What's new

The 36th Chamber

Nice Bobby... :tiphat:
What kind of fixtures?

That's a good question. Some sort of cool tube with a hood.

Lol, you call that I tent, I call that a room
Epic

It's a 10x10 so its got a good amount of room. I am going to add another one in about 30 days, and the another.

I was going to try and put 6k in them, but I think I am going to hang a 1000w MH vertical in the center....

That or hand a couple of 1ks and run them at 50%.
https://www.icmag.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Actually its not. Its a cool tube with a hood over it.

Grow-Light-XXXL-Reflector-Hood-8-Open.jpg

Air cooled hood.

aircoold_ballastssquare.jpg

Air cooled tube with hood.

Cool tubes work better IMO, by moving air more efficiently.

I don't know the brand or name, because I don't care. It's a 1000w grow light.https://www.icmag.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
I have used both open hoods,
picture.php

and air cooled hoods.
picture.php

I'd prefer open, because it's a ton less work, and the bulb is exposed.

With tents though, I go with tubes.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Oh, didn't realize it was a cool tube with a reflector. I haven't seen those before. I can see how you'd have better pressure/air flow over the air cooled hoods.

Yup. I can run 6k in a 10x10 and my temps don't go above 85.

I am going to add another couple of metal halide 1Ks in the middle, but I will most likely run them at 50%.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Its not ur style i created my own since i been here rooftop kunfu!!!!
Why jam 2 more k in there ??? Full is full n 4k in a tent can do it... only so many lbs can grow in there... hows ur cooling??? Start droppin bare bulbs ur whole aircooled concept shot to shit.... know ya know what ya doin but curious why not just do another tent?????
I gotta go buy a vcr n watch my old flicks....

I'm just filling out spectrum with the other 2k, and running both at 50%, so only another 1k added. Temps are 82, with lights running 24/7, and I can pump in some AC if need be. If it gets to be overkill, I can always replace the bulbs and ballasts with some 600s, and run them at 50%. I like having some MH in there.

Keep in mind this is with 90 degree highs outside. Fall is on the way and temps will drop.

I am adding at least one more tent in 30 days.

I'm just searching for some winners right now. I've got a 1 car garage to fill out. I will probably run 10k in it, and something even bigger ahead. Closing is not for another month though....

bvMDciL.gif

ic

ic

ic
https://www.icmag.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nice sounds like u would dig my garage. ... got 2 mh in between each row of hps ... got verts to but overcrowded it so i cant turn them on

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Bobby,

Do you ever fuck with Mercury Vapor?
Cant buy them new but they have an Amazing spectrum

Thanks for that great info about cool tubes beingmore efficient - makes sense as youre dealing with less volume of air

Going to look into the Gavita Pro 1000 DEs for the big grow.

Tent is filling out. Going with a 1K Metal Halide vertical in the middle. My temps are 75 with the 4k, so another 1k shouldn't add too much.

picture.php

I have no idea what the aspirator volume is...

There are two phresh filters, connected to two 6" fans. Two lights per fan. The filtered air is passed through the cool tubes, out the tent, through a ozone generator, and then outside.

RulaTone

Veteran
Thanks! cant be more clear
easy and effective, i like it..
glad to see you back and posting
all the best

Latest posts

Latest posts