

Devil Dancer

greenwithenvy

Veteran
Lots of pics

Lots of pics

Ok last week I bent all the ladies over. Ive got them held down with metal hanger straps. I guess this is LSTing. I saw it from a thread by EdIsOnnOsIdE called BogBubble Burst. This is a week ago and todays pics. Last week I had a floro in there now it the HSP still on 18/6 for a little while. I still gotta get cuts off them. My new veg room will have a 400 watt MH for all future vegging. There has been alot of growth in the last week. I recently learned that the water level after the roots show out the cups has to be 1 to 2 inches below the cups. Im only in the second grade, ive got years of learning. lol

PPP 2

PPP 3 WA 1b

WA 1a PPP 1

Ice

PPP 3 PPP 2
WA 1b WA 1a
PPP 1 Ice