What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

That evil Hydroponic pot

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I was checking on the news and they just busted a guy in Arkansas that got a big package each month from Cali containing Hydroponic pot to distribute. They made it seem like the Hydroponic weed was something new, strong, and evil. LOL I almost died I was laughing so hard.

Hey CAT, Im from that neck of the woods and would like to make sure my friends are safe. Can you post a link to the article? Thanks a bunch.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hey Rolling Stoner: I went back and couldn't find it again. They always take stuff down and put new stuff up. It was one of the main TV web sites (ABC,CBS,NBC). If its on TV it must be true eh? They didn't give names. It was genius the way they packaged and sent through the mail, so I am surprised they got caught.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After 16 years of growing, I still have zero experience with hydroponics. I just learned how to grow in organic soil and stuck with it. I'd like to try hydroponics sometime. I'll be a noob all over again.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you will be taking a step backwards^^^^^ yeehaw... hydro used to fascinate me ...then I got over it and moved on up...I don't miss it much...after about 30 years growing I can say organic soil rules..theres things going on and stuff you just cant get out of bottle...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It might be taking a step backwards. I haven't experimented with it, so I don't know what I'm missing.

My grows in recent years have been with 25 plants in 12 inch pots under a 1000 watt light. If I want to go to 2 or 3 lights that's 50 or 75 plants. That's a lot of dirt. A lot of work mixing soil and hand watering. Hydro seems like it would be more efficient if you know what you're doing.

Hydros cool, once you know how to do it, super easy, but its easy to fuck up at first. Dialed in and you can grow some serious dank. Been doing it a while but switching to organic. Might try an indoor soil run soon actually.

haters.jpg

Hydro for life bitches. :laughing:

EastFortRock

It's crazy that you hear that hydroponic weed is more strong. It's great for keeping dirt out of the house and it seems like less bugs in the house. I prefer growing outdoor organic now. Free light and keep the mess outside.

Aota1

We have two growers represented at the rec Dispensary I manage that grow in Coco which is hydro to me. While the tremendous amount amount of high quality flower we carry from soil growers is mostly triple a and very potent, our top shelf is basically reserved for the first two I mentioned. This isn't because they're hydro but because of the herb. We get animal Cookies (29%) Mt. hood magic Durban (26%) funfetti (animal Cookies x cherry pie 22%) and fire Alien Strawberry (25%) from one and Dawgy Treats (chem4xcookies 26%) and Your Sister's Cookies (30% Chem sis x cookies) from the other. A few of these strains are super flavorful and most are super heavy hitters. The animal coohave been our top seller for almost a year and I've never seen a better example of what we try for as growers. It's the densest, frostiest, most colorful and potent herb I've come across in 20 years of smoking high grade. Would there be a more pronounced flavor if grown in soil? I think so. I don't even get the AC all the time with total access because it's almost too efficient for flower. Haha. But my store may be a microcosm of the greater cannabis grower community with regard to hydro and soil. It's hyped. I'm a soil man. But it's very good and I believe these guys are so dialed in that their yields are astronomical.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
If you want to try hydro without making a big investment in gear, may I suggest you try Hempy Buckets as a first step? No moving parts, and the only downside is hand-watering.

Latest posts

Latest posts