What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thanks to Good Friends!

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
When away from things of every day familiarity and availability, sure makes
a person (this one anyway) think of the things otherwise taken for granted.

For example, I promised Gypsy to make him a southern style meatloaf, the one
with potatoes and carrots cooked around it, in a slight tomato based sauce. BUT,
when I went to look for the one thing I've always used, McCormick Meatloaf mix,
these UK grocery stores had no clue, absolutely NO idea of what I was
looking for. :crazy: So I winged it, and it turned out okay...but not
the same as I am accustomed to. :frown:

In my passing comment about this in a post, in chat or maybe in pm (can't remember),
Ms.Grat3ful must have picked up on it and look what arrived in the post today!!!!! :yoinks:
I think I feel as excited as most people get when they receive their
seed order in the mail! :jump: :woohoo: :jump:

Gypsy has never had the pleasure of tasting Hamburger Helper (LMAO)... :yoinks:
but he's gonna get his chance now! Should have seen the expression
on his face looking at the box! LOL :confused:

Bottom line, some things we take for granted....but we should never take our
'friends' for granted, they are priceless! Thanks a bunch Ms.Grat3ful for
your thoughtfulness! :woohoo:

:friends:
dg

G

The brown gravy mix makes a good base for ‘Salisbury steak’ /

Have you made Gypsy any chili yet?

(I have a fresh spice house near by)

G

YEAH! :jump: it's there!

You are Very Welcome :friends:

You guys have been so wonderful to us and have worked really hard in making IC and Seedbay what it is and becoming....

You deserve it!! EnjoY :yummy:

ms.G :rasta:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Yes Fredster...affirmative on the chili! :jump: Turned out
fantastic...served it over Basmati rice! And I'm going to
tackle the bar-b-q next! :woohoo: But don't expect to
see anything come off the grill as nice as yours, I listened
to all your instructions, but something tells me it just ain't
as easy as you described to me! This will be me after my first
grilling attempt.......... >>>DG :pointlaug <<<<< Gypsy & Fredster

:friends:
dg

G

.....Thank You SO much Girlfriend....

.....Thank You SO much Girlfriend....

YeS! Thanks to a very good friend that you all knew on here once... She had to delete her account because of security reasons, but most of you will know who I am talking about... :wink: This special Lady packaged up some of the neatest, coolest, prettiest stuff and sent it all the way over the pond to little ol me... :D Let me say, this made my day, weed, month, year.... I am not sure when is the last time I felt so special that someone way over there would take the time, energy, and effort to do such a thoughtful thing.... She still lurks every now and then but sadly she may never return to the boards, but I know I have made a friend for life....

I can't list or show all the things she sent but I wanted to share a few my family here....

The first one is something very special as it was made by her very hands.... if you recognize this please don't mention her name for security reasons, thanks...
I'll be getting me a nice frame for my new Art! :jump:

she also sent some lovely gifts to my hubby and son... which I thought was even extra specially nice.... :friends: This is a neat'o prizm... you can do all kinds of neat color spectrum experiments... hubby and son enjoy this together...

This is a lil wind up robot toy that is so fun... wind it up and it bounces all over onto it's lil red rubber feets... totally retro kewl....

Next is just a few of the items she sent plenty of... girl we will have papers for a year now! lol.. and real FILTERS!!!.. hahha, H3ad can make the biggest coolest cone now....
Roasted hemp seeds!! :yummy :yummy:

This is so GOOD!!... the lil balls are like malt balls/woppers surrounded by like a white chocolate river... :yummy:
------>

This is their "peanut butter" but it's like chocolate with hazelnut in it... mmmhhhmmmm, really good...

