What's new

That Old Familiar Feeling

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Update coming sooooon!!! The girls are getting BIG and I've been busting my butt in the greenhouse. Thanks for all the kind words everybody...

Fisher- I'll dig up some photos of my boy for ya....

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Alright then! On with the show.....

A bit cooler and cloudier then we like but everything is moving along nicely. I have installed supports on all but two ladies and they have adjusted well. Arguing with one girl who keeps trying to stack calyxes due to lower than ideal light levels from cloud-cover....grrrrrrrr. When Summer truly arrives these girls are gonna go ape-shit....

Check out the green wire tomato cages I found at HomeDepot, they rock and I'll be using them exclusively next year. Each plant gets two cages which form a hexagon around them....very pleased!

Wishing all of you a wonderful Solstice and Summer....

Rootwise

picture.php

picture.php

K-1 ROCKIN!!

picture.php

Another K-1 showing the cages I was talking about...

picture.php

Below is a Blueberry/Hashplant....

picture.php

Another BB/HP below....

picture.php

Sorry for the delay in the update, these girls below are keeping me busy at night!!!
picture.php

picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
always a great update in here yo...them cages look like they are gonna be perfect,good idea to use 2 the hex will definetly give you enough sides to prop up all the branches from the full figured girls :D
always lurkin yo :lurk:
peace-T-

P

Perpetual

Wow! Those are some mighty happy and healthy lookin' bushes! You do great work, for sure. Hope ya don't mind my stickin' around!

Z10N

respect!

respect!

Aloha brotha....!
...I want to sniff under that skirt alright ! :D !
what a beautiful sight.
I'm loving the vigore of the K1 , looks like a mega-keeper! can't wait to see her grow some tits!!!
the BBHP x looks like a killer too.

very neat work on the outdoor/indoor setup this year my friend!

bring it on!

*~~~~Z asks from the higher forms to beam away much love & good energies towards Root's gardens~~~~~~~~~*

:joint:

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Howdy folks and THANK YOU so much for the kind words, it really means a lot to me. I have to say that managing these gals is like driving a racecar, you better anticipate the curves and that only comes from experience, always something to learn....I'll update in a few days with new pics....

Just set-up a new batch of 55 gallon compost/manure tea barrell today:D

Be good out there!

:bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:

Bon.G.Loder

Extraordinary!! Very tight and clean setup. Can't wait for the day I can grow outdoor bushes like those without a worry! Will definitely be back to watch these gargantuans develope.

How deep are your beds?

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Hello there everybody, time for a two week update!!

Summer has finally arrived and is treating the ladies very well! Thought I'd post up some compost/tea pics so you can see how I do it here at my place. Fellow IC'er silverback has a couple great threads going in the Outdoor Forums about large plants and their management and it has inspired me to share a little "behind the scene" info with y'all... (hope that's ok silverback to spread the word) :smile:

Step 1--Compost! Made on site from our animals....

picture.php

STEP 2---BUBBLE BUBBLE!!

picture.php

STEP 3----Use and enjoy!!

picture.php

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Still here??? HOPE SO!! You didn't think I forgot about the gals did ya?? :tongue:

Here they are as of this morning....sprayed for a very minor thrip outbreak with spinosad. Kills em DEAD. All is continuing very well...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love fer you to tell us how much compost compared to water is used in the tea....how long do you bubble it? etc...

How great is Spinosad eh? One use and poof! gone....

Great show yer puttin on bro!
Peace

Weedninja

I'm pretty much speechless, but I would like to know if you're going to cut the undergrowth or just let nature take its course.

Wow- beautiful plants bro

Latest posts

Latest posts