What's new

the 2007/2008 SNOWBOARD thread!!!!

bubbleman

Veteran
right on guys, nice to see some pics getting put up> tomorrow is the opening day for blackcomb so i will be there with camera in hand, to snap a few shots for you all> I thought i would add a few links here for those of you interested in whistler.
they have live webcams thru out the day that you can check out, here

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/cams/index.htm

you can check out a bi monthly podcast on the mtn and its working here

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/video/podcast.htm?sitecampaign=banner-snowcast_111807

and you can check the snow report here

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/snowreport/index.htm

i will try and upload a few pics from last year, as well, considering i guess some of it was also 07 lol.
( if the picture uploading is ever fixed lol)
Peace
bubble man

bubbleman

Veteran
well now that picture uploads are fixed i figured i would add a few more inspirational shots of the mtn.. these are from last year as i still havent made it up again this year. not sure why, gotta get back up there.

anyway here's to reviving this snowboard thread, come on guys show me your pics,, skiier's welcome to...

bubble man

SwissBliss

Hey bubble, those pics got me stoked man, me and the wife are really getting excited. I can't imagine having unlimited access to a mountain like that and board so much!! We really are considering moving up to BC. Many people say that, or wish to do that, but never do, but it is going to happen. Either BC or Colorado, we will be within a 30 minute drive to a mountain. We sent you a PM, hit us back if you get the time.

~SB~

waydee

I'm taking snowboarding lessons right now, bought a block of 6 lessons at my local dry slope since theres not enough snow on the mountains or resorts yet.

Its hard! i've got a few injuries already but i'm getting better I think, just trying to master the whole... turning thing :) Hopefully by the end of these lessons and a few weeks practicing on the bigger dry slopes i'll be in a position to go to some of the resorts in January. I find it really good fun and great exercise.

Ive got some pics from last year and the beginning of this year....most I have already posted in the previous boarding thread.....but for eye candy purposes I will post em again.

dfa

Balance boards help a lot.. to make one use an old or new skateboard deck, then get a 2Litre soda bottle, fill it with water then duct tape the shit out of it, nice and smooth.

put the deck on top of the bottle, stand on it, and get jib nasty and throw tricks like cab 270 on to back lip, press it out, remeber your steez.

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
i am so jelous! so many near slopes! it has been too long for me! oh but where to go... moved somewhere i can no longer hit the slopes on a whim, sux cause i hate plannin trips & then there be no snow.

luv all the pics of ya lucky ones!

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
Bubble man is in for some company;) You lucky cuss. I can hear the ppl in the seat behind me now. " That old hippie is smoking bud!"

See ya next yr Bubble man.

bubbleman

Veteran
hahah right on leader, will see you indeed. but we won't be smoking bud, we will be hitting the full melt.
just got back from a freshies day at whistler, and man what a day. 20cm' of fresh powder, and a BLUEBIRD day, yes not a cloud in the sky today to be found over whistler mtn. and i've got the pics to prove it.

here's some more inspiration guys, im realy looking foreward to more people posting shots of their local mtns.

peace
bubble man

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Now that is just beautiful bubbleman... scenery like that can really take the breath away while still putting a huge smile on your face.

im sure you will be on the mountain alot and enjoying every minute of the fresh snow :joint:

maybe one day soon i can find my way to such a beautiful spot :wave:

G

Damn that makes me wanna just build a little snow fort n make smoke clouds alllll daaayyyy..

That's very beautiful bubbleman

:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

Breezy420

Love the thread Bubbleman. I'll be up at whistler in Feb, maybe with more interest we could get a little ICMag reunion going up at the mnt.

Rufid

Any of you close to 40 years of age? Just curious because I've been strapping two sticks to my feet for 30 years.Question is , can an older dog learn a new trick?

I have to admit,even though I don't want to,it looks like an energizing alternative.

SwissBliss

Wow, Whistler is truly the shit! We have been here for 4 days now and it is amazing. It has been laying pow all day, and my board loves pow. I got a fat sack too, and my lungs love fat sacks! Hit me up if you are in or around the area...

~SB~

Last edited:

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey swissbliss , damn man i was wondering when i would hear from you. I kinda spaced time and didnt realize you were already up>
anyway i am gonna up on whistler mtn tomorrow, so if you want to hook up, pm me with a phone number and i will call you tonight.

Whoooo hooo dumping pow. just how whistler always does.

Peace
Bubble man

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
rufid...i started skiing at 3O and am now 4O and this yr is the yr of the board. we are headed to Timbeline at the end of jan then to taos in feb. Im going to do the board just like i did skis. get on top of the mtn and go south. yeah, i expect the 1st run to be more fall than run. :)

bubbleman ill pix man. we will see you next season for sure. i need to send you some cash...lol

NOKUY

Veteran
anyone else gettin itchy feet to hit the slopes this winter? I cant wait ill tell ya that!

'bubbleman' those are some badass pics!

Latest posts

Latest posts