She also sent me some Italian face and body cream that is just heavenly, leaves the skin so soft and smoothe... some jewlery, lipstick, stickers.... and much much more.... I just couldn't list it all.... :smoke:

G

She also sent me this top... seems as though Italian fashion is much more revealing than the law allows around here... lol... so I'll have to be careful where I wear it too... and ya know :chin: really, I am not even sure if I am wearing it right... :biglaugh:

so if you know Italian fashion and I ain't got it on correctly, please let me know!!! :rasta:
:wave: that's all Folks.... except one more big ~THANK YOU~ :friends:

G

Dadgum!!!!Thats one helluva top!!LOL,ya gotta love friends,they bring the biggest smiles at the rite times!!!Now,get the windex and clean that mirror,LOL,then take that pic again, :wink:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wooohooo looking good MrsG ...... very nice gifts :)
So nice to have good friends :)

R

Ronley

Thats really really very nice- I love that neat o' prism thingie. also Beautiful art work from "we all know who".

And all those dips and sauces and stuff- very very nice.

G

turn it around and snap another picture so we can see if that's the back or front... LOL you're the best Ms.Grat3ful

Last edited:
G

:biglaugh: yea, yea, yea.... ok.. :smile: I know it's not backwards! :biglaugh: but I wondered, it looks really cool too if you criss cross the strings in the front and makes like a tear drop... but , yea thanks but I am pretty darn sure it ain't backwards... :wink:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
roflmao You better make SURE that's the front :wink:
I found that friends make the world go 'round (specially when they give ya stuff!)
I would be in a much worse place if it wasn't for all of my friends! This includes you guys as well :wave: :friends:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ms.Grat3ful said:
:biglaugh: yea, yea, yea.... ok.. :smile: I know it's not backwards! :biglaugh: but I wondered, it looks really cool too if you criss cross the strings in the front and makes like a tear drop... but , yea thanks but I am pretty darn sure it ain't backwards... :wink:

I am very sure it isn't on backwards, but if it is......

Wear it backwards!

Lookin' good Ms.G! :wave:

T

G

Ms. G what lovely pics, and thank you so much for sharing. Indeed I believe you have a friend for life! That prism is very cool, gonna have to search for one for myself :D. The top looks just fabulous, perfect fit, and IMO it can be worn either as in the pic, or like you said, criss-crossed in front before tying behind the neck :wink:. The hopping critter is pretty funky, how can you tell which way is up? :eek: Very kewl stuff Ms. G, and your friend must care about you every bit as much as you care about her.....it shows both ways :smile: Good friends are rarer than black pearls, and more precious than a ray of sunshine on a spring day. Those few I have are everything to me, and I'm happy to see you have the same. This thread brings a smile to my face whenever it pops up :smile:

A wonderful day to all! :wave:

G

Ms.Grat3ful said:
She also sent me this top... seems as though Italian fashion is much more revealing than the law allows around here... lol... so I'll have to be careful where I wear it too... and ya know :chin: really, I am not even sure if I am wearing it right... :biglaugh:

so if you know Italian fashion and I ain't got it on correctly, please let me know!!! :rasta:
:wave: that's all Folks.... except one more big ~THANK YOU~ :friends:
I WISHED WE COULD SEE MORE PICS LIKE THIS AROUND HERE ..LOL ,, MS.G YOU TELL THAT HUBBY OF YOURS .. HE BETTER BE GLAD HE GOT A SEXYTHING LIKE THAT AROUND ..LOL OH AND THE TOP LOOKS GREAT , NICE STYLE,AND COLOR .. :yoinks: :woohoo:

G

:wave: DG, Y'all need a nice Creole/Cajun care package from here (Louisiana)!! Jambayla, Gumbo, New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice, Beignet Mix, Tony Chachere seasoning and of course Louisiana Hot Sauce. :yummy:

I'd be more than happy to oblige if you wish :wink:

-PG

G

Mmmmm, Nutella... Got hooked on that when I lived in Germany. There is a similar product made from almonds instead of hazelnuts that's even better (I can't remember the brand name). I saw Nutella at the grocery store the other day and almost bought some.

Love those care packages